• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/Aug FAN ART Contest - ENTER HERE

Here's my entry, hope you like it :yay::

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

A few notes: I based this initially on the pose from the Alex Ross cover (I went for a space background rather than clouds), and like a few I have done before of this type of pic, it's a blend of photo manipulation and 'wacom painting'.

For the costume design I wanted to stay close to the comics look, but decided against the classic white gloves as they just seem remarkably impractical.

Very cool. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this for the real movie poster.

Soooo...it's just a prelim, it has some anatomical issues and I'm rusty...but here's a start:)

3865376668_cc0b6d9df4_o.jpg

Very nice, Very cool style and executed well. Only thing that doesn't sell is the leg closest to us. It's far too long as both knees should be level at this perspective and posture. But overall very bold i like it.

I couldn't agree more! Plus it's not like I can't fix it...I was just squeezing in a sketch while at work to try and motivate myself to do a nice piece for this contest.

Soooo...it's just a prelim, it has some anatomical issues and I'm rusty...but here's a start:)

3865376668_cc0b6d9df4_o.jpg

i wonder how ryan renolds would look portraying the alan scott gl?

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

A few notes: I based this initially on the pose from the Alex Ross cover (I went for a space background rather than clouds), and like a few I have done before of this type of pic, it's a blend of photo manipulation and 'wacom painting'.

For the costume design I wanted to stay close to the comics look, but decided against the classic white gloves as they just seem remarkably impractical.

bravo!

Wobbly, once again, impressive.

@jrs2345--So glad to see Alan Scott get some love.

great stuff wobbly not seen your art for a while - got my vote bro

nice work wobbly, I love your Green Lantern.

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

Dude, that is...AWESOME!

wow, some great entries sure came out this contest, especially you old blasts from the pasts

nice to see wobbly and jrs again :up:

THANKS! I'm trying to set aside some time to do the final piece...I'm great at waiting until the last minute, LOL.

Nice Jeremy...maybe I should read the rules next time and see the deadline was for the 28th! Oh well, I'm still gonna do a final piece. There were some great entries though and those manips are getting better and better.

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

A few notes: I based this initially on the pose from the Alex Ross cover (I went for a space background rather than clouds), and like a few I have done before of this type of pic, it's a blend of photo manipulation and 'wacom painting

pose mostly reminds me of Spiderman (left leg body & arm)
Best so far :up::up::up:

Many thanks for the compliments, I'm very happy you like the pic :yay:

pose mostly reminds me of Spiderman (left leg body & arm)
Best so far :up::up::up:

The base I worked with initially was this Alex Ross cover:

GLantern_Ross.jpg

I re-drew the figure outline over the top of that changing the outstretched right hand to a fist and the left arm to the more familiar 'hero' pose of a clenched fist with the arm held at an angle, but you are spot-on with the left leg: That was manipped directly from the Spider-man poster used for SM2.

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

So freaking awesome this is truly amazing! This will be on websites and magazines as official leaked art in about a week:up:

MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

Now THIS makes a Green Lantern Movie a reality to me!!! Awesome work! WB should just buy this off of you now.

Uhm didn't the contest go Bi-monthly?

When is this over??

i dunno, i havent seen the mod for some time

i dunno, i havent seen the mod for some time

Probably because hardly anyone ever participates in voting. Out of the thousands of members their might be 30 votes.

If I were the mod, that would not motivate me to move very quickly on it.

well if he doesn't show up soon, one of us can put up a poll. I am sure he will not mind us helping him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"