• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dark Phoenix It's safe to assume that the Deadpool movies don't belong to this universe...

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Too many incongruences and 4th Wall stuff. Enough. The Deadpool reality is different.

It would be cool to think that the X-Men that Deadpool see at the X-Mansion are "our" Main Universe 1990s X-Men who went accidentally displaced in the Deadpool reality for a while. Kind of multidimensional adventure for our heroes.

Updates for "X-Continuity":

X-CONTINUITY

I just deleted "Deadpool" from Timeline Sigma.
I also placed "Dark Phoenix" in 1993, as hinted by official sources.
I moved "The Wolverine" from 2011 to 2008. In Timeline Beta, the X-Men just disbanded in 2006.
I moved the mysterious 'Zero Event' which created the First Class timeline (Timeline Beta) from 1903 to 1883. 50 years before Xavier's birth. More time to change various lives and generate some minimal Butterfly Effect.
"Logan" and "Deadpool" are two parallel dimensions.

Methinks you're overthinking it. Same mansion, same basement, same jet, and now even the costumes and the idea that the X-Men are national heroes (see: Deadpool 2 and the comics books in Logan) are all kind of vaguely aligned even if no one cares at all about the details.

I suggest you try not to overthink it and just enjoy yourself.

Methinks you're overthinking it.

I suggest you try not to overthink it and just enjoy yourself.

I have fun with this, in truth. Not overthinking, just enjoying the "fixes" and the theories.

Can you keep your theories in 1 single thread? This is probably your 10th continuity thread.

Have fun. You're not a cop.

Last edited:
Your threads aren't fun. No need to create a dozen threads for continuity. There's not even a dozen threads for Dark PhoeniX news since they are posted in 1 news thread. No need to flood this section with continuity threads created by the same poster.

Your threads aren't fun. No need to create a dozen threads for continuity. There's not even a dozen threads for Dark PhoeniX news since they are posted in 1 news thread. No need to flood this section with continuity threads created by the same poster.

Man, stop being so angry towards the world.

Mods can delete my thread about the 6 universes. This one focuses on the relationship between Deadpool and Dark Phoneix. Stop being so melodramatic. It's a forum. Enjoy life.

Its safe to assume that this Deadpool thread doesnt belong to this board

Its safe to assume that this Deadpool thread doesnt belong to this board

Not true. You're wrong. I mentioned the 1990's X-Men and their presence on the DP movie, as well as talking about the timelines.

Man, stop being so angry towards the world.

Mods can delete my thread about the 6 universes. This one focuses on the relationship between Deadpool and Dark Phoneix. Stop being so melodramatic. It's a forum. Enjoy life.
Not liking your threads isn't hating about the world. I actually wouldn't mind your obsession about the continuity if you would keep it all in 1 single thread.

Now the question is why colossus is so young at the end of days of future past (future timeline) but much older in Deadpool (prequel timeline), so younger in the future, older in the past

Also where the eff is rogue

Now the question is why colossus is so young at the end of days of future past (future timeline) but much older in Deadpool (prequel timeline), so younger in the future, older in the past

Also where the eff is rogue

In truth, he doesn't show any age in his metallic form.

really? I feel singer's version always sounds and looks younger than Deadpool's. In any case he hasn't aged a day by the time he's in 2023 whereas Wolverine the mutant with regeneration powers has white hairs growing above his sideburns?

really? I feel singer's version always sounds and looks younger than Deadpool's. In any case he hasn't aged a day by the time he's in 2023 whereas Wolverine the mutant with regeneration powers has white hairs growing above his sideburns?

Singer's version is firmly placed in 2004-2005 (X2 - Last Stand).
Colossus's birthday could have changed when the First Class timeline has been created in the late 1800s. And we still don't know when "Deadpool" is placed anyway - Nineties or 2018?
Cinematic mutants age much slower and better than humans.
Wolvie's sideburns, well, I guess it's an effect of his slightly damaged regenerative powers after the events of "The Wolverine".

I sent you a PM, X-er ;)

Wolverine's gray hair is obviously the result of adamantium poisoning reducing the effectiveness of his healing factor over time. Didn't you guys watch Logan?

But anyway, I see little point in trying to fit Deadpool into the Fox X-men universe at this point. It will likely continue on as its own thing long after the Fox X-men series comes to a conclusion with Dark Phoenix and the incongruity between the two will only increase.

Disney has stated that they will let the Deadpool movies continue, though.

