Sequels James Gunn: "Fox owns KANG"

tumblr_lfa851FKBS1qgsz39o1_400.gif

That's too bad. I was kinda hoping he'd be the main villain of the first post-Infinity War Avengers movie. :csad:

Even without Kang, Marvel still have Korvac, High Evolutionary, Count Nefaria, Namor, MODOK and Proctor.

Not sure if that's true. Kang's first appearance was in The Avengers #8 according to wiki.
That being said, if that's true it would be so frustrating considering Fox will probably never get round to using him. And if they do, they won't know what to do with him and totally ***k him up.

It's not always about first appearances. Kingpin first appeared in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man. He didn't really become a Daredevil villain until much later. Punisher also appeared in Spider-Man originally, but his rights were at Lionsgate/Artistan at first.

I think it's really just about how Marvel sold certain character licenses off. They probably sold certain groups together.

It might take a while, but hopefully Marvel gets all the characters back after a while.

Not sure if that's true. Kang's first appearance was in The Avengers #8 according to wiki.
That being said, if that's true it would be so frustrating considering Fox will probably never get round to using him. And if they do, they won't know what to do with him and totally ***k him up.

Kang is at Fox because Marvel didn't even consider an Avengers film series and sold the Avengers off one by one. Iron Man was at New Line, Spider-Man and Luke Cage were at Sony, Hulk was at Universal and Thor was at Paramount. Kang was bundled with the Fantastic Four because there was no way to do an Avengers film.

And yeah, Fox don't care about the Fantastic Four at all and it shows. Plus I care more about Fantastic Four villains in other Marvel properties like Doom vs Black Panther, Annihilus vs the Guardians and Kang vs Avengers than I do about another Fantastic Four film. When Fox can't even legally cross the FF over with the X-Men, I'm not sure if Fox would even want to do a sequel or another reboot since the FF universe would feel very small and isolated compared to the Avengers and X-Men shared universes. Plus, FF just uses up a release date that could go to something that carries a lot less risk.

Yeah. Just like how they sold Kingpin to Fox with Daredevil even though the character originated in the pages of Spider-Man.

Not anymore they don't ;)

I would definitely love to see kang after they do galactus. Great way to set up the young avengers

Kang can be in the next avengers movie no doubt. But how to justify his fixation on "mainstream MCU Earth" when he's from the 40th century, supposedly? Hmm.

Maybe it'll be a good way to reintroduce the main characters with new actors. I mean Kang goes back in time and fight the younger version. Right ?
It could work.

Everyone is coming back!

Fox doesn't own Kang now!

Fox owns bugger all now!

Man, I remember my old buddy here, lokidionysus who used to claim to have worked on a focus group, and had a lot of speculative info.

He was run off the board, and I used to communicate with him over email and pick his brain a bit. A lot of his speculation was off, and it differed but there were a few plot points that stayed consistent.

The things he told me between 2012-2014

Nebula and Ronan in GotG WAY before they were announced

Ultron is going to be the Villain in A2, or A3 and that part of his story is involved in an alternate future where he wins, and Scarlet Witch was connected to that (BEFORE Scarlet witch was announced for these movies...and we saw her vision)

He also said Ultron is at war in the future and is trying to change the past in AoU to win a war against Kang/Immortus, in order to stop Thanos ("and believe me, he's winding up" "I was a dream, but now I am awake").

He also was insisting that Fiege is going to get the rights back to the Fox characters, told me this in 2013. He was also insistent on Thanos using one of the gems to create a pocket universe, that there are two sets of infinity gems (which apparently is the case now) due to Thanos creating a pocket duplicate universe to accumulate all the gems, and then bringing that pocket universe into the main timeline. He also was adament about Immortus having a role in the end of this saga, and Kang being relevant when we get into the light and dark timelines of the MCU. A lot of this stuff that is tough to grasp, and probably isn't true.

But the things he told me back in 2012-2013 before any announcement that turned out to be true

Ronan and Nebula in gotg
Scarlet Witch having insight Ultron's story, before either character was announced to the MCU
MCU getting the rights back from Fox for those characters
Two Infinity Gauntlets
Surtur getting power from a star (we saw that muspelheim is a dyson sphere powered by a star)
possible two timelines in the MCU
Ant-man touching onto the more subatomic aspects of the MCU far before anything about ant-man came about
Stark's role in Ultron

things that havent come true yet

Ultron was a tech, world protective protocol created by Pym but failed. Stark completed it... OR Ultron from the future sent his AI back into another timeline (because he somehow has the time gem) and influences certain events in IM3 that allowed Stark to create Ultron so he can inevitably take over the earth, have the mind stone, and the time stone

Ultron's future war with Immortus/Kang for Time

Thanos' created universe

and The Infinity War story is literally a climatic story between Thanos, Immortus and Ultron.

That probably isn't true, but I think he knew SOME stuff

Sounds like one of the fake spoilers/synopsis that went around for the film that also said the REAL Mandarin would also be in Avengers 2.

Kang can be in the next avengers movie no doubt. But how to justify his fixation on "mainstream MCU Earth" when he's from the 40th century, supposedly? Hmm.
Yes, I'm sure they will use him in an Avengers movie after phase 3.

Marvel could always use Zarrko, the Tomorrow Man instead of Kang I suppose. Zarrko is another future time travelling dictator villain although nowhere near as popular as Kang

Fox can steak a claim to Kang because he was first introduced in the FF as Rama Tut a year before he was Kang in the Avengers - but what really gives him to Fox is when it was revealed in the '80's that Kang was related to Reed Richards in some convoluted fashion.

For me, the BIG mystery is how Fox had any claim to EGO - a traditional Thor villain - a claim that required some horse trading inorder for Marvel to use Ego in GoG2.

You know who would make an awesome Kang? Denis o’hare

I’ve been on these boards long enough that I remember suggesting Hugo weaving for the role!

The title of this thread soon needs to be "Fox doesn't own Kang."

Well...they do but Disney own them too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"