It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

Yeah I feel like Pattinson made such an important point about unrealistic body image when he did Batman so I reckon it’s fine to know have an over the top superman

Yeah. I think it's more important for Superman to look fit instead of muscly.

I think his "Hollywood" build plus 10-15 pounds of muscle who be best. Defined but not looking like a steroid freak. Also time wise, I think that would be best.(not an expert on muscle training though).

Also since he is filming presently(I think), that may be the best results to expect. I would like him to look "Super", but not extreme.

I think something close to Cavill’s build in MOS would be perfect, or Reeve’s build in Superman 1-3. No need to go uber-jacked the way Cavill did later on.

I think something close to Cavill’s build in MOS would be perfect, or Reeve’s build in Superman 1-3. No need to go uber-jacked the way Cavill did later on.

I think either of those builds would work well with Corenswet.
tumblr_npefzp2c4z1sxwyufo3_r1_540.gif

b410fa1ef26a608b60baa301e392d14871b0ac13.gif

Yeah I feel like Pattinson made such an important point about unrealistic body image when he did Batman so I reckon it’s fine to know have an over the top superman

Which arguably goes against the character because Batman of all characters is supposed to be in peak conditioning, trained to the limit of human potential, so physically, he should look like an athlete.

It's one that was very unintentional though as it was just a joke that he backtracked immediately afterwards. In the movie he just had the physique that was demanded of in the script which explicitly stated that sort of leaner look.

Which arguably goes against the character because Batman of all characters is supposed to be in peak conditioning, trained to the limit of human potential, so physically, he should look like an athlete.

Exactly. I like Pattinson, but that quote was just him being a lazy bastard.

Chris Reeve in Superman 3 would be a great build to go for - David has the height, so if he can build out his chest a bit & broader his shoulders then he’d have a great look imo.

603351A5-2890-4D17-83EE-FF10C7FBCFB0.jpeg

Yeah, that would pretty much be a perfect look for Supes, aside from the undercut, haha. I like the way the costume is drawn there; the trunks look more like something you work out in instead of briefs, which is a good way to do them in live action, IMO.

I direct you to my fave piece of fan art, which I posted in the costume thread-- As well as being an ideal suit (except the cape length), this is also my ideal physique for Supes. In great shape without feeling like he's lived in the gym or runs on special sauce. And please, no fake abs on the suit this time.

dfxa99c-97910ee3-377c-44e8-a08e-30e7978aa951.jpg

I also think a Chris reeve body type would be perfect.
He should be About 210 to 220 lbs. Big, but not Mr universe big.

I direct you to my fave piece of fan art, which I posted in the costume thread-- As well as being an ideal suit (except the cape length), this is also my ideal physique for Supes. In great shape without feeling like he's lived in the gym or runs on special sauce. And please, no fake abs on the suit this time.

dfxa99c-97910ee3-377c-44e8-a08e-30e7978aa951.jpg
Mid Calve on the cape and it would be perfect.

Twisters was filming when the strike hit. They were still building some sets in Oklahoma for the tornado to destroy. Curious if Corenswet finished his scenes or if he'll have to resume filming with the rest of the cast when the strike ends.

I really hope that James Gunn strays away from past portrayals of Jor-el sending Superman to earth to be its savior. Unless I'm mistaken, "Superman & Lois" is the only portrayal that I've seen in the past twenty years where Clark alone made the choice to become Superman.

I really hope that James Gunn strays away from past portrayals of Jor-el sending Superman to earth to be its savior. Unless I'm mistaken, "Superman & Lois" is the only portrayal that I've seen in the past twenty years where Clark alone made the choice to become Superman.

My Adventures with Superman is admittedly a very new show that has only just debuted, but it also has opted to have Clark make the choice to become Superman without being instructed or encouraged by Jor-El to go and become the savior of Earth. Also even goes a step further and introduces the idea that

the Jor-El AI can't speak English and since Clark has no way of knowing how to speak Kryptonian, the two have a severe language barrier in their ability to communicate with each other.

Hell no. :argh:

No more puffy Supes pls. Thankfully, not a concern with David’s height/build.
HLGWUYB.gif

He's got to get built (over-exaggeration). Corenswet has a smaller frame and generally leans towards being more lanky. He doesn't have to get roided out, but if he can add a bit more size to him that would go a long way toward lessening the 'softness' that is really the only downside I have with him being cast here. He should appear towering/massive (easier with his height), while his character/personality brings in a softness, and I think that'd only add to what Corenswet can bring to the role. He certainly doesn't have to get as big as Cavill was as Superman, ideally, the goal should be to get him to a Cavill in Immortals build where the focus was definition and broadening those shoulders:
1092bf33c69de6df7e90ce073202a43c--shirtless-guys-henry-cavill-shirtless.jpg

efff1cf0901d2a2a869bdc62b9325fcd.jpg

giphy.gif

200w.gif

69149448efc53604d94c5aa7773ff96837056f6c.gif

Now I'm not saying Corenswet should go for the 8-pack, but he should definitely look to add more size here imo. This comes from the perspective of someone who grew up with the STAS Superman and doesn't really care for the Reeve era of Superman (he was great for the era/time).

HLGWUYB.gif

He's got to get built (over-exaggeration). Corenswet has a smaller frame and generally leans towards being more lanky. He doesn't have to get roided out, but if he can add a bit more size to him that would go a long way toward lessening the 'softness' that is really the only downside I have with him being cast here. He should appear towering/massive (easier with his height), while his character/personality brings in a softness, and I think that'd only add to what Corenswet can bring to the role. He certainly doesn't have to get as big as Cavill was as Superman, ideally, the goal should be to get him to a Cavill in Immortals build where the focus was definition and broadening those shoulders:
1092bf33c69de6df7e90ce073202a43c--shirtless-guys-henry-cavill-shirtless.jpg

efff1cf0901d2a2a869bdc62b9325fcd.jpg

giphy.gif

200w.gif

69149448efc53604d94c5aa7773ff96837056f6c.gif

Now I'm not saying Corenswet should go for the 8-pack, but he should definitely look to add more size here imo. This comes from the perspective of someone who grew up with the STAS Superman and doesn't really care for the Reeve era of Superman (he was great for the era/time).
That's not a disagreement. I never said I didn't want David to put on some bulk. I said I don't want him to go Stay Puft like Cavill. Which Cavill only got because of his short, stubby build. So again, not a concern with David. I definitely expect him to bulk up a bit, but to more of a Reeve build.

That's not a disagreement. I never said I didn't want David to put on some bulk. I said I don't want him to go Stay Puft like Cavill. Which Cavill only got because of his short, stubby build. So again, not a concern with David. I definitely expect him to bulk up a bit, but to more of a Reeve build.
It's also very important that if he does add a bit more definition and doesn't really add much bulk that his new suit reflects that. I don't want to see Corenswet in some type of Shazam-style padded af Superman suit. Ew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"