Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

I hope Arthur gets the purple suit in the Sequel and a new facepaint

I do wonder if they're going to keep his look the same as the first one or evolve it.

Since he’s “Joker” by the end of the movie, I wonder if he’ll even go by Arthur anymore and how much he’ll wear face paint if he’s locked up.

Given that we last see Arthur locked up and his face is clean of any makeup, I'd assume he doesn't wear any. Even if he were to steal some from a nurse, I'm sure the staff would make him wash it off.

Maybe they'll let him wear it due to him becoming unresponsive if and when they don't, with the plan of eventually weaning him off of the makeup somewhere down the line. Kinda like what they do with Two-Face in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, where they try to wean him off the coin by turning him onto dice and then tarot cards, etc. Probably won't be the case, but I don't think it's necessarily beyond the bounds of reason that we could see a decent amount of him with the makeup on, even despite him being incarcerated. And that's all assuming he's even still in Arkham for most of the film.

If he is though, I agree that it's more likely he'll be mostly makeup free again, with maybe one or two very pivotal scenes that involve him putting the makeup back on, much like the first film. I'd actually like to see him maintain the same look for the most part. The only thing I'd personally change is him wearing a tie and maybe a different shirt under that yellow waistcoat.

You bring up a good point, would people rather he spend the majority of the film in Arkham, in the vein of Once Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, or have him break out and be on the streets?

Oh goody, this conversation again.
I'm actually pissed off about this sequel because of what I'm going to have to listen to again. :D

But seriously, I'm pleased by this news, fascinating to speculate on where the story might go.

If they do HQ... whoever suggested Reese Witherspoon was the best/greatest option.

Just make it clear early on in the film that Arthur "sees" himself wearing the Joker makeup at all times, when it all actuality he isn't. It's a clever well of being able to have him look like Joker while incarcerated. As the audience we know it's in his mind.

Phillips will have to do something along those lines. You can't have an entire film without him in makeup, but you also can't have him in makeup while he's a patient in Arkham (the doctors wouldn't allow it).

Grace Randolph and ViewerAnon report that Harley Quinn will be in Joker 2 and it will not be Margot Robbie in the role. HQ will also be in Matt Reeves’ HBO max Arkham spin-off and will also be played by a new actress.

Kinda makes the idea of Nolan-era embargos seem quaint now, huh?

Grace Randolph and ViewerAnon report that Harley Quinn will be in Joker 2 and it will not be Margot Robbie in the role. HQ will also be in Matt Reeves’ HBO max Arkham spin-off and will also be played by a new actress.
Ehhhhh on Grace Randolph, but ViewerAnon has a mostly spotless track record on scoops so I'm usually inclined to believe him. Having two other live-action Harleys at roughly the same time plus counting Margot Robbie though... I don't know about that.

Yeah, having two new Harley Quinns so close to Robbie's, plus the animated one, seems like way too much.

My guess is Margot Robbie’s days as HQ are over.
If that's true I'm fine with it. I thought she was good in Suicide Squad (despite the movie), but not good enough for me to want to check out her other two appearances in movies that didn't interest me. I'm ready for another take.

Rumor around the campfire is it’ll be Lady Gaga as HQ in Joker 2.

I have a feeling if Harley does show up, they ditch the her being a former psychiatrist angle, and simple make her a fellow inmate/patient. Make her an already wingy character like Sandra Bernhard's character in The King of Comedy, a wacko foil to bounce off of Arthur.

In terms of casting, I'd go for an actress with a history of playing offbeat characters, Natasha Lyonne.

AAAAQbDJOPZWpf5CBDWQToA-w9pSUuEzmTwyH7JDcyMulYB1UOW8Ebiw3yJoQt1cTbl9i8PCd_jqmadD47lx4nYknkJfu8BwVRgPskRd54lJDqVvR4wKokLtRF7y1nB1qJviRsifTYO2NO0y_BJ8kBZjepJ-KDk.jpg

At 43, she'd be older than the typical fancasting, making her closer in age to Joaquin. And she has a big personality to balance with Joaquin's fairly awkward Arthur.

Just to be clear is ViewerAnon saying Harley will be in the Arkham show? Or is that a rumor from some other place?

Margot Robbie was fine but she's branched out as an Actress and if the DCEU rumors are true she may not even get to be Harley anymore, I'm not really broken up about it, I like her fine as an actress but Reeves and Todd could write her a lot deeper than she was in the main films (even though as Harley she didn't need that level of attention, Harleen could be a much more interesting approach)

This definitely will be a very twisted musical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"