Kneel before your Queen... Amber Heard IS Mera! - Part 1

I hope they don't. I'm certainly no Amber Heard fan but I think she's a perfect fit for Mera. Ever since those first shots of her in costume/on set.

I hope that those who want her recast also support Disney's decision of firing James Gunn form GotG 3 right ? Maybe James Gunn should also be fired off from The Suicide Squad too, and since both Depp and Heard were fighting, maybe recast Depp as Grindelwald too while we are at it.

So, if they hire a new actress and something comes up against her recast her too ? It's a slippery slope.

I hope that those who want her recast also support Disney's decision of firing James Gunn form GotG 3 right ? Maybe James Gunn should also be fired off from The Suicide Squad too, and since both Depp and Heard were fighting, maybe recast Depp as Grindelwald too while we are at it.

So, if they hire a new actress and something comes up against her recast her too ? It's a slippery slope.

I would think so, given that they're underwater.

But seriously, yeah, as was pointed out, the fact that Depp will be back for Fantastic Beasts 3 should indicate that WB certainly wouldn't just let Heard go, and from a lot of the behind-the-scenes images she's shared, she seems to like playing the character. At worst, I only see this ruffling the feathers of the hardcore Depp and Heard crowds, but that's about it.

James Gunn didn't abuse anyone. It's not the same thing, not remotely.

It's not that hard to recast Amber Heard.
Her main acting talent is really just being hot. Nothing more. You just need to find someone that's hot and that has chemistry with Momoa.

James Gunn was fired mainly due to twitter "Outrage culture" that followed, same thing is happening again, In this case Depp continues to work for WB, so just singling out Amber and firing her alone makes no sense, unless they fire Depp too from Fantastic beasts franchise.

The comments on her IG are pretty savage at the moment. I'm not sure a recast will happen... it depends on how much traction the latest update gets and how/if see reacts.

Personally, I'd recast. It's not just the fact she's been confirmed as hitting JD, but how far she went to manipulate, cover it up and gaslight the other party. It doesn't matter how hot and attractive she is... she's not a nice person.

Also if I were Jason Momoa, I'm not sure how I'd feel about acting alongside and doing intimate scenes with someone like that. I'd have a problem with it.

The comments on her IG are pretty savage at the moment. I'm not sure a recast will happen... it depends on how much traction the latest update gets and how/if see reacts.

Personally, I'd recast. It's not just the fact she's been confirmed as hitting JD, but how far she went to manipulate, cover it up and gaslight the other party. It doesn't matter how hot and attractive she is... she's not a nice person.

Also if I were Jason Momoa, I'm not sure how I'd feel about acting alongside and doing intimate scenes with someone like that. I'd have a problem with it.

Its a messy situation for sure and the question is how much this gains attention.
It could force their hand in recasting her, but if they held onto her during everything so far...im not sure if they would drop her.

I dont know if she is a bad person or so, it could be that the whole thing with depp really brought out the worst in her and that she is a nice person.
Momoa seemed to hold her in high regards...but then the man is just a incredible kind hearted person.

Its hard to say honestly, and i still wonder how heard and depp even got together...how can two people who are so poisonous for each other, become a couple in the first place?
How the hell does that work? Or how does it even evolve into something so incredible toxic that people try to ruin each other?
I cant understand that.

Its a messy situation for sure and the question is how much this gains attention.
It could force their hand in recasting her, but if they held onto her during everything so far...im not sure if they would drop her.

I dont know if she is a bad person or so, it could be that the whole thing with depp really brought out the worst in her and that she is a nice person.
Momoa seemed to hold her in high regards...but then the man is just a incredible kind hearted person.

Its hard to say honestly, and i still wonder how heard and depp even got together...how can two people who are so poisonous for each other, become a couple in the first place?
How the hell does that work? Or how does it even evolve into something so incredible toxic that people try to ruin each other?
I cant understand that.
I think it's the way she lied and tried to cover up her participation that makes me question her character. Had she just held her hands up and said "we both messed up, we were in a toxic relationship that brought out the worst in each other" then that would be different. But from day 1 she's asserted her innocence and played the victim. It just doesn't sit well.

I don't think she will be recast tbh.

I'm not going to straight out say that it shouldn't be a fireable offense (although I tend to see the need more when it's misbehavior on the job), but however you handle something like that, it's important to be consistent.

As for the impact, I think recasting can easily be jarring. I liked Terrence Howard's Rhodey better, and Don Cheadle didn't look or act the same, so it wasn't that easy to reconcile the two. People criticized Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, but whether or not she was the best choice to begin with I'd have rather she stayed on. If they recast here, I'm not just going to look at whether the new actress does as well, I'm going to look at whether it seems like the same character. There's a strong chance of missing the mark.

I think it's the way she lied and tried to cover up her participation that makes me question her character. Had she just held her hands up and said "we both messed up, we were in a toxic relationship that brought out the worst in each other" then that would be different. But from day 1 she's asserted her innocence and played the victim. It just doesn't sit well.

I don't think she will be recast tbh.

