Kid's Comic Book Reviews

I'm sure i'll see it eventually....but it will be entirely by accident.

3 More Reviews posted: Tiny Titans, Marvel Apes and Amazing Spider-Man.

One he didn't want to read and loved. Another he couldn't wait to read and was disappointed. And the other was jussst right.

http://kidscomicbooks.blogspot.com/

Good reviews.

Yes, having Deathstroke as the priciple would suck.

Also, you need to educate him in the fact that Menace is a horrible villian.

Otherwise three more good reviews.

Good reviews.

Yes, having Deathstroke as the priciple would suck.

Also, you need to educate him in the fact that Menace is a horrible villian.

Otherwise three more good reviews.

Heh. Thanks. Like the symbiotes, I think he's of the opinion that any goblin is a good goblin.

Sometimes I swear I do have Deathstroke as a principle.....no Deathstroke probably would treat everyone equally.

And yes, you CAN'T lie to Batman. He will kick your butt.

Guys, guys, guys: it's principal, as in the students' best pal on campus. :)

It's Monday, so that means a few more reviews.

This time out he reviews two comics he's never read before: Green Lantern Corps and Invincible Iron Man and one comic he's never heard of before: Atomic Robo.

http://kidscomicbooks.blogspot.com/

Atomic Robo is awesome. One of my favorite books by far. I HIGHLY recommend the last series (now in trade) if he liked that issue.

Atomic Robo is awesome. One of my favorite books by far. I HIGHLY recommend the last series (now in trade) if he liked that issue.

He really liked it. I think we will go look for the trade. Good idea.

:D Yea its ridiculously good, I actually laughed out loud a couple times. Its a good all ages book which is so rare for an indie anymore.

:D Yea its ridiculously good, I actually laughed out loud a couple times. Its a good all ages book which is so rare for an indie anymore.

It's rare for a lot of books. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a hell of a lot of books that the Big Two are putting out now. I probably read more books now than at any point of my life. But looking back, it seems like its much harder for kids to break into a series now than back in the 70s or 80s when I was reading. And then, the level of storytelling seemed to be one where kids could read and follow and enjoy but the stories didn't just pander to them....they were enjoyable and intelligent for adults, as well.

Now there are a lot of titles where they either aim for the kids and ignore the adult or try to be intelligent and mature for older readers but also lose out on new readers or kids.

It can be argued that some of the books Liam reads and reviews are above his age level. He's a bright kid so he's able to follow along and pick stuff up pretty quickly but I can only imagine how much easier itd be for him if he was reading back in the 80s. But it's a different ballgame now and I understand it. I think the quality of art and writing has gone up and for the most part publishers do their best to make the books accessible to all types of readers. I think Amazing Spider-Man is doing one of the better jobs at it but yeah, Atomic Robo is the type of story that adults will enjoy a lot and they could have made some decisions to go very gritty and show more blood and guts and swearing that might have made it a bigger 'buzz' book but they left it so that a kid could open it up, enjoy the idea of a robot kicking butt and read it too.

uhmmm. if you take a human being and rip them in half, no matter if they have a symbiote on them or not, they're effing dead...

...the symbiote might be chillin out in space or something but cletus cassidy is as dead as brand new day's plot.

Right, 'cause no one's ever come back from something like that in comics. ;)

Liam said:
I got pretty mad when the crowd was saying welcome to the Skrulls. The Skrulls were telling people that everything was going to be better now that they were in charge but the super heroes think they’re lying. And a lot of humans wanted the Skrulls to be there. They’re running around holding signs saying that they love the Skrulls and they’re just kissing their butts. The humans were really stupid for wanting the Skrulls to take everything. They should know they’re just going to get killed.
Haha, now we can say that literally even a 7-year-old could see through the Skrulls' "embrace change" nonsense. :D

Really liked the fan-mail. I can't believe your kids wants to read Kick-Ass and Zombie books. Show him something like Xombie from Devil's Due (I think that's the company). It not too bad and the website has tons of cool stuff. http://www.xombified.com/

Really liked the fan-mail. I can't believe your kids wants to read Kick-Ass and Zombie books. Show him something like Xombie from Devil's Due (I think that's the company). It not too bad and the website has tons of cool stuff. http://www.xombified.com/

He saw the 'Kick-Ass' title and got curious. Zombies are just cool to him. Big fan of cheesy shark attack movies, too.

Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"