The Rise of Skywalker Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico (IX)

1) Kelly Marie Tran was treated like absolute **** by a certain group of fans, and I am wholly sympathetic to her in that regard.
2) I have zero - I repeat, zero - interest in a Rose Tico show.
Exactly same here.

So are the people LIKE YOU that only focus on an incident with no proof but say nothing about the other incidents with proof with the OTHER side of the fandom

Are you the one who edited her Wookieepedia page to include racist insults?

I can't believe you're actually saying it never happened. It's baffling.

Are you the one who edited her Wookieepedia page to include racist insults?

I can't believe you're actually saying it never happened. It's baffling.

Again if Im bad for simply question an incident with visible proof so are you (also your worse) for not caring about the clear visible harassment Mark & Anthony received WITH PROOF. No side of the fandom is better than the other

Two wrongs dont make a right. Why is it cool to ignore & not care about the harassment two white guys got over their own opinions ? Because it was the side of the fandom YOU ARE ON that harassed them is that it ? Do you not like that fact so you sweep it under the rug ?

Interesting hill to die on, fam.

Everyone knows Kelly Marie Tran got harassed off social media, that's not some big secret because disingenuous users like you and Travesty try to pretend you've never heard of any of this.

Why do people only mention the Kelly Marie Tran thing when theres also no real evidence of it happening as thered be screen caps & the like.

Super weird, I just googled "Kelly marie Tran harassment" and immediately found some screenshots. I'd post them but there's some racial slurs that break the hypes rules.

Whether you want to admit it or not, it definitely happened.

I just googled "Kelly marie Trans harassment" and immediately found some screenshots. I'd post them but there's some racial slurs that might break the hypes rules.

It's obviously out there whether you want to admit it or not.

Ah deflecting from my comments / question about the other side of the fandom doing their own harassing & that being ignored. Tells me all I gotta know

Ah deflecting from my comments / question about the other side of the fandom doing their own harassing & that being ignored. Tells me all I gotta know
How on earth is Flint "deflecting" when in your past several posts part of your whole schtick is that there's "no proof" of KMT's harassment?!?

In case you've forgotten (bolding by me - and yes, your longer posts I did nix the beginning merely for length issues):
Why do people only mention the Kelly Marie Tran thing when theres also no real evidence of it happening as thered be screen caps & the like. While Mark Hamill kept the tweet up & theres Youtube videos archiving the Anthony Daniel reaction comments made on Twitter. Yet no evidence backing up what actually happened with Kelly Marie Tran. I love how people only act like ONE part of the Star Wars fandom is toxic when theres examples of the ENTIRE fandom being just as toxic as the other. Yet people only seem to focus on the supposed Kelly Marie Tran thing for the narrative they wanna run with
That can easily be MEDIA SPIN trying to take attention away from the negative attention The Last Jedi was getting & Kelly playing along. There is still no actual proof of anything what has been said taking place. The media = Disneys *****es they will say anything & report Disney demands

Seriously poor comment

There is no real evidence that the KMT happened & Im standing by this
So are the people LIKE YOU that only focus on an incident with no proof but say nothing about the other incidents with proof with the OTHER side of the fandom

It's those aspects of your posts that Flint was addressing.

How on earth is Flint "deflecting"

Because it sounds like some harassment is okay based on the side of the fandom thats doing it. When people bring up the KMT stuff they never bring up the other cast members that got harassed by the other side of the fandom. It does come across as some harassment is okay based on whos doing it & whos getting the end of it

Because it sounds like some harassment is okay based on the side of the fandom thats doing it. When people bring up the KMT stuff they never bring up the other cast members that got harassed by the other side of the fandom. It does come across as harassment is okay based on whos doing it
1. This is a Kelly Marie Tran Thread. Why would I be talking about Mark Hamill in here?
2. Harassment is not OK in any form, but let's not pretend that there aren't varying degrees of severity. Hamill getting ripped for tweeting an "Alt Right" pic is hardly comparable to people making dehumanizing, racist remarks towards Tran just because she had the audacity to play a character in a movie that they didn't like.

1. This is a Kelly Marie Tran Thread. Why would I be talking about Mark Hamill in here?
2. Harassment is not OK in any form, but let's not pretend that there aren't varying degrees of severity. Hamill getting ripped for tweeting an "Alt Right" pic is hardly comparable to people making dehumanizing, racist remarks towards Tran just because she had the audacity to play a character in a movie that they didn't like.

He tweeted a picture of the og characters in the Falcon together (something real fans wanted to see in this trilogy). Regardless of who made it that warranted harassment ?

He tweeted a fan photoshopped picture of the og characters in the Falcon together. That warranted dehumanizing, racist remarks towards Mark & yes he got this & death threats as well just because he had the audacity to tweet a picture of something he & the original fan base wanted to see ?

