Animation Kite Man: Hell Yeah - Harley Quinn Spin-off Starring Kite-Man (HBO Max)

I'm very curious to see Kite Man on his own, more so after seeing him finally stand up for himself and decide that pursuing Ivy any further was a waste of time, given her feelings for Harley.

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for a WW animated series with Kite Man already surpassing her in that area lol

To me, this is something like Peacemaker. Taking a character that so few people have any real strong feelings about and therefore essentially having a blank slate to work with.

Something like Wonder Woman is going to inevitably draw much more scrutiny, and to me, it makes sense that it’s going to take longer if that means making sure it’s in the right hands.

But considering she’s got a movie franchise going, a video game on the way AND the fact that there’s now a streaming service with all of WB’s resources behind it that’s going to be demanding as much DC content as it can get, I’ll be shocked if we don’t get one soon.

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for a WW animated series with Kite Man already surpassing her in that area lol
Haven’t watched Harley Quinn yet but freaking Kite Man has an animated series before Wonder Woman lol. It’s kinda funny but sad at the same time.

Haven’t watched Harley Quinn yet but freaking Kite Man has an animated series before Wonder Woman lol. It’s kinda funny but sad at the same time.

I mean, DC is more than just Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, much like how Marvel is more than just X-Men and Spider-Man. Hasn't that been an argument that DC doesn't take advantage of the many characters at its disposal beyond the trinity?

Plus, while Wonder Woman may not have an animated series, she's still had some kick-ass animated movies in the meantime.

I mean, DC is more than just Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, much like how Marvel is more than just X-Men and Spider-Man. Hasn't that been an argument that DC doesn't take advantage of the many characters at its disposal beyond the trinity?

Plus, while Wonder Woman may not have an animated series, she's still had some kick-ass animated movies in the meantime.
I agree with you but was mostly just kidding.

I guess we can assume this is also done if Zaslav thinks cartoons should be for kids... :mad:
The guy is a decade out of date with his views on animation and modern scripted TV.

'Harley Quinn' Showrunners Break Down the Valetine's Day Special - Variety

And what can you tease about the upcoming Kite Man spinoff?

Halpern: It’s run by Dean Lorey, who we did the first three seasons with, and he partners with Katie Rich, an amazing comedy writer. The Kite Man series is gonna hit some of the same vibes that the special does. It gets out there. It goes for it. They’ve done such a good job of making Kite Man and Golden Gliders lovable doofuses. Pat and I pitched “Harley” as “It’s ‘Mary Tyler Moore’ with a psycho killer at the front.”

But we’ve always talked about the The Kite Man show as “Cheers.” “Cheers,” but for B-list supervillains.

Probably more sensible to include the lead characters name in the title, even if they were going for a Cheers homage with Noonan’s.

Im still amazed that this made it all the way to be produced

Do better WB!

While it’s crazy that WW hasn’t gotten her own solo animated series yet, it’s irrelevant to something like this.

Kite Man is a character so few people have any concrete ideas about that a creative team can basically do whatever they want with it. There’s a limit on liberties that could be taken with a character like WW without the fans *****ing to high Heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"