The advantages of doing comic reviews

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
I just started a new hobby of doing comic reviews for comicsbulletin.com

It doesn't pay anything, but the cool thing is I get to read the comics in advance and for free! (they email me them in digital form)

It's pretty sweet. I just read New Avengers 50 and Mighty Avengers (22 I think it was?) even they aren't out til Wednesday.

If you want to read my review of Warmachine #3 it should be up on the sight by Monday. I had been hoping to get to officially review the Avengers issues or Ultimate Spider-Man (them being my favorite series) but alas they were assigned to someone else. Warmachine ain't a bad assignment to get though.

Here's the couple reviews I've done so far if you want to give 'em a read :)

This is for issue 1 of a series from a small studio. The series is called Supremacy. http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/123454774880183.htm

This is for Hexed #2
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/123450064310628.htm

how was war machine #3?i'm a bit on the fence about the series still

Uh, I'm kinda torn on it myself. I really like the art. If you can put your mind in neutral and sit through it it's pretty good. But, I'm not good at that myself.

I find War Machine's powers kinda ridiculous. he can apparently shoot apart a jet, and then, magnetically pull parts of the jet right out of the explosion and assemble them into a rocket pack and weapons for himself. That's pretty dumb.

To be more specific about some of the bigger problems:

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
In this issue War Machine resolves Glenda's traumatic multi-rape experience by, essentially, handing her a gun and pointing her at the guy responsible. How heroic is that to do to a woman who's just gone through all that? I mean, I know this isn't the real world, but that was still pretty bad to me.

I gave it a 3/5 altogether. I hope further issues get better.

Last edited:
Not surprising. I don't know if it was Pak's idea or if he was handed a mandate, but War Machine's new series seems to be all about killing things as the solution to every problem. I resolved to quit reading it after the first issue, but I like Ares and I thought maybe there might be some overall character arc that Rhodey's going through with all this murder and mayhem, so I'm finishing out the first arc. By all indications, though, WM seems to be very much a comic for people who equate gritty realism with heroism, of whom I am not one.

Congrats on the job. :up:

That's pretty cool. Now if only I had a way of being paid for my weekly wordy tripe. Oh, well.

Congrats!

If they paid you by the letter, you'd be a millionaire by Thursday morning.

True, although most places pay by the line, I think.

That might be a challenge to get rich off of, even for you. But you could make a very comfortable living if you type in big font. :up:

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
In this issue War Machine resolves Glenda's traumatic multi-rape experience by, essentially, handing her a gun and pointing her at the guy responsible. How heroic is that to do to a woman who's just gone through all that? I mean, I know this isn't the real world, but that was still pretty bad to me.

I gave it a 3/5 altogether. I hope further issues get better.

See, I think that's pretty cool. It's a Punisher-esque thing to do w/o the actual annoying Punisher.

The book does need to get a lot better though. I had such high hopes.

I just started a new hobby of doing comic reviews for comicsbulletin.com

It doesn't pay anything, but the cool thing is I get to read the comics in advance and for free! (they email me them in digital form)

It's pretty sweet. I just read New Avengers 50 and Mighty Avengers (22 I think it was?) even they aren't out til Wednesday.

If you want to read my review of Warmachine #3 it should be up on the sight by Monday. I had been hoping to get to officially review the Avengers issues or Ultimate Spider-Man (them being my favorite series) but alas they were assigned to someone else. Warmachine ain't a bad assignment to get though.

Here's the couple reviews I've done so far if you want to give 'em a read :)

This is for issue 1 of a series from a small studio. The series is called Supremacy. http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/123454774880183.htm

This is for Hexed #2
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/123450064310628.htm

Um how can I start doing this:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"