Edit: Well, I guess they didn't specifiy that it would specifically be Ryan Reynolds's version of Deadpool, but they did say they would keep it R-rated with a separate R-rated Marvel brand. I really can't see them going through all that trouble just to ditch and reboot the movie series that made them realize such a brand would be worthwhile in the first place.

Last edited:
Deadpool 2 is set after the theatrical release of Logan. It is best to avoid continuity.

I really can't see them going through all that trouble just to ditch and reboot the movie series that made them realize such a brand would be worthwhile in the first place.

Same could be said about the X-Men franchise in general.

But anyway, I see little point in trying to fit Deadpool into the Fox X-men universe at this point. It will likely continue on as its own thing long after the Fox X-men series comes to a conclusion with Dark Phoenix and the incongruity between the two will only increase.

Deadpool fits in the same way most the films have fit with each other since the franchise started. in which case it fits perfectly.

One thing that can't be ignored about Deadpool and the creative team on Deadpool is that they really wanted too acknowledge Deadpool is in the same universe as the X-Men movies while also having the freedom to do their own thing in it, to the point the moment the got their foot in the door they jumped right on the X-Mansion set to film as much as they could... and the more they showed, the more obvious it become and the harder it became to ignore.

Deadpool isn't in a different universe. Deadpool is part of the same universe. its part of the same universe that includes 2 different version of characters whenever it suits them. while also keeping parts of the universe firmly intact and acknowledged.

Right now, at this moment Deadpool fits in better to the X-Men movies then it does the MCU.

Last edited:
Wolverine's gray hair is obviously the result of adamantium poisoning reducing the effectiveness of his healing factor over time. Didn't you guys watch Logan?

Colossus is from the future timeline and Deadpool makes references to Hugh Jackman all the time, so I'm gonna say Deadpool's set in the future too.

I got the impression that shoehorning the prequel cast in Deadpool was a desperate attempt at saving the prequel films. It's like saying: Hey Deadpool's great and he's with us the young X-Men, so please keep watching our stuff too! But it's also a way of limiting Deadpool and it kinda brought its quality down for me.

If they're having a hard time making X-Men films set in the past, why not give us an X5? They keep paying for Jennifer Lawrence to return and I don't wanna even ask how much she costs, but I think it would be even more effective if they brought back Laura/X-23 from Logan along with Ian McKellen (Magneto), James Marsden (Cyclops) and Anna Paquin (Rogue) and/or Ellen Page (Kitty), recasting a few other characters like Gambit, Emma Frost, Beast, Bishop, Northstar... Something made carefully and focused on quality as opposed to just sticking katniss' face on a cheaper product.

I got the impression that shoehorning the prequel cast in Deadpool was a desperate attempt at saving the prequel films. It's like saying: Hey Deadpool's great and he's with us the young X-Men, so please keep watching our stuff too! But it's also a way of limiting Deadpool and it kinda brought its quality down for me.

Wel untill you hear it was the creative teams decision

"We thought, how fun would it be that, you know, again, we had so much fun with the idea that no one was in the mansion in the first one," Wernick explained. "And in fact, you know, they were all in the mansion in the second one, and just, Deadpool didn’t see them. You know, that was fun."

“That was interesting because Simon Kinberg was filming X-Men: Dark Phoenix in Montreal at the same time we were doing Deadpool,” he told Den of Geek. “So this was in the script but we were always wondering how we were going to be able to pull it off. The set supervisor, Dan Glass, who did the Matrix films, he came up with this idea of doing a composite, and getting the plates to match.

“So we shot our side here, and we sent the measurements and the camera positions and things up to Simon's team on Dark Phoenix, and they shot the plate for that there,” continued Leitch. “Then we put the two together. So actually it turned out to be easier than we thought. If we would have had to get all those people in the room it probably wouldn't have happened.”

"There was so much goodwill from the first movie, so getting people to come on board and do that kind of stuff was easy," David Leitch, the director of the sequel, tells SYFY WIRE. "Simon Kinberg, the producer on both movies, was shooting Dark Phoenix at the time and they were on the same schedule, so it just sort of became a logistical puzzle. They actually shot that plate shot in Montreal and then we shot our side here and we comped those two together. So we didn't have to be in the same room but they had everybody on set. So it was actually a little logistically easier than it seems."

“People love this universe. And so having that goodwill and knocking on doors of familiar faces that I know, sort of was like a perfect balance to get a favor or two.”

Its weird that some think they were forced into including them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"