• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Kid's Comic Book Reviews

AndrewGol

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey gang. I just wanted to make you aware of a site that my son started (I do the tech, he picks the books and reviews them). He started it a few weeks ago and he's been really excited by all of the response to it so far.

Basically he treks along to the comic store with me and picks books he wants to read (anything that I already don't have) we read them together and he reviews them. There are about 12 reviews up right now with a mix of Marvel and DC and a couple of others.

If you're interested in reading about what a 7 year old has to say about current comic books, check out the site. If you like it, leave a comment or two and be sure to pass the site along.

Thanks for checking it out.

http://kidscomicbooks.blogspot.com/

Hey

There are some really nice reviews there.

The 'New ways to die" review was good, and a complete contrast to the Spider-man fanboy reviews I've read. Not sure on what demographic Marvel is hoping its new and future spider-man readers will be, but it's interesting to see which elements of BND are appealing to a 7 year old reader.

Hey

There are some really nice reviews there.

The 'New ways to die" review was good, and a complete contrast to the Spider-man fanboy reviews I've read. Not sure on what demographic Marvel is hoping its new and future spider-man readers will be, but it's interesting to see which elements of BND are appealing to a 7 year old reader.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed his reviews. I'm always in awe of: A) What he picks out and B) What appeals to him about a particular book.

Hey your kids really good at this. Its nice to see what the next generation's reading. I'd help him use sentences that don't start with "I like", but your kid has a future at this. It's good that your helping him. :D

Yea Puma's awesome.;)

Hey your kids really good at this. Its nice to see what the next generation's reading. I'd help him use sentences that don't start with "I like", but your kid has a future at this. It's good that your helping him. :D

Yea Puma's awesome.;)

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to touch up his reviews and coerce him into phrasing things differently but then initially when I was typing it up it felt more like I was writing the review than him. So I've been just going about different ways to get him to comment on things in everyday life using different words. Hopefully, as he starts feeling more confortable with certain words there will be a slow, natural progression to the way he writes.

And he can't wait for comic day tomorrow.

Good for you man. It's always great when a new kid is excited for Comic Book Wednesday.

Good for you man. It's always great when a new kid is excited for Comic Book Wednesday.

It's a pretty big list this week, too. Between the books I'm getting and the ones he wants to check out its gonna put a hefty dent in the wallet.

I think a new Bought/Thought'er in the making here.

It's a pretty big list this week, too. Between the books I'm getting and the ones he wants to check out its gonna put a hefty dent in the wallet.
Yea prices are bad now. That's why its so odd seeing kids in a comic shop.

Yea prices are bad now. That's why its so odd seeing kids in a comic shop.

They've been coming with me to the shops for years. Once in awhile they would find something they thought looked cool (usually a Simpsons comic or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book). Occassionally they would find something in my stack and ask to read it but since he started with the reviews he's been going for himself as much as accompanying me. It's fun.

And dick jokes. Don't forget the dick jokes.

You're kid has some talent in the making.

Tell him to keep it up. :up:

Tell your son those were some great reviews. :up:

It's nice to know there is another Venom fan in the world. :)

It also seems to show that there ARE actual kids who read comics, but they usually may have to be "legacy" fans. That is, fans of parents who were (or are) fans themselves.

Hey, that's how I got started. ;)

It also should give pause to how easily the big two can abandon the "older fans" for the ever elusive new breed. The older fans may be the GATEKEEPERS of any "new breed" fans. Considering these franchises are generations old, it makes perfect sense.

It's a integral part of every thread here on the hype.

Lets hope he grows out of that.

But the kid likes Nova, so he's alright. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"