Iron Man Sequels Who should be the villain for Iron Man 4?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Assuming Iron Man 4 ends up happening and it ends up becoming a reality just who should be the villain for this film?

Personally speaking I would love for it to be Ezekiel "Zeke" Stane son of Obadiah Stane and I'll tell you why

Because it would feel like the Iron Man franchise would be coming full circle especially if you get Zeke as the villain for the 4th film and it makes sense

Tony killed Zeke's father and you basically drive the movie around Zeke wanting vengeance for his father's death considering Tony/Iron Man killed Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger in the first film

In the comic books, Ezekiel "Zeke" Stane is Obadiah's son. He has been building bio-weaponry and manufacturing next-generation weapons for terrorists and supervillains since he was only nine years old. Utilising his skills, he creates a suit that is actually physically attached to his anatomy. In this sense, he is a sort of cross between Iron Man and the Aldrich Killian character we saw in Iron Man 3 - he is armoured, but by virtue of an actual biological upgrade. What a surprise it would be for the cocky Tony Stark - a man who has saved the world from an alien threat - to find himself tackling a young upstart whose technology is superior to the equipment he has relied upon for so long. The fact that Zeke would have a revenge motive would only add to the story.

Well, since Iron Man 3 almost had a female villain and Agent Carter's interpretation of this character happened in the 1940s, what about doing a modern take on Madame Masque? Not like the films are concerned with what happens in the TV shows, anyway.

Zeke Stane/Iron Monger II or Blizzard

If they do IM4 it'll be after IFW Part2.

The right villian comes out of the question: How do you do Iron Man 4 with Tony not involving the Avengers? He leads them, and thanks to the Accords his powers are limited. Any stand alone movie will have a hard time explaining why he doesn't involve them.

It might be the right film to adapt Demon in a Bottle to explain why Tony no longer leads the Avengers. It'd be a good call back to Justin Hammer potentially with other minor villians, and or the real Mandarin. Remember Trevor makes a comment about plastic surgery etc. So even if we disregard the one shot there's groundwork for a real Mandarin being out there. Also are the 10 rings shown around Tony in IM1 in the hostage video?

Sadly though I'm afraid it would touch upon the PTSD stuff that IM3 used as it's motive. Other option is Tony could be left feeling Invincible following a win over Thanos so he celebrates and drinks and goes back to some of his hard partying ways.

Last edited:
The events of Civil War could lead to his drinking problem perhaps?

Assuming Iron Man 4 ends up happening and it ends up becoming a reality just who should be the villain for this film?

Personally speaking I would love for it to be Ezekiel "Zeke" Stane son of Obadiah Stane and I'll tell you why

Because it would feel like the Iron Man franchise would be coming full circle especially if you get Zeke as the villain for the 4th film and it makes sense

Tony killed Zeke's father and you basically drive the movie around Zeke wanting vengeance for his father's death considering Tony/Iron Man killed Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger in the first film

In the comic books, Ezekiel "Zeke" Stane is Obadiah's son. He has been building bio-weaponry and manufacturing next-generation weapons for terrorists and supervillains since he was only nine years old. Utilising his skills, he creates a suit that is actually physically attached to his anatomy. In this sense, he is a sort of cross between Iron Man and the Aldrich Killian character we saw in Iron Man 3 - he is armoured, but by virtue of an actual biological upgrade. What a surprise it would be for the cocky Tony Stark - a man who has saved the world from an alien threat - to find himself tackling a young upstart whose technology is superior to the equipment he has relied upon for so long. The fact that Zeke would have a revenge motive would only add to the story.

That's what I've been saying for years now.

I think they should follow from Trevor Slattery short movie and show real Mandarin.

Ugh, ANOTHER "you killed my father!" scenario? Seriously?

^Yes, they've blown all the "You effed me over!" and "You effed my father over!" scenarios.

They also wasted Extremis, and they won't do "Demon in a Bottle."

Madam Masque or proper Mandarin.

