No Way Home J.K Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I haven't seen any official report about Simmons returning, but that midcredits scene in FFH was one of the greatest reveals of all time. Now I wonder, will Jameson have an expanded role in Spider-Man 3?

Hell, with Raimi directing Dr. Strange 2, will there be any meaning added to that line referencing him in Spider-Man 2?

I'm 100% sure JJJ will be in NWH in some capacity, given that Spidey seems to be a fugitive of sorts from what little we've seen. As far as an expanded role? Since Peter certainly isn't working at the Bugle given what Mysterio and JJJ did to him, we probably won't see that many more scenes of him.

I think JK Simmons implied in an interview that he done some stuff with Marvel after FFH, so hopefully that's the case.

I’m be very surprised if he’s not in it. He could’ve filmed videos for the film as Jonah doing his anti-Spider-Man rants or something.

I could've sworn that Simmons confirmed in an interview that he was back.

Regardless, I expect him to be back. It'd be cool to see him play the JJJ from TASM universe since he never showed up in those films.

I don't think there was ever confirmation he was back. Hell, I think his cameo in FFH was totally secret too.

It would be cool to see him return as the Raimi-verse JJJ. Though if we see his MCU version from tge last film then I hope tgey expand on his character and he at least gets to interact with Tom Holland's Spider-man.

It would be cool to see him return as the Raimi-verse JJJ. Though if we see his MCU version from tge last film then I hope tgey expand on his character and he at least gets to interact with Tom Holland's Spider-man.
it really makes you wonder what they're gonna do with the other universe's JJJ too. Like...what if they are one in the same and he was wrong to trust his barber 10 years ago?

I wish they kept him with the toupee from the Raimi films so he had the classic JJJ haircut. That look is iconic. With him just having a bald head, he could be any other generic news conspiracy theorist now. It's sad that the Sony films will have the iconic look but not the MCU films.

I wish they kept him with the toupee from the Raimi films so he had the classic JJJ haircut. That look is iconic. With him just having a bald head, he could be any other generic news conspiracy theorist now. It's sad that the Sony films will have the iconic look but not the MCU films.
I think JK himself or one of the studios said they intentionally wanted to switch his look up. I'm not too sure though tbh it could have been random

Unpopular opinion: I wish they would’ve just recast Jonah with a different actor for the MCU. I didn’t like that they brought back J.K Simmons to play the MCU Jonah Jameson. I was eager to see what a new actor could’ve done with the role. I think the idea that you couldn’t get any actor to play the role is quite short-sighted as there are plenty of talented actors out there who could nail the role. Missed opportunity if you ask me. I wouldn’t mind if Simmons came back to play Raimi Jonah in a multiverse film, but I’m just not a fan of bringing back actors to play new versions of roles they played previously.

Unpopular opinion: I wish they would’ve just recast Jonah with a different actor for the MCU. I didn’t like that they brought back J.K Simmons to play the MCU Jonah Jameson. I was eager to see what a new actor could’ve done with the role. I think the idea that you couldn’t get any actor to play the role is quite short-sighted as there are plenty of talented actors out there who could nail the role. Missed opportunity if you ask me. I wouldn’t mind if Simmons came back to play Raimi Jonah in a multiverse film, but I’m just not a fan of bringing back actors to play new versions of roles they played previously.

I wanted a different actor for the part in the MCU too. I often felt Simmons was too caricaturish in the Raimi movies and he still seemed a bit of one at the end of FFH. I was hoping for someone to play it more similar to the animated series.

Simmons is likely to be playing a very different JJ in this film.

There is a figure of his mcu version, so it seems to confirm that iteration at least.

FFH made it abundantly clear that he would be playing a very Alex Jones-esque type of Jameson.

I hope they get time to develop his character beyond that tbh. He should be more than just a gag cameo and the crazed podcaster isn't a deep well to mine for jokes as some may think it is.

What I'd like to see them do is see them lean more into his obsession with Spider-man so it could maybe lay the seeds for him hiring Scorpion in a sequel.

They made aunt May a milf, I really don't think that JJJ will be anything more than Alex Jones parody.

Most characters in these films are there just to deliver jokes.

I wanted a different actor for the part in the MCU too. I often felt Simmons was too caricaturish in the Raimi movies and he still seemed a bit of one at the end of FFH. I was hoping for someone to play it more similar to the animated series.
Simmons being a caricature in those movies isn’t really his fault as that’s simply the way Raimi and the writers choose to characterize him. Simmons is an incredibly versatile actor so he could easily play a more grounded and nuanced version of the character if they written it that way.

And there’s no indication the MCU isn’t going to do better with the character as it’s clear that this version of Jonah isn’t going to be anything more than a Alex Jones caricature. He’s probably never going to even interact with Spider-Man in the MCU, especially now that he knows his real identity. Which means a lot of the fun dynamic between Jonah and Spidey from the classic comics will be gone. Regardless, I just wish we’d at least had gotten a different actor for the part just for the sake of differentiation.

And you know who would’ve been good alt-casting for MCU Jonah instead of simply rehashing Simmons? Bryan Cranston. He has comedic chops(see Malcom and The Middle and Seinfeld) in addition to being a great dramatic actor so he totally could nail the Rush Limbaugh/Alex Jones-esque take on the character.

Funny enough, now that I mention it, Cranston technically is in the MCU already as himself(he was in Wandavision as Hal In Malcom in The Middle) so he already presumably exists as an actor in the MCU.

lol J. K. Simmons portrayal was easily one of the best performances in the Raimiverse for me. It has to be over the top.
I hope he shows up more often - I like the actor very much

FFH made it abundantly clear that he would be playing a very Alex Jones-esque type of Jameson.

you got that out of 5s - respect.
Isn’t it the other way around? Alex Jones being a JJJ character, since JK portrayal is ariund for 19 years

lol I ain‘t a native speaker as well.
I was being ironic, pointing to that you can’t tell much about how his character changed in this, seeing him just for 5s.
The only Alex Jones connection you can draw, is that he‘s dropping news with a webchannel now...but this are doing others as well

Uh, I might be missing something here as a non-English person, but what the heck does this term mean? :funny:

Maybe he means 5 seconds but still won't write it like that even when asked?

aren‘t people outside Germany using s as an abbreviation for seconds as well? It is a SI unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"