Justice Society of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eyes look a bit funny all over that page, but otherwise it's Kolins being Kolins, which is awesome. :up:

Wait a minute? Scott Kolins doing something without Geoff Johns. I'm utterly flabbergasted.

No. Marc Guggenheim is taking over.

I might pick up the first issue and see what I think
icon14.gif

I'll wait and maybe give it a try if everyone on here seems to like it. I can't really say I'm too interested if the JSA is going to continue being a sprawling mass of losers I don't give a s*** about, like Wildcat's emo kid or that redheaded Kingdom Come crossover. I don't even remember their names now. :o

I'll wait and maybe give it a try if everyone on here seems to like it. I can't really say I'm too interested if the JSA is going to continue being a sprawling mass of losers I don't give a s*** about, like Wildcat's emo kid or that redheaded Kingdom Come crossover. I don't even remember their names now. :o

The title has been pretty poor ever since it was relaunched

Guggenheim is reducing the roster to Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Ted Grant, new Dr. Fate, Mr. Terrific, and Lightning. He'll be building it up to develop a society of superheroes. Hopefully ones that we'll care about because I don't give two ****s about Cyclone, King Chimera, Citizen Steel, etc.

Also, Wildcat's kid (Tom Bronson) left the book a while ago to JSA All-Stars along with Stargirl, Power Girl, Hourman, Citizen Steel, Sandman, Judomaster, King Chimera, Damage (who's dead now), Atom Smasher, and Magog (who was kicked off the team for being too much of a *****e).

Shame about Hourman and Sandman. I would've preferred to see them stay with the proper JSA. But if the roster is being scaled back down and Kolins is coming aboard, I'll give Guggenheim's run a try.

Is this new Dr. Fate the same guy who randomly happened to have the same name as the original Dr. Fate? The homeless, drunk guy?

Shame about Hourman and Sandman. I would've preferred to see them stay with the proper JSA. But if the roster is being scaled back down and Kolins is coming aboard, I'll give Guggenheim's run a try.
I'm sure that once JSA All Stars is canceled, they'll put them on Justice Society of America. Guggenheim is saying that he will expand the roster back into the big tent like Johns did on JSA.

That said, I do hope that Guggenheim brings back Hawkman, Hippolyta (and undo DiDio's ******ed comments about retconning her out of the Society), and the original Kent Nelson.

I preferred Hector Hall as Dr. Fate, but with the Lords of Chaos and Order gone, I guess all of his significance as Dr. Fate is gone, too. Doesn't really matter to me who Dr. Fate is now. I kind of like the idea of a drunk, homeless guy as the most powerful sorcerer on Earth, though.

Also, Hawkman can burn in Hell. Alan and Jay should always be co-leaders of the JSA.

I preferred Hector Hall as Dr. Fate, but with the Lords of Chaos and Order gone, I guess all of his significance as Dr. Fate is gone, too. Doesn't really matter to me who Dr. Fate is now. I kind of like the idea of a drunk, homeless guy as the most powerful sorcerer on Earth, though.
I think that with an ancestor of Kent Nelson in the helm, it's the perfect opportunity to bring back Kent, especially since this Kent really doesn't know what he's doing.

Also, Hawkman can burn in Hell. Alan and Jay should always be co-leaders of the JSA.
Hawkman should never be the leader, but I like to see him as the person who is the link between the JSA and the JLA.

I'll take Black Canary in that role. I can stand her. Even the walking, talking breasts Power Girl would be better.

I'm not particularly attached to the Golden Age Kent, either. But again, I don't give a s*** about Dr. Fate anymore, so it doesn't really matter to me who's behind the helm.

Kent was one of my favorites in the Justice League cartoon, along with Vic Sage, Aquaman, and Green Arrow :(

I'll take Black Canary in that role. I can stand her. Even the walking, talking breasts Power Girl would be better.

Power Girl is fabuous but she is off in JSA All Stars right now

hippie_hunter said:
Kent was one of my favorites in the Justice League cartoon, along with Vic Sage, Aquaman, and Green Arrow :(

He was really cool in the episodes where he co-starred with Aquaman

Meh, the cartoons are their own thing. I don't even know if the comics' Kent was anything like that version, especially since that version was clearly intended to simply be a Dr. Strange stand-in for the cartoon's would-be Defenders team.

I'll take Black Canary in that role. I can stand her. Even the walking, talking breasts Power Girl would be better
Power Girl really doesn't belong in the JLA like she does with the JSA, JLI, and Infinity, Inc.

Black Canary on the other hand, between the various teams she's been on, I would choose the JLA and Birds of Prey. It would be too much for her to be on a third team.

Hawkman on the other hand was a founding member of the JSA having a much stronger tie to the team like Jay Garrick, Ted Grant, and Alan Scott do and I personally consider him to be a part of what I like to call the Little 8.

Power Girl really doesn't belong in the JLA like she does with the JSA, JLI, and Infinity, Inc.

Black Canary on the other hand, between the various teams she's been on, I would choose the JLA and Birds of Prey. It would be too much for her to be on a third team.

Hawkman on the other hand was a founding member of the JSA having a much stronger tie to the team like Jay Garrick, Ted Grant, and Alan Scott do and I personally consider him to be a part of what I like to call the Little 8.
Yeah, I don't agree with any of that. Especially Power Girl. The JLI is the JLA, or at least it's as much a subset as any other version; any distinction beyond the title is purely arbitrary. When the full team is called together, the JLI are considered one of the "main" rosters right alongside the Satellite League (a.k.a. the one Hawkman's on), the Detroit League, the Big Seven, et al.

Yeah, I don't agree with any of that. Especially Power Girl. The JLI is the JLA, or at least it's as much a subset as any other version; any distinction beyond the title is purely arbitrary. When the full team is called together, the JLI are considered one of the "main" rosters right alongside the Satellite League (a.k.a. the one Hawkman's on), the Detroit League, the Big Seven, et al.
The JLI is some bizarro League that doesn't suck. In terms of tone, roster, stories, splitting the League, etc. it feels like a completely different team than that of the regular JLA.

And even now, DC treats it as a separate team as in here's the JLA (The Big 7 plus others) and the JLI (Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Captain Atom, Rocket Red, Power Girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"