Official Iron Fist and Shang-Chi Movie Thread

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
This is a thread to talk about two Marvel movies in this works, Iron Fist and Shang-Chi. Both are one of Marvel's best martial artists, and I can't wait to see them on screen. Here are some of my ideas and casting choices....

Now I know Iron Fist has been cast and that Ray Park is set to play him, but with news of the movie resurfacing, I think the role will be recast.

I'd like to see Ryan Gosling be Iron Fist:

ug07059b77777ij4.gif

fracture5qa7.jpg

The title of the movie would be The Immortal Iron Fist like Iron Fist's comick book series. And the story would be close to the story that's being told in his book. With the introduction of all the past Iron Fists and Danny becoming and Iron Fist. Training in K'un-Lun since he was a boy and then how he got the Iron Fist power by defeating Shou-Lao the Undying and becoming K'un-Lun's champion. Then show how he wears the Iron Fist garb and goes from K'un-Lun to New York and establishes his own company, Rand Corp. Steel Serpent would be the villain of the film.

As for Shang-Chi, a director is set and Ang Lee will produce the film. Bruce Lee would have been the perfect Shang...and my choice for Shang is Tony Jaa:

442pxshangchibi3.jpg

normal004nx4.jpg

The story would be a simple father son story mixed with lots of action and a good story. Jaa is good with stunts, so doing his own would be no problem and would make the stunts look real. we'd see Shang-Chi as a boy already being trained as a force, and the grow up to find out that his father is a criminal. It would take Shang alot to face the truth and then end up having to face his father.

What do you guys think?

So everyone knows, I edited my post with my ideas for both films. Some feedback would be great.

This is a thread to talk about two Marvel movies in this works, Iron Fist and Shang-Chi. Both are one of Marvel's best martial artists, and I can't wait to see them on screen. Here are some of my ideas and casting choices....

Now I know Iron Fist has been cast and that Ray Park is set to play him, but with news of the movie resurfacing, I think the role will be recast.

I'd like to see Ryan Gosling be Iron Fist:

ug07059b77777ij4.gif

fracture5qa7.jpg

The title of the movie would be The Immortal Iron Fist like Iron Fist's comick book series. And the story would be close to the story that's being told in his book. With the introduction of all the past Iron Fists and Danny becoming and Iron Fist. Training in K'un-Lun since he was a boy and then how he got the Iron Fist power by defeating Shou-Lao the Undying and becoming K'un-Lun's champion. Then show how he wears the Iron Fist garb and goes from K'un-Lun to New York and establishes his own company, Rand Corp. Steel Serpent would be the villain of the film.

As for Shang-Chi, a director is set and Ang Lee will produce the film. Bruce Lee would have been the perfect Shang...and my choice for Shang is Tony Jaa:

442pxshangchibi3.jpg

normal004nx4.jpg

The story would be a simple father son story mixed with lots of action and a good story. Jaa is good with stunts, so doing his own would be no problem and would make the stunts look real. we'd see Shang-Chi as a boy already being trained as a force, and the grow up to find out that his father is a criminal. It would take Shang alot to face the truth and then end up having to face his father.

What do you guys think?

that picture of shang chi looks EXACTLY like Bruce Lee, and yea i agree bruce lee wouldve been perfect.

i like the idea of ryan gosling as iron fists but some posters have pointed out that tony jaa is from thailand and practices MUAY THAI and would be inapropriate for the chinese shang chi

I sort of hope a film like this is made,not exactly Superhero..but has some bits of it.I actually heard that the Iron Fist film was scrapped,but it looks like i heard wrong.

that picture of shang chi looks EXACTLY like Bruce Lee, and yea i agree bruce lee wouldve been perfect.

That's exactly what I thought. I was amazed at how much it looked like him.

i like the idea of ryan gosling as iron fists but some posters have pointed out that tony jaa is from thailand and practices MUAY THAI and would be inapropriate for the chinese shang chi

Yeah I think Gosling could be a great Danny Rand/Iron Fist. He was great in Fracture and plus was Oscar nominated. As for Jaa, I see no problwm with him portraying a Chinese martial aritist even he is from Thailand. ;up:

I sort of hope a film like this is made,not exactly Superhero..but has some bits of it.I actually heard that the Iron Fist film was scrapped,but it looks like i heard wrong.

No the Iron Fist movie is still in the works, it's just Marvel is deciding a proper release date for it as this year and the next couple of years are booked.

In Immortal Iron Fist, Iron Fist has a new suit and I think that it should be the suit he should have in his movie:

ironfist003005colax1.jpg

It was a good idea to update his suit from his origianl suit, and I think it would work well on screen. It's very "ninja" like and still keeps true to his original suit.

It was shelved but production has been up again. They just got a director for it but making it is going to take a while because 2007 is booked with Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. 2008 is booked with Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Wolverine. 2009 is booked with Captain America, Ant-Man, and Magneto. And on top of that movies such as Namor, Deathlok, Punisher 2, and Luke Cage are in development also.

Yeah, Marvel is overdoing it with the superhero movies, but they know what oversaturation is at least.

Ziyi Zhang would be a great choice for Shang-Chi's sister:

2004hero003ll1.jpg

I think this pic looks close to Tony Jaa as Shang:

gulacywn2.jpg

Those are real great casting choices. Another person who can play Shang-Chi is:
Jason Scott Lee
jslee_side_300.jpg

Those are real great casting choices. Another person who can play Shang-Chi is:
Jason Scott Lee
jslee_side_300.jpg

Thanks man. :yay:

And yeah he'd be an awesome Shang. Even though he's a bit older now, but I think he'd be a good choice.

