Jared Leto IS The Joker

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Jared Letto is being eyed for the Joker! so that means we will have a new Joker in Suicide Squad!
Jared Leto, who won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, has not officially signed on to his next project, but there's a chance it could be a big superhero film.

The actor may be under consideration for the role of the Joker in the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment project Suicide Squad, sources confirm to THR.
Warner Bros. and Leto's reps did not return THR's requests for comment, and this deal could be in the very early stages.
David Ayer is attached to direct the project. The Suicide Squad team, also known as Task Force X, was created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru and first appeared in Brave and the Bold No. 25. Its most recent iteration includes characters Deadshot, King Shark, Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn.
The DC property about convicted supervillains who are given a chance to redeem themselves through dangerous missions has been in the works for some time at Warner Bros., but it has really picked up steam in the past few months. The film is slated for release on Aug. 5, 2016.
After the Oscars, Leto spent time focusing on his music as the lead singer of Thirty Seconds to Mars while he looked for his next project. His name has come up in connection with Marvel's Doctor Strange, but, as with many of these high-profile superhero projects, many names circulate before the role is cast.
Leto spoke with THR on Nov. 6 and implied that he was finally zeroing on his next role.
"I do [have my eye on one project]. I am excited about what's happening," he told THR. "There are incredible opportunities and I'm very grateful for them. I'm looking forward to making films again now that the tour is wrapping up. It's going to be an exciting 2015."
However, he wouldn't reveal the project, saying he was "under lock and key."
"I've sworn to keep my mouth shut but I think that very shortly there will be something to talk about, that's for sure," he said.
jared-leto-the-joker-111848.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jared-leto-circling-joker-role-747552

Jared Leto, man. Jared Leto as The Joker. I would lovvvvve this casting if it happens.

This would be superb! Especially if Robbie is Harley :woot:

I'm going to go insane if we get Jared Leto as The Joker and we get Harley Quinn.

Grant Morrison Joker pls.

Just watched his appearance on CONAN and he talked about how he was in character the entire time they were shooting Dallas Buyers Club...

Doing the same with the Joker would not be safe.

tumblr_lkoqdtDmPy1qd4tv1.jpg

Last edited:
Will he be Joker for just SS movie ? I want to see him as Joker against Affleck's bats.

Jared Leto needs to go away.

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a much better answer.

I like Gyllenhaal well enough so I wouldn't be opposed to him playing The Joker. The idea of Leto as Joker excites me though.

After Nightcrawler Gyllenhaal would be my choice. Not my only choice, but I'd love it. Can't stand Leto. He is a good actor, but I can't his persona or his need to appeal to teen girls.

After Nightcrawler Gyllenhaal would be my choice. Not my only choice, but I'd love it. Can't stand Leto. He is a good actor, but I can't his persona or his need to appeal to teen girls.

I can understand that. I couldn't stand Tom Cruise for a while but I got over it eventually.

Jared Leto, man. Jared Leto as The Joker. I would lovvvvve this casting if it happens.

Yes! Leto as Joker with Ayer directing him and alongside Will Smith and Tom Hardy potentially? Plus with Harley involved?

WOW!:hubba

:huh: Ooookkaayy

Leto as The Joker would be great!!!

We already know all but officially that Cara Delevigne is playing Harley Quinn. Cara herself pretty much confirmed it in Instagram.

Odds are that Robbie is Vixen, Killer Frost, or Poison Ivy.

threw this together really quickly.....not that I support Leto in the role that is but still....

jared_leto_as_the_joker_by_josephcaw-d85nvp8.jpg

Wonder if Leto was one of the names Petersen was thinking about for his Joker in Batman vs Superman 11 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"