No Way Home "It's Perfect" - Michael Giacchino returns to score "No Way Home"

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that
apparently it's the only time in the entire OST that the themes are used. Granted I was not expecting an overabundance of it, that was never realistically going to happen, but a least a little bit more than what we got here.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that
apparently it's the only time in the entire OST that the themes are used. Granted I was not expecting an overabundance of it, that was never realistically going to happen, but a least a little bit more than what we got.
Me too
but I can't say I'm entirely surprised. Michael has a tendency to hold back on established themes for franchises. Like, even Jurassic World for example. which isn't a bad thing, I mean I love his scores obviously, but I was hoping for slightly more of Elfman here. Either way, I'm glad I at least got that.

Last edited:
I ain't at all surprised. That's usually how it works when they bring in a theme from somewhere else. They usually take a small cue to use when needed.

I get a lot
Loki
vibes of Track 23 between 2:30-3:30

I havent listened to the leak and im not gonna but im very surprised and kinda disappointed Giacchino
went with Horner’s themes/motifs opposed to Zimmer. I just watched ASM 2 last night and Zimmer’s updated Spidey theme i felt was SUCH an improvement over Horner and so uplifting and catchy and so much more appropriate for his return in NWH.

Glad Giacchino went Horner over Zimmer for Andrew. I prefer that theme way more.

As for Giacchino's own theme, I've really enjoyed the development it's taken with each movie and grown with the character. No Way Home's rendition feels more grand in line with a lot of other Spidey themes. FFH's rendition still might be my favorite, but I'm loving this new one.

Also, it's important to note that the album is only 74 minutes long. 10 of which are the credits music. So, only like an hour of the actual material is covered. I imagine a lot more quotes of Elfman and Horner's music will be in the film even if they're tracked in from previous scores.

Last edited:
I can't listen to or download the score for some reason. Feeling annoyed lol.

Nope. Another major leak.

So, having listened to it. I love it for the most part, but I have a gut feeling it's not the best representation of the film's music. The middle portion of the album feels like it's spinning wheels.

From what I can tell, I feel pretty confident that in terms of act break up: tracks 1-10 are all the first act. Track 6 is the spell, 7 is the Otto battle on the bridge, and 10 is the Strange/Spider-Man battle. Tracks 11-18 are the second act, tracks 19-22 are act 3, and then 23 is the credits. So, even with the hour length, there's quite a bit of missing material from the later half of the film, especially the final act. Based on track 22 the ending seems to be pretty bitter sweet.

In terms of themes, I was actually surprised by how prevalent Doctor Strange's theme was. Also annoyed me a little bit because it made me wish this kinda care was placed in earlier MCU films. The way Giacchino uses these two themes in the battle cue, just highlights the loss of what could've been for Captain America and Iron Man in Civil War. There's what I think is a "Spider-verse Theme" but I could be wrong. It acts as an extension of Giacchino's Spidey theme, but also gets a lot of singular time.

As for the villains, Ock's theme shows up quite a bit (tracks 7, 12, 18), and then Goblin's theme makes a quick appearance (track 18). Just like with the other two Spidey themes, I have a hard time believing that's all those themes will be appearing in the movie. Mysterio's theme does make a cameo in track 3, which I'm guessing is Peter running from the cops to open the film.

Overall it's a far more dramatic score than the previous two.

Last edited:
I can't listen to or download the score for some reason. Feeling annoyed lol.

I only heard two clips on YT.
Right now, I'm not disappointed with how Giacchino wove in the Horner and Elfman material. It's done respectfully and tastefully.

Now I'm curious whether he'll use the villain motifs as well.

Found the full OST leak, listening to it now. Giacchino more than aced the assignment IMO.

While some people who listened to the OST will bemoan the fact that only Elfman and Horner's Spider-Man themes pop up in track #19, it is more than possible the themes will be quoted in the film earlier (but left off the OST). Giacchino incorporates Elfman's Doc Ock and Green Goblin motifs several times, and possibly a fragmented arrangement of Young's Sandman motif. Not sure whether the atonal electric guitar is a nod to Zimmer's Electro dubstep.

I sat down and listened to James Horner's TASM score and wow you guys were right, the score for that movie IS pretty dang good and so is his theme/motifs. I feel like Horner's score was not well utilized in the actual movie at all, I've rewatched TASM very recently and i dont remember the score standing out , unlike TASM 2 where Zimmer's really caught your attention.

I sat down and listened to James Horner's TASM score and wow you guys were right, the score for that movie IS pretty dang good and so is his theme/motifs. I feel like Horner's score was not well utilized in the actual movie at all, I've rewatched TASM very recently and i dont remember the score standing out , unlike TASM 2 where Zimmer's really caught your attention.

The TASM score is good, but it doesn't always suit the intention of the scenes. Dunno if that's Horner's fault or the director's.

TASM2 soundtrack is way more memorable... Goblin's theme, new Spider-Man's theme, Electro's theme, I remember all of them, i can't remember anything from TASM except for the main theme which I often forget.

BTW. there are a lot of tracks in new soundtrack that sounds exactly like this! Very sinister and dark.

I prefer Zimmer's overall score to Horner's but I do prefer the latter's Spider-Man and Peter Parker themes. Most of the score's highlights come from their usage.

Been listening to this film's score quite a bit the last few days. I figured as much on first listen that Track 1 would be the production logos, but it took me awhile to realize that it actually does contain the Giacchino's MS fanfare they use in everything, just broken down to its simple beats. Really clever stuff that helps build tension.

So I haven't heard the leaked soundtrack. Intentionally so. It's an auditory spoiler for me.

I've only heard this theme on YouTube.

For those of you who have heard the soundtrack in full is this theme legit? If it is then... wow.

So I haven't heard the leaked soundtrack. Intentionally so. It's an auditory spoiler for me.

I've only heard this theme on YouTube.

For those of you who have heard the soundtrack in full is this theme legit? If it is then... wow.

It is legit. That part shows up in the nine minute suite at the end of the leaked OST.

Zimmers score is more action excitement. Horners has a more emotional tone to it. Which is probably why they went for Horners.

Absolutely. It's also possible Giacchino tried fitting Zimmer's theme, but it probably didn't have the same emotional resonance like Horner and Elfman's themes do.

I gotta say, ive been listening to Horner’s score these past two days so i could become familiar with it and i like it more and more each time. The movie did a really poor job mixing it into the film because theres a lot of great emotional beats and heroic reprises in this. This is definitely the better score of the two ASM movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"