Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Keeping Production Costs Down

WilliamK99

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am curious is there a chance Marvel will leverage their movie division in order to maximize the budget of the television show? By that I mean, using sets created for their motion pictures and / or have some special effects shots created by the team working on a movie...

Just curious if logistically this would be feasible as IMO the biggest challenge for this show to be a success is keeping the costs down while at the same time having good action and special effects.

-Minimize the use of energy weapons & attacks, as well as holograms & displays
-Shoot on location.
-Minimize aliens, mutations, and other types of species/characters whose makeup would cause the cost to skyrocket.
-Minimize explosions.
-Use practical & in-camera effects.
-Have a simple title sequence ( a la Bates Motel.)

If they do it right, they can operate within the budget of a show such as Person of Interest, which has plenty of knife, gun, and fist-fights, in addition to car and foot chases.

I'm sure they won't have any trouble finding extras who will work for free!

Not all costumed adventurers have super powers as such. If they utilise more of these, then they can simply have a battle using a variety of martial arts and weaponry skills. It could be like Deathstroke, the Dark Archer and the Hood on Arrow. Deathstroke wears a full mask (well at least the imposter did).

I just hope it won't be a case of no flights, no tights in this show (like Smallville) or no super powers (like Arrow). Of course, we've already seen some powers, but they could end up minimalising it to keep costs down, which wouldn't be good.

They might try for some spy on spy action for a arc or 2. Think Alias with all the Rambaldi stuff in the background in early Alias.

Hi all,
I am curious is there a chance Marvel will leverage their movie division in order to maximize the budget of the television show? By that I mean, using sets created for their motion pictures and / or have some special effects shots created by the team working on a movie...

Just curious if logistically this would be feasible as IMO the biggest challenge for this show to be a success is keeping the costs down while at the same time having good action and special effects.

You think Marvel alone is footing the bill for this thing? I would bet it's a Marvel/ABC joint venture (both Disney companies). But I don't know...I'd be surprised if it's not one of the most expensive shows on network television.

The production companies are Marvel Television and ABC(formerly called Touchstone) Studios I think.

They might try for some spy on spy action for a arc or 2. Think Alias with all the Rambaldi stuff in the background in early Alias.

How about spy vs Spymaster?

I do hope for some costumes for the villains. I always found these villains on Smallville watered down with some name just slapped on what would otherwise just be a generic villain on another sci-fi show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"