That yeah, but maybe both didnt realize that they were both so toxic to each other and instead saw the other as the problem...nobody likes to admit that they have done something wrong or so.
You had both of them go "I didnt do anything wrong" and so on.
So its really a messy situation.

Movie Studios are not Courts, nor they should pretend to be. It's not for them to decide on such matters, it sets a bad precedent, and the logic behind is flawed, it's a slippery slope.
This is very true, however I think sometimes you have to set a certain precedence in regards to what you think is acceptable and not acceptable behaviour of those you employ. If I committed a crime, my employers would get involved. Staying silent and not taking action is just as problematic.

Personally, I'd recast. It's not just the fact she's been confirmed as hitting JD, but how far she went to manipulate, cover it up and gaslight the other party.
If Courts find her offense criminal and punishable, then yes fire her.

It's funny that DCEU is full of actors who are involved in some controversy or the other, recently some people (on Reddit) were demanding boycott of BoP movie as the actor Ewan McGregor is a bad person as he left his wife for MEW. (both are in BoP). If we take all such issues into account then DCEU will need major recasts. It's best to ignore noise on Twitter, IG, FB and Reddit.

I wonder how MCU gets saints for their movies. :whatever:

Like the James Gunn situation at Disney, WB should be hands off as much as possible between Depp and Heard's altercations. Domestic quarrels shouldn't affect their roles in films, unless it negatively impacts their film production.

It's funny that DCEU is full of actors who are involved in some controversy or the other, recently some people (on Reddit) were demanding boycott of BoP movie as the actor Ewan McGregor is a bad person as he left his wife for MEW. (both are in BoP). If we take all such issues into account then DCEU will need major recasts. It's best to ignore noise on Twitter, IG, FB and Reddit.

I wonder how MCU gets saints for their movies. :whatever:
Jeremy Renner... don't even get me started.

If this goes to actual criminal court maybe there will be a recast. If just divorce court no. Personally I'd check to see if Karen Gillan is available to play Mera.

If this goes to actual criminal court maybe there will be a recast. If just divorce court no. Personally I'd check to see if Karen Gillan is available to play Mera.
I agree in entirety. Karen Gillan would be fantastic replacement, although she has stated an interest for directing a Batgirl movie. Only criminal cases should remove Heard from the role.

I agree in entirety. Karen Gillan would be fantastic replacement, although she has stated an interest for directing a Batgirl movie. Only criminal cases should remove Heard from the role.
Karen Gillan for every role. She's amazing and so versatile (been a fan since Amy Pond)

It’s happened before so maybe. Guess we’ll have to see how it pans out. Tbh I’d rather they didn’t but it all depends on whether WB think it’s bad for business.

Yup, for WB the most important thing is if that in any way hurts their business.
If so then they will for sure get rid of heard, if not then they most likely wont.

Gillan would make a sweet Mera but i rather have her as batgirl.
We will see how this all unfolds.

Man, she just sounds really bad the longer I listen to this. You guys comparing this to the James Gunn thing, these aren't even in the same ballpark. This is a case of her openly admitting to being physically violent to somebody and James Gunn just made some jokes that were very very bad taste. James Gunn was not actually assaulting people. What she is admitting to is awful. I'm not saying Johnny Depp's entirely innocent necessarily, but if he's going to get dragged through the coals like he was when this whole thing broke, then turnabout is fair game in the same should happen to her.

I mean for crying out loud, she admits to hitting him and then basically is calling him a coward and man shaming him about just not letting her have the freedom to hit him. That's messed up. Seriously messed up. If the audio roles were reversed here, then you better believe the media would be eating Johnny Depp alive today. He'd be done.

Last edited:
Man, she just sounds really bad the longer I listen to this. You guys comparing this to the James Gunn thing, these aren't even in the same ballpark. This is a case of her openly admitting to being physically violent to somebody and James Gunn just made some jokes that were very very bad taste. James Gunn was not actually assaulting people. What she is admitting to is awful. I'm not saying Johnny Depp's entirely innocent necessarily, but if he's going to get dragged through the coals like he was when this whole thing broke, then turnabout is fair game in the same should happen to her.

I mean for crying out loud, she admits to hitting him and then basically is calling him a coward and man shaming him about just not letting her have the freedom to hit him. That's messed up. Seriously messed up. If the audio roles were reversed here, then you better believe the media would be eating Johnny Depp alive today. He'd be done.
Absolutely spot on. She's literally mocking him. Anyone comparing this to the James Gunn situation... abuse is not "bad taste".

If Jason Momoa was caught admitting that he hit his wife, I would also expect him to be removed from the movie. Whether you hit a woman or hit a man... it's not okay and it's certainly not something to make light of. It doesn't matter if they were in a toxic relationship... it doesn't matter if JD "poked the bear"... her behaviour is unacceptable and she should not be rewarded with a million dollar payday.

I was pointing out the fact that people on twitter are demanding some action to be taken on Amber, which brings back memories of how people on twitter demanded Gunn's removal from GoTG 3, where have I said that what Gunn did is similar or comparable to what Amber did ?

Are Studios going to give in to demands made by folks on twitter (social media in general) now ? I already said that if Amber is found guilty in criminal case, then fire her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"