Y9k4axc.gif
fQBlHQ3.gif

k580Lva.gif
uGilgCD.gif

DuC4mxc.gif
UJvDzG7.gif

hJushzp.gif
Bip8PjO.gif

Short haired Iris might be cool. If they insist on her having long hair, it will obviously grow by the time they start shooting, but short would be fine too. It would both differentiate her from Candice's version and for once why not give a superhero's love interest a shorter hair in movies anyway.

Last edited:
I'd love it if her hair for Iris was styled like so. I love this look so much.

qMTSOjv.jpg

Or they can just skip that stupidity (lord knows that it goes EXTREMELY annoying on the TV show, and nonsensical to boot) and let her find out early on.

They could. I honesty don't care either way. But considering The Flash 1) wears a mask and 2) can vibrate his entire body to the point where it's very difficult to see his face, with the handy side effect of vocal distortion, there's nothing nonsensical about him being able to keep his secret from her if he chooses to do so.

DuC4mxc.gif

Don't know why, but this one looks the most "Iris" to me. Balancing college, work, and internet journalism she'd probably be multitasking like crazy (they're going to be college students in this right?).

They could. I honesty don't care either way. But considering The Flash 1) wears a mask and 2) can vibrate his entire body to the point where it's very difficult to see his face, with the handy side effect of vocal distortion, there's nothing nonsensical about him being able to keep his secret from her if he chooses to do so.

I didn't say that he couldn't. I said that it'd be a pointless and unnecessary writing choice on their part imo.

I disagree, but again, I don't care either way.

I really hope we get a wig that looks real for long hair if it still remains short. I honestly liked how Kiersey looked long back with long hair she was much more attractive and cute.

With short hair she kind of gives off a different vibe than of Iris, plus I just think it makes her less attractive. but hey that's just my opinion

I really hope we get a wig that looks real for long hair if it still remains short. I honestly liked how Kiersey looked long back with long hair she was much more attractive and cute.

With short hair she kind of gives off a different vibe than of Iris, plus I just think it makes her less attractive. but hey that's just my opinion

Xdldl.gif

I personally find her cuter with short hair, but I'm fine either way when it comes to this role. It is funny how there's always a hair debate of a sort in DCEU subforums though. :funny:

i wonder if they even screentested actresses for this role or Rick just went with her because he worked with her in Dope already.

i wonder if they even screentested actresses for this role or Rick just went with her because he worked with her in Dope already.

The rumor was Rita Ora and Lucy Boynton where also in the running but Clemons was Rick's favorite from the start.

Unless I've been looking on the wrong parts of the internet, to talk about casting for a sec- maybe it's the general audience's familiarity of Iris because of The Flash on the CW, but it's odd how Clemons' casting as Iris has been, as far as I can tell, mostly positive compared to Zendaya as apparently Mary Jane.

I'd say it's a combo of the show having already done it, and Iris not being as iconic as Mary Jane.

I think the TV show definitely helped with that. Otherwise we'd be seeing the same reaction as with Zendaya

I'd say it's a combo of the show having already done it, and Iris not being as iconic as Mary Jane.

Mary Jane is arguably the most iconic superhero love interest of all time, and visually is hands down the most iconic superhero love interest, it's understandable that she'd face more resistance to these kinds of changes than Iris or even Lois.

People would go nuts if it were Lois. Outside of Lois and MJ I agree. I doubt to many would be upset if it were Carol Ferris etc.

They did...Ezra confirmed it
“Kiersey is amazing,” he said. “I had the opportunity to read with her and do some explorative acting in our chemistry read ... the results of these experiments clearly were positive. I’m just deeply excited about what these people carry in their hearts, and I’m excited about the radical intention that everybody seems to be bringing to the genesis chamber of this film.”
http://www.mtv.com/news/2917360/ezra-miller-extremely-fun-flash-movie/

Obligatory Kiersey with long hair pic

1976248063dac8ebb3f45cd6befc82c83608d387.jpg

:atp:

Unless I've been looking on the wrong parts of the internet, to talk about casting for a sec- maybe it's the general audience's familiarity of Iris because of The Flash on the CW, but it's odd how Clemons' casting as Iris has been, as far as I can tell, mostly positive compared to Zendaya as apparently Mary Jane.

Maybe because Iris is not as popular. Spiderman already had popular live action movies in which MJ was white. However The Flash had less and the popular one on tv right now has a black/african-American Iris. Honestly if we were to cast a white actress for Iris after the CW show there would still be uproar from probably more audiences than the comic book fan base because they changed it.

The most well known version of Iris has been a black young woman, so yeah, I'm not surprised there isn't much fervor over this.

I think it's funny, though, where MJ is concerned. Some of the whiners were trying to make it about hair color, as if that was their main issue instead of skin color. "Well, she can't be MJ if she's not a redhead!" and the responses were basically just...

tumblr_oamrbnd7tV1tw3kfno1_500.png

I am so happy that the Iris casting situation isn't anywhere near as bat-**** as the MJ casting situation. Thank god for the Flash television show.

Damn she's cute. Love the short hair if they decide to go with it.

Go with the long hair!! She looks beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"