Iron Man 2 Iron Man reboot a possibility in the future?

Gold Samurai

Avenger
Reaction score
With some comic book movies headed for reboot(Spider-Man, Superman) Do you think in 7 years or so Iron Man will be rebooted?

I think the next logical phase for an Iron Man movie would be a blend of Ultimate storyline and more Extremis.

I know some ideas might be unpopular like Blue Tony Stark and the "brain is the whole body" but I think it would interesting to see.

Obviously a younger Tony Stark would be one thing the studios would want. Maybe a younger Obadiah Stane.

With some comic book movies headed for reboot(Spider-Man, Superman) Do you think in 7 years or so Iron Man will be rebooted?

I think the next logical phase for an Iron Man movie would be a blend of Ultimate storyline and more Extremis.

I know some ideas might be unpopular like Blue Tony Stark and the "brain is the whole body" but I think it would interesting to see.

Obviously a younger Tony Stark would be one thing the studios would want. Maybe a younger Obadiah Stane.
I don't think, that it will be necessary to use Stane Legacy stuff in reboot. I hope to see some classic villains, like Spymaster, Firepower, Firebrand, Raiders...

There is a big opportunity in terms of storyline/villains/armor/cast, but I think that by that time, when RDJ will be around 50 - they will find a new Tony Stark, CGI/IMAX will be upgraded by that time, Marvel Studios will change a lot of things, and we should expect some cool director with a incredible vision for Iron Man reboot.

Seriously, guys. What the **** are you talking about?

The second movie hasn't even come out yet and it's almost certain that there will be a third movie as well. I don't want to hear the word "reboot" anywhere near the Iron Man franchise. At least not in the next 20 years. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. I freakin' hate all that reboot-****.

People who complain about reboots are complaining over nothing in all honesty and mostly are just acting childish

and yes after the whole current Marvel continuity there could be a reboot

Seriously, guys. What the **** are you talking about?

The second movie hasn't even come out yet and it's almost certain that there will be a third movie as well. I don't want to hear the word "reboot" anywhere near the Iron Man franchise. At least not in the next 20 years. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. I freakin' hate all that reboot-****.
Wow, wow, cool down man, will ya? Can't we just talk about the possibilities of the future? I agree on the next 20 years part, but don't take it THAT serious.

Well, it is like your own negative opinion about the reboot. I'm okay with it, but chill out, it doesn't have to be like that.

yeah seriously it's just a guess/possibility.

I seriously doubt the character of Iron Man will end after the third movie and Avengers.

Apart from Blade and Ghost Rider, most Marvel movies are seeking the possibility of a reboot.

DareDevil
X-Men
Fantastic 4
Spider-Man

Hulk already did it's semi reboot.

DC side already has Batman and soon Superman.

There is a big opportunity in terms of storyline/villains/armor/cast, but I think that by that time, when RDJ will be around 50 - they will find a new Tony Stark, CGI/IMAX will be upgraded by that time, Marvel Studios will change a lot of things, and we should expect some cool director with a incredible vision for Iron Man reboot.

New Iron Man movie in 2017 that's in 3D? yeah I could see that.

People who complain about reboots are complaining over nothing in all honesty and mostly are just acting childish

and yes after the whole current Marvel continuity there could be a reboot

I thought you didn't talk about reboots that far down the line... :whatever:

This thread's existence makes me sad

I like RDJ, but I wouldn't mind seeing a younger Tony Stark in a reboot. Maybe around the age of 29-34, something like that.

That said... I hope the actor that plays him hasn't been born yet.

I don't even want to consider a reboot. That's the last thing this franchise needs right now.

BTW, Iron Man 2 isn't even out yet!

People do realize that the OT is talking about after the current trilogy and Avenger films right?

