Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous | Netflix

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
'Jurassic World' Animated Series Set at Netflix

The streamer is teaming with DreamWorks Animation for a new series set in the Jurassic World universe. Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous will be set within the timeline of the 2015 feature film and will debut in 2020.

The new series follows a group of six teens as they experience life at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers wind up stranded and are forced to work together to survive.

D8OiSyuU0AIqf3e.jpg

There was going to be a Jurassic Park animated series in the mid 90s. Glad to see the idea came back around.

Yeah I remembering hearing about that too. An animated Jurassic Park series can be so much damn fun if done right. I will definitely check this out.

Not sure about the focus on kids/teenagers to make it a kids cartoon but I am intrigued

As long as the dinos bring it, then I’m good.

Animation Production Continues Remotely as Pandemic Halts Hollywood – Variety

Scott Kreamer, the co-showrunner of DreamWorks Animation’s “Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous,” says his team has been doing what it can to keep everyone connected. That has included a surprise videoconference baby shower for an animation director and the occasional Friday-night quarantine bingo — with cocktails.

“My favorite part about being in animation is being a part of a team, and it’s harder now that we’re all kind of separate,” Kreamer says. “But we’re doing what we can to sort of still keep our team and our family together.”

This is suppose to be be canon, right?

Not exactly sure why it matters.

I think it does, and it also seems to take place during the events of JW.

Looks better than I thought it would.

eeh... I would‘ve preferred a 2D animated series.
I‘ve never liked 3D-animation outside Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks projects. It looks good, when it looks like a cartoon setting. That‘s why I never warmed up with Clone Wars

Doesn't look too bad, but I'm a bit confused when it's supposed to be set...

Has nobody else binged this yet? Thought it was entertaining enough myself, and if they don't do a second season I'll be surprised.

It does tie in to the first JW film which was quite clever, however (and this is my only nitpick of the entire CC show); the I-Rex doesn't kill the Carno? Considering it's nature and the fact it left a path of bodies and destruction in its wake, that little scene didn't quite add up for me.

I finally got around to watching today and honestly I loved it. Yeah its aimed at a younger audience, but there were surprisingly quite a few intense moments with the dinos and while there isn't really any on screen violence you definitely get the point that people are getting eaten.

I really liked how they tied it in with the events of the first JW and I'm guessing they'll do the same with FK for the next season. I'd definitely watch more seasons of this show and we somehow get a more adult JP Netflix show with this level of quality than I'd be a very happy fan.

I checked out the first episode as a big a Jurassic Park series fan. It’s alright. If I was 12, I’d be ecstatic! Not a fan of the animation. Kind of wish it had been just a live-action series - but it would be way too expensive.

I liked it watched all of season one in one sitting it makes me wanna re watch JW (which is never a bad thing in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"