• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

My understanding is that Zaslav wants to put an end to the multiverse. Wasn’t there a report recently that he just wants one version of each character moving forward?

Keoghan's safe. I suspect his Joker will never be the sole focus of a film. My bet is he's part of an ensemble.

My understanding is that Zaslav wants to put an end to the multiverse. Wasn’t there a report recently that he just wants one version of each character moving forward?

Where'd you read that? Same with him apparently wanting an end to the multiverse. Never heard anything remotely like that, not even some scooper's random speculation.

I was wondering what would draw Joaquin Phoenix back to even want to do a sequel.

This explains it lol

Yeah, people were predicting maybe the script was great, but this being a musical was probably what got Phoenix on board. Hell, it might have been something he demanded. Like, he knows the studio will pressure him to do a follow up, so he says "I'll do it if it's a musical, or something". And here we are!

As for Gaga, seeing how this is a musical (and presumably not one that is sung all the way through), she makes perfect sense to be in this. As for Phoenix, does he have any singing chops?

Although I’m not a fan of musicals, I can see this being the angle that made Phoenix even open to coming back. What doesn’t sit well with me is Gaga potentially being linked to this. She’s one of the most overrated actors working today, but makes total sense given Phillips executive produced A Star is Born.

Gaga was very good in A Star Is Born but absolute cringe in House of Gucci.

Don't know what we are gonna get here.

Gaga was very good in A Star Is Born but absolute cringe in House of Gucci.

Don't know what we are gonna get here.

Seemed like Gucci required some camp from her. At least a musical is in her wheelhouse.

I'm sure the answer will eventually be Yes, but what I want to know is whether Hildur Guðnadóttir will be back to score the sequel. As much as I love Joker, a big part of that is Guðnadóttir's haunting score.

But again, unless she's super busy and has other commitments, I have no reason to believe she wouldn't return.

Do you guys think they'll put some popular old songs in it or should it all be original music?

I keep thinking of a scene like Singing in the rain from Clockwork orange as a reference!
The mix of violence and music could really be disturbing.

Folie à deux may also be the main song of the film!

Last edited:
So, wow!
Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn.

I haven't seen her act , but I'll give her a chance.

I'm also down for a musical sequel as well.

Just to be clear is ViewerAnon saying Harley will be in the Arkham show? Or is that a rumor from some other place?
Grace Randolph brought it up. ViewerAnon was just corroborating the Harley in Joker 2 news.

Well... there we go. Gaga as Harley confirmed and this being a musical. An unorthodox approach, but I'm very interested to see what Todd Phillips comes up with.

I love how people who are like “comic movies all are unique and different genres bro” are the ones who have a strong reaction against this. A comic book movie that is actually gonna be a different genre.

Lady Gaga as Harley and possibility that the sequel may even be a musical?

curiosity-curious.gif

Welp, as someone who was skeptical about this, I am very intrigued lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"