In Iron Fist's book, we're learning that there were more Iron Fist's before Danny. For the Iron Fist film, I would like to see mentionings of the Iron Fists of the past. To show that there were more Iron Fists before Danny. I think the best time to do this would be when Danny is training in K'un-Lun and is the apprentice of Lei Kung, the Thunderer, who taught Danny the martial arts. The mentioning of the past Iron Fists, imo, should be when Danny is close to the day where he defeats Shou-Lao the Undying and gains the Iron Fist power.

Here are sketches of the past Iron Fists that are in Iron Fist's book:

Bei Ming-Tian:

ironfist111va9.png

Wu Ao-Shi:

ironfist112ld2.png

Bei Bang-Wen:

ironfist113em6.png

Orson Randall:

ironfist114vb6.png

One thing I would like to see is when Danny dons the Iron Fist garb, we get a look see at how some of the past Iron Fists attires contribute to Danny's current costume.

Do you guys just pick the few selections of Asian actors you know to play Shang Chi or what? Jaa and Lee are both terrible choices! IMO, Daniel Wu has the role locked.

"Marvel's best martial artists"

Exactly. So pick actors proficient in martial artists. Normally it doesn't really matter with most characters like Batman where he can fight and all but it's not his MAIN draw, but with Shang-Chi and Iron Fist these are two characters that are really all about martial arts, so they'd be some of the FEW cases where you would want an EXCELLENT fighter and settle for a mediocre actor, instead of the other way around. You just can't phone in the fighting for something like this, and that means NO stunt doubles. Imagine Enter the Dragon, for instance, if instead of Bruce Lee they hired some oscar winner or something. It wouldn't have worked as well, because even though the acting would be better it would totally defeat the purpose of it being a Kung Fu movie.

So no to Gosling and yes to Ray Park, who as far as I know, is already attached to the project.

Ray Park and Tony Jaa would be a match made in kung fu cinema heaven.

Do you guys just pick the few selections of Asian actors you know to play Shang Chi or what? Jaa and Lee are both terrible choices! IMO, Daniel Wu has the role locked.

Wu would be another great choice.

How about Will Yun Lee?

"Marvel's best martial artists"

Exactly. So pick actors proficient in martial artists. Normally it doesn't really matter with most characters like Batman where he can fight and all but it's not his MAIN draw, but with Shang-Chi and Iron Fist these are two characters that are really all about martial arts, so they'd be some of the FEW cases where you would want an EXCELLENT fighter and settle for a mediocre actor, instead of the other way around. You just can't phone in the fighting for something like this, and that means NO stunt doubles. Imagine Enter the Dragon, for instance, if instead of Bruce Lee they hired some oscar winner or something. It wouldn't have worked as well, because even though the acting would be better it would totally defeat the purpose of it being a Kung Fu movie.

So no to Gosling and yes to Ray Park, who as far as I know, is already attached to the project.

Well said. The reason I picked Ryan Gosling was cause he looked like Danny Rand. And I don't see a problem with him training for the role and he himself can learn martial arts if he wanted too, to prepare for the role. Gosling is Oscar nominated, and with the way Marvel is handling their films with casting, I thin khe'd be great. I'm not saying I don't want Park as Iron Fist, I'm just saying that if the role got recast, Gosling would be my choice.

Ray Park and Tony Jaa would be a match made in kung fu cinema heaven.

Yeah, they're both awesome. If you look at Park's website, he tells how he became a martial aritist and his story is really amazing. Jaa is just awesome, I loved his work on Ong-Bak and the Protector.

How about Ryan Phillpe as a possible choice for Iron Fist? He's a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

There's some on set photos for his new movie and he looks the part:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

whos the better fighter of Iron Fist and Shang-Chi?

i never even heard of Shang-Chi until recently so im biased towards Iron Fist, plus he looks cooler. i actually at first thought that Shang-Chi was his arch enemy but if they are both getting movies then apparently not:huh:

Wu would be another great choice.

How about Will Yun Lee?

Well said. The reason I picked Ryan Gosling was cause he looked like Danny Rand. And I don't see a problem with him training for the role and he himself can learn martial arts if he wanted too, to prepare for the role. Gosling is Oscar nominated, and with the way Marvel is handling their films with casting, I thin khe'd be great. I'm not saying I don't want Park as Iron Fist, I'm just saying that if the role got recast, Gosling would be my choice.

Yeah, they're both awesome. If you look at Park's website, he tells how he became a martial aritist and his story is really amazing. Jaa is just awesome, I loved his work on Ong-Bak and the Protector.

There's a difference between teaching an actor the fight choreography, and using an actual Martial Arts expert, and this is one of the cases where you want to go the latter route. I agree with you that Gosling looks enough like him, but he only has the physical look, not the physicality, and that's the most important thing in a martial arts movie.

i never even heard of Shang-Chi until recently so im biased towards Iron Fist, plus he looks cooler. i actually at first thought that Shang-Chi was his arch enemy but if they are both getting movies then apparently not:huh:

I think both are two great fighters. But like 3dman said, I think Iron Fist would win. He's learning new moves to do with the Iron Fist power in his book and plus he's learning new kung fu. Without the Iron Fist, Danny is still a skilled martial artist.

There's a difference between teaching an actor the fight choreography, and using an actual Martial Arts expert, and this is one of the cases where you want to go the latter route. I agree with you that Gosling looks enough like him, but he only has the physical look, not the physicality, and that's the most important thing in a martial arts movie.

Yeah, there's no doubt that Gosling would need to do more to be Iron Fist on screen, but he's done something close to physicality training when he was in that show "Young Hercules." Learning how to fight shouldn't be a problem with the right trainer, but if it comes easy, then Ray Park would be the way to go.

Shang-Chi. He's the master of kung fu. That and isn't he immortal like his dad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"