• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man Iron Man Budget: 160 Million

Somebody should have told Warners that.:o

Are you talking about SR? If yes, then I must agree with you, because making a $200m movie as the first part of new franchise and at the same time a requel is a big mistake.

Still I liked how economical they were with BB.

^ 160 million Marve film = a 200+ Marvel film for another studio. :) This one is gonna be huge.

I'm still waiting for the manip of the art showing Iron Man punching the ground. Just someone needs to put the Mach 5 under his fist.

i'm guessing iron man will make about 220 mil domestically and about 390 mil world wide, i think this will be similar numbers as transformers, there's a similar draw to both movies, robot like fighting, i'm sure once the trailers and tv spots start coming this movie will be every where

^ Iron Man should hit right around 200 million domstic...hopefully more but overseas it could be freaking huge if the international releases are spread out right. It could make MUCH more overseas.

I'd say it has a chance of making top 5, definitely.

Are you talking about SR? If yes, then I must agree with you, because making a $200m movie as the first part of new franchise and at the same time a requel is a big mistake.

Still I liked how economical they were with BB.
not only is 200 milions to much for a SR movie. they also deleted a 10 milion scene plus if you know the whole story you know that they were throwing away money.

^ 160 million Marve film = a 200+ Marvel film for another studio. :) This one is gonna be huge.

I'm still waiting for the manip of the art showing Iron Man punching the ground. Just someone needs to put the Mach 5 under his fist.

That should be said after their first movie gets released. Right now for me IM looks like nothing over $180m.

Spidey 2 had $200m budget and looked like $150m movie, while Transformers looked like $200m movie and it's budget was just $150m.

Thats even more than the TDK budget of 150 million I think

Im glad they are spending the money on this film. I am so stoked about this movie and can't wait to watch the great cast make memorable performances.

CGI and everything is going to look great

That should be said after their first movie gets released. Right now for me IM looks like nothing over $180m.

Spidey 2 had $200m budget and looked like $150m movie, while Transformers looked like $200m movie and it's budget was just $150m.
all spiderman movies were flmed in NY which is expensive IMO.

No it shouldn't be said then. It should be said now because once again...Marvel doesn't have to pay itself the millions and millions of dollars to use it's own characters which is included in the budgets of Fox, Sony, and other studios that make Marvel films. :o

No it shouldn't be said then. It should be said now because once again...Marvel doesn't have to pay itself the millions and millions of dollars to use it's own characters which is included in the budgets of Fox, Sony, and other studios that make Marvel films. :o

What I meant is that I can't say IM looks like either $160m or higher/lower, because I haven't seen film.

Well from the footage I saw at the con with no CGI-Layering except the final flight sequence which was a skeleton of what have yet to see I'd say it looks like they're using the money wisely.

FYI, the number Wizard in their latest issue gave for the budget was $186 million. Take it for what you will.

This movie is going to kick ass

^ 186 million!? HOLY CRAP

I can't wait for next year! SUmmer is going to be great

The budget limit is 180 million per the financing deal. I guess Marvel could pump in 6 million more of their own money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"