• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jackie Chan/Jet Li Action Movie Close to done deal

i knew this was gonna happen...

...when they announced they were making a movie together, i thought to myself "it's too good to be true. it probably is....it's probably gonna be a crappy american production or something" and sure enough that's what happened. BS man...fully.

lets protest........ for at least a pg-13 rating...if not R:(

I'm waiting for a trailer or confirmation of the story from either actor/director before raising hell lol. I'm just praying this current rumor isn't true.

this movie will never work... you just can't top Jet Li's Fist of Legend... and you can't top Jackie Chan's rush hours... there is a reason why we haven't seen these two and its b/c they can't coexist... T.O couldn't coexist with Donovan Mcnabb to use a sports analogy... the movie can't work... and these guys' best days are well behind them...

they ruined what could have been a great movie if it's going to be aimed towards kids. I guess we will have to wait till we see a trailer before we judge it.

hitmanyr2k said:
I'm waiting for a trailer or confirmation of the story from either actor/director before raising hell lol. I'm just praying this current rumor isn't true.
dont you understand!.......by then its too late!:csad: :o :cmad:

Im not sure I like this :(
Li and Chan are so different.
And the difference is... I would never sleep with Chan but I would drop for Li in less than a second.:ninja: :heart: :ninja:

p.s. Its a Chan movie, of course its for kids. Thats why I didnt like the idea in the first place.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19515

Angarano Joins Chan and Li in J&J
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 23, 2007

jjcasting.jpg
Michael Angarano (Sky High, Lords of Dogtown) is in final negotiations to star alongside Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the untitled J&J project, says The Hollywood Reporter. Rob Minkoff is directing, while Casey Silver produces.

Angarano will play a troubled 17-year-old wannabe kung fu warrior who, after a humiliating defeat at the hands of a street gang, is sent back in time to ancient China on an impossible mission to set free the imprisoned Monkey King (Li) and return to him his all-powerful staff. John Fusco wrote the script.

The project is due to start filming in early May in China.

Ryan Kavanaugh and Raffaella De Laurentiis are executive producing. Relativity Media is financing.

god... the story sounds really stupid

that it does. i knew they were gonna muck this up...

Chan and Li should have made the movie in their native China and just release the movie in the States as a foreign film.

Jet li would kill jackie chan in a fight.

"and that all there is to it." -- Bubbles

Chan and Li should have made the movie in their native China and just release the movie in the States as a foreign film.

totally agreed...

...the world's been waiting decades for them to team up in a movie and when they do we're getting something ala Bulletproof Monk. not that i hate the movie, but if this movie resembles BM then it's not worthy of a J&J team up.

they should've gotten Yeun Woo Ping to help choreograph the fight and gone back to both Jackie and Jet's roots (ancient China) so that way both actors could retire from the action scene with a bang!

Oh God.
This is one of the most anticipated movies of all-time, and it is some b!tch ass kid's movie.

:whatever:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19515

Angarano Joins Chan and Li in J&J
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 23, 2007

jjcasting.jpg
Michael Angarano (Sky High, Lords of Dogtown) is in final negotiations to star alongside Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the untitled J&J project, says The Hollywood Reporter. Rob Minkoff is directing, while Casey Silver produces.

Angarano will play a troubled 17-year-old wannabe kung fu warrior who, after a humiliating defeat at the hands of a street gang, is sent back in time to ancient China on an impossible mission to set free the imprisoned Monkey King (Li) and return to him his all-powerful staff. John Fusco wrote the script.

The project is due to start filming in early May in China.

Ryan Kavanaugh and Raffaella De Laurentiis are executive producing. Relativity Media is financing.

WTF!?!?! This is what the movie is going to be about!?!? My God! A Chan And Li film would be great if done right....But THIS?!?!....THIS is just Horrendously hopelessly Horrible!!!

I was hopping for a Chan and Li rush hour, not another stupid Jackie Chan fantasy film.. I HATE CHAN FANTASY Films!!! Thats where i lost faith in him........

I'm hoping this project remains untitled...as in never realized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"