I have to admit that I still wish to see a proper Mandarin at some point and it seems as though any potential Iron-man sequel will be a while off that it won't be as odd as it would be had IM4 just followed straight after IM3.

Someone already mentioned this on this forum somewhere, but I actually thought if there was going to be an ultimate ending to the Iron Man franchise, I thought it would be the best to make a movie similar to Logan. Iron Man 3 never felt to me like a satisfying conclusion (simply because it was not satysfing and wasn't a conclusion). I'd rather have more character-driven/less overblown movie with a greater sense of depth and character development. I'd like to see adaptation of Denny O'Neil's Iron Man. It's a perfect story to close Iron Man's arc.

Iron Man 4...giving it a Logan type vibe actually makes sense especially if you want to retire RDJ as Iron Man...perfect way to end the franchise really especially given the fact that RDJ isn't getting any younger and not to mention Iron Man 3 really did not feel like a satisfying conclusion to the series I will agree with you on that but then seeing Ezekiel Stane as villain makes sense given the full circle context because of his father Obadiah being the villain to start off the series and then seeing Zeke as the villain to end the series makes sense

I feel we've already had a run at the "Logan" style of finale for Iron Man and I think it showed that that really doesn't work tonally for this particular character (referring to his deconstruction in Iron Man 3, of course.) A guy whose powers destine him to be a punching bag and intensly violent while also guaranteeing that he'll outlive all his friends...it works for Wolverine. A millionaire playboy who made an armored suit not just to save his life but also because it was awesome? It just doesn't fit!

Anyway, I've mentioned in other threads that I think, if they ever do an Iron Man 4, it should be Doomquest with Doctor Doom of course.

Other than that, I'm not sure he ever should have a solo film. Not only is he in every Avengers film and basically the leader now but it also now seems that he will be a rather large role in the Spider-Man films too. They are hinting at a relationship with Aunt May of all things! And you know what? I think that works well for the character and his rogue's gallery has been largely exhausted already, so I'm fine with it. I mean, sure, you could try to do the Mandarin properly but honestly I think it would be hard to do so without essentially retconning Iron Man 3 entirely...I'd be fine with that but I'm certain a good chunk of the fanbase wouldn't be. I don't see Marvel taking that risk unless they start running out of ideas (not anytime soon.)

Madame Masque and Ghost.

If not The Ten Rings then I would go with Zeke Stane or the real Mandarin this time

I've always said Madame masque but she's already appeared in agent Carter. Ezekiel is definitely a good choice. Who could play a young annoying punk?

Oh gosh Shia Leboeuf? I would rather someone a little bit less well known

The real Mandarin and the Ten Rings. Have him aligned with the Hammer girls, Justine* and Sasha Hammer, and Ezekiel Stane.

*Since they made Justin Hammer young, Justine could be his twin sister. Although I still wish they could bring in Charles Dance and make him Justin Hammer Sr.

That's my wish list for the next movie.

Only one problem with that Killian was revealed to be the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 and Sir Ben Kingsley his Mandarin Trevor Slattery turned out to be an actor paid by Killian who was the brains behind the operation unless you tell me that Killian is not the real Mandarin either so then how would that work?

The Ten Rings the last time they were seen wasn't it in the first Iron Man back in 2008?

Not to mention Sam Rockwell his Justin Hammer went to prison in Iron Man 2 didn't he not?

Doctor Octopus!

He could be a scientist who's work went unfinished for reasons that he blames Stark. Or maybe he blames Stark for the accident as well.

Last edited:
I also think after iron man 4 stark should slowly fade into the background of fhe MCU while slowly becoming a lousy drunk. Just have him appear in other movies that are not his own. Use his alcoholism for humour purposes but also demonstrate it has become a problem.

Then years later do another iron man movie showing tony beaten and battered by his alcoholism. He quits drinking but then for the final battle to calm his nerves he's drunk again.

As long as Favreau is directing, I would be excited to see Slattery and Hammer return, even if there is not new villains. Just set it 10 to 15 years after the first one and have a "coming out of retirement" feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"