I don't think we'll see a reboot of every major hero five years after the last series or shortly thereafter, nor do I want to see them. Sony needs to do it to keep the rights to Spidey. I think Fox will just give up FF/DD as a distribution deal or something. The best way to re-introduce these characters and keep them fresh is to mix them in with other Marvel movies they are indirectly a part of. Have Thing/Reed show up in a Hulk movie. DD show up in a Black Widow movie. Stuff like that. They don't need to be introduced as their own movies. It's not worth the money to studios like Fox to produce 150 million dollar reboots of properties they already screwed up. They can do less and make more return by leasing their characters out to Disney/Marvel. And Marvel shouldn't do reboots of titles until they are 10-15 years old minimum.

No way. These "Iron Man" movies really started the new universe Marvel is working towards, alongside TIH. The closest "reboot" we'd get would be some new actors, a new Tony once RDJ gets old enough, and maybe a new director (which hopefully we won't).

Besides: If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The closest "reboot" we'd get would be some new actors, a new Tony once RDJ gets old enough, and maybe a new director (which hopefully we won't).

That is the reboot in a nutshell. If there is a new director chances are he'll (or she thank you Kathryn Bigelow) will want to go in another direction.

There has to be some excitement to see different armors like the Ultimate version realized on the big screen.

No! HELL NO!! F*** NO!!! NO Ultimate Blue boy s***!!

As far as reboots, I'd rather they just get different actors, after all by the time a reboot should ever happen, what will be the over seas conflict be this time?

You guys are taking it a little too seriously. I brought up the Ultimate storyline because the new Spider-man movies are supposedly going to borrow some elements.

Also the Ultimate's stories are a modern take on our favorite heroes so that they can live for another 10 to 15 years.

A new director deciding to make a more modern Iron Man with Ultimate as their backbone would not surprise me at all.

It may not be popular storyline but i'm thinking someone will give it consideration in the future.

Heck even the new Superman movie is thinking about "BirthRight"

I think after Iron Man and Avengers, Marvel will move on to other super heroes if they can't get RDJ back for some more films. From the sound of it they plan to expand the Marvel Film Universe with projects like Dr. Strange and Iron Fist, so it wouldn't make much sense to me to have a reboot for the entire Marvel Film Universe so early after spending so much time building it up. Nor would it make much sense to reboot Iron Man and not the rest of the film universe.

my problem is that i don't want to see a franchise get rebooted again..and again. and again for every decade.

THere going to change actors and crew eventually anyway I dont see why ppl are complaining about reboot

but I think the concerns are valid. it's just that there's people who are overly dramatic about, Blackman.

again, I don't want to the same movie being remade or rebooted every decade till I die. I don't mind reboots if there's enough time in between. If they do it James Bond style and just change the actors, then whatever.

anyway, my argument is: If you give an inch, someones gonna take a mile. It's okay for now, but if it gets absurdly stupid in the future then it'll be a problem.

Honestly, I think that the current trend of superhero films will die before we get an Iron Man reboot.

as long as it makes money, then it'll live on but i feel like the novelty will wear thin in a couple of years.

if there is one movie that could 'kill' the genre, I really Really think it'll be Avengers. If it sucks, then it might make a huge impact. If it rocks, then how can you top that?

I think the constant reboots will kill the general audience's interest in the genre. Why bother watching a movie if the next one in the series is just gonna start over?

THere going to change actors and crew eventually anyway I dont see why ppl are complaining about reboot

If Iron Man was it's own singular story I wouldn't get super annoyed but the fact that it's part of a greater film universe will just make it so, so lame. God, just the idea of having the Marvel film universe restarted every ten years or so makes me want to puke. I'm not interested in seeing the film universe last for like one decade and then restart to say the same stories over and over again.

Finish Iron Man and then move onto other heroes. Recast him somewhere down the line if RDJ doesn't want to come back in a film where Iron Man shows up. If they reboot this then I'm seriously going to lose interest in Marvel films. The main reason I think Marvel has the best game plan is because they're actually planning this out as a big universe made up of several film franchises instead of driving one franchise into the ground and rebooting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"