Are you also saying Star Wars is not for everyone ? It shouldnt matter what side of the political aisle your on to be a Star Wars fan. I think anyway

Are you saying only the Left can be Star Wars fans now ?

He tweeted a fan photoshopped picture of the og characters in the Falcon together. That warranted dehumanizing, racist remarks towards Mark & yes he got this & death threats as well just because he had the audacity to tweet a picture of something he & the original fan base wanted to see ?

Not sure who you’re arguing against but it doesn’t appear to be anyone in this thread.

You came to the Kelly Marie Tran thread trying to claim she was never harassed when there’s an abundance of evidence that she was. Whatever weird point you’re trying to make isn’t helped by you lying.

Are you also saying Star Wars is not for everyone ? It shouldnt matter what side of the political aisle your on to be a Star Wars fan. I think anyway

Are you saying only the Left can be Star Wars fans now ?

Oh please.

Whatever weird point you’re trying to make isn’t helped by you lying.

My point has clearly been made. Some harassment is okay as long as its not against anyone of color. How am I lying ? Boom & co just pretty much confirmed said it

He tweeted a picture of the og characters in the Falcon together (something real fans wanted to see in this trilogy). Regardless of who made it that warranted harassment ?
I repeat:
Boom said:
Harassment is not OK in any form, but let's not pretend that there aren't varying degrees of severity.
And yes, racism is a deeply personal offense that white Americans simply do not share similar perspective on.

Fans have every right to not like Rose Tico or Kelly Marie Tran's performance. But it should be critiqued on those merits and that's it. The way people harassed her on social media was wrong.

JJ Abrams didn't create Rose Tico and had no stakes or vested interest in her. That much was clear from Rise of Skywalker. Not surprising he and Chris Terrio didn't invest more screentime in her character.

I think Johnson could've done more with the Rose character but the First Order mission sort of undercut her abilities and din't even really let her do what she was there to do.

And let's be honest, did anyone walk out of Last Jedi wanting to see a Finn/Rose romance?

Fans have every right to not like Rose Tico or Kelly Marie Tran's performance. But it should be critiqued on those merits and that's it. The way people harassed her on social media was wrong.

JJ Abrams didn't create Rose Tico and had no stakes or vested interest in her. That much was clear from Rise of Skywalker. Not surprising he and Chris Terrio didn't invest more screentime in her character.

I think Johnson could've done more with the Rose character but the First Order mission sort of undercut her abilities and din't even really let her do what she was there to do.

And let's be honest, did anyone walk out of Last Jedi wanting to see a Finn/Rose romance?

And that is a great example of this film's biggest problem. This is supposed to be a trilogy. Not a duology of JJ playing with his own toys for 4 hours.

Rose could have went with Finn and Poe to meet the mole. Instead he has them go with some random alien technician that is never seen again. She could have went with Rey on her mission. The Falcon is big and including her wouldnt have robbed Poe and Finn of any crucial development or harmed their bromance. JJ could have had Rey and Rose become friends and given Rey a girl her own age to confide in. Rose could have been used as a gunner on the Falcon or a mechanic while Chewie was copiloting.

Instead of having her stay behind like some no name dispatcher.

Realistically, the movie already has so much to cram in, and so many characters to service-- Rey, Finn and Poe (including establishing and revelling as much as possible in their group dynamic for the first time) Kylo, Palpatine, Luke and Leia... Rose just was never going to be a big priority.

Fourth wheeling her into those scenes just for the sake of it would have just taken away time from the others and their various dynamics, the ones we actually want to see.

And having her replace the slug guy on the Falcon or being a gunner... what is that, about 20 extra seconds of meaningless screen time?

Going down the list of priorities the movie had (and collapsed under the weight of)... Rose is waaaay down the list.

And that is a great example of this film's biggest problem. This is supposed to be a trilogy. Not a duology of JJ playing with his own toys for 4 hours.

Rose could have went with Finn and Poe to meet the mole. Instead he has them go with some random alien technician that is never seen again. She could have went with Rey on her mission. The Falcon is big and including her wouldnt have robbed Poe and Finn of any crucial development or harmed their bromance. JJ could have had Rey and Rose become friends and given Rey a girl her own age to confide in. Rose could have been used as a gunner on the Falcon or a mechanic while Chewie was copiloting.

Instead of having her stay behind like some no name dispatcher.

I think it's an example of one of the trilogy's biggest problems. They didn't have an overall story to tell so JJ and Rian just came in with clearly different desires of what to do. You can tell how Rian messed up set ups from TFA in how JJ reverted them back in ROS, and you can equally tell how ROS didn't care about some things TLJ set up.

As for Rose, ROS was way overstuffed as it was and TLJ certainly didn't do the character any favors (to no fault of the actress though) so all but removing her is actually one of the decisions I can fully see the point of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"