The Comics Iron Man vs. Dr. Doom

Well, one thing to remember, while Doom may have had the anti tech spell, Stark has injected himself with the extremis virus, he technically no longer even needs the armor.
I will concede the fact, that Doom is one bad dude, but lets give Tony some credit, he's beaten anti tech spells before, Mandarin did it and Tony found away to beat that, like CaptainSpacey said.
it could be considered a draw.

Doom takes it if the fight is anticipated.

Shellhead wins if the fight is unexpected.

Actually, they've fought solo before.

Tony got his most conclusive victory with the help of Squirrel Girl.

:-)

Doom has faced down the entire Avengers before and while normally 7 times out of 10, Doom is going to beat down Tony Stark. The fact is that Doom actually acknowledges Tony as an individual threat. The only ten people in the world that Doom even realizes EXISTS are the Fantastic Three (he doesn't acknowledge Jonny), Tony Stark, Thor, Doctor Strange, Namor, Black Panther, Kang, and whatever chick he's currently macking on (Valaria, Storm, DAZZLER...)

So that puts Tony in some august company.

They just fought in the most recent issue of Mighty Avengers, and while Tony had the upper hand for a bit, Doom started using his magic, and pretty much won....

Yeah, magic's Doom's ace in the hole. Armor to armor his isn't a match for Iron Man.

I like Tony but Doom would take him out

Doom.... But it's close, Tony would win with help from the Avengers.

Doom takes this one. He'd come up with a way to circumvent Stark's armour.

Are you kidding?

:doom::doom::doom:

In case no one got it; Doom

The greatest Iron Man/ Doctor Doom battle (*to date*) has to be Iron Man 149-150. These issues should be examined in relations to this debate. On the other hand, both parties are consistantly improving on their individual advancements. So the point might be mute. In my personal opinion, I'd say it would Doom. :doom:

I think Iron Man (with Extremis) will defeat Dr. Doom. :im:

Well, at least movie IM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> movie Doom. ;)

Well if Doom only used Technology and didn't include Magic (or his power to switch with the winner anyway). Excluding if Stark let him live with enough strength (more likely he will cause he's a hero and what not, not saying he won't, but he's likely too), Doom would use his time platform to go back in time and change the outcome to his favor, because he knows how it gonna happen. Excluding ALL THAT, Iron Man is slightly better tech. wise, because its all Stark has, so its bound to be a little more thought out.

But good thing Doom thinks about these things, and has magic, and a time platform and the ability to switch minds.

Doom baby. :doom:

Also the fact that good guys win like 85% of the time anyway, should not make a difference if the story actually played out like it was supposed to. But (most of the time!) good guys win a lot because everyone likes the guy who's name is on the cover....No good cheating good guys...:p

Well, at least movie IM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> movie Doom. ;)
Without a doubt! "Movie" Iron Man would kick "movie" Doom's tin ass. That film version of Doctor Doom was an abomination and insult to comicdom's "greatest super-villian"! Such a shame.

Without a doubt! "Movie" Iron Man would kick "movie" Doom's tin ass. That film version of Doctor Doom was an abomination and insult to comicdom's "greatest super-villian"! Such a shame.

Wasn't that Doom based on Ultimate Doom?

Wasn't that Doom based on Ultimate Doom?

The similarities are in the skin turned to metal, and he was in the accident that created the F.4 other than that, they are quite different.

The ultimate version didn't have electrical powers, had goat legs, was a lot more intelligent (it seemed), didn't have a whole company to his name, shot out metal spikes and could spew out toxic gas. As well he had a little rut in the East that squatters lived in but they had to swear loyalty to Doom (his name was Victor Van Damme). He then also learned magic from Atlantis teachings after taking over Latveria and changing his name too Dr. Doom(this I'm not too familiar with).

With magic: Doom.

Without magic: Iron Man.

Simple as that.

There's a new mini series out called Iron Man: Legacy of Doom, and while the two dont actually fight, Doom totally outsmarts Tony with embarassing ease.

Definitely worth checking out.

Legacy of Doom is awesome. Yeah Doom totally screwed Tony over big time.

Next issue, Dr. Doom with Excalibure (the sword) VS Iron Man.

Either way.

I only say this because, while Doom has done some great stuff, he has a tendency to get completely owned now and again.

That's coz he's dumb enuff to let his ego get ahead of him, like all baddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"