Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 6

Some interesting but lesser known facts about Jason Momoa -

Went to high school with Brandon Routh (Superman Returns (2006)) in Norwalk, Iowa.

7319750078_e7b6df4395_b.jpg

On November 15, 2008, Momoa was slashed in the face with a broken beer glass at the Birds Cafe, a club in Hollywood, California. He received some 140 stitches during reconstructive surgery, which resulted in the scar on his left eyebrow. Dominic Bando, 21, then living in Venice Beach, California, was convicted of the crime and received a five-year prison sentence.

Enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long-board skateboarding, and roller hockey. Spends his free time on Buddhist studies.

Jason Momoa - Biography - IMDb

Last edited:
On November 15, 2008, Momoa was slashed in the face with a broken beer glass at the Birds Cafe, a club in Hollywood, California. He received some 140 stitches during reconstructive surgery, which resulted in the scar on his left eyebrow. Dominic Bando, 21, then living in Venice Beach, California, was convicted of the crime and received a five-year prison sentence.
I remember when that happened. My dad watched Stargate Atlantis which Jason was on at the time, so I was somewhat familiar with him because of that show and the news caught my attention. As I recall, he still went to some fan convention the next week (like a boss!) and from the pictures that came out of there, I would've thought the scarring would be worse than what it is now. They've healed quite well.

I think this set of paparazzi pics were the last ones of him pre-attack, taken just a few weeks before it happened:
jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-11.jpg
jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-08.jpg

I remember when that happened. My dad watched Stargate Atlantis which Jason was on at the time, so I was somewhat familiar with him because of that show and the news caught my attention. As I recall, he still went to some fan convention the next week (like a boss!) and from the pictures that came out of there, I would've thought the scarring would be worse than what it is now. They've healed quite well.

I think this set of paparazzi pics were the last ones of him pre-attack, taken just a few weeks before it happened:
jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-11.jpg
jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-08.jpg
You have pics after-surgery? In this convention after the atack?

You have pics after-surgery? In this convention after the atack?
Oh I have no idea where to find those again I’m afraid, or even what the convention was called. But I remember he was wearing sunglasses the whole time, and there was one scar going straight down his forehead, and it looked like it was going right into his eye (that’s the one on his eyebrow, of course), and then there were another couple lower on the side of his face. Those seem barely noticeable these days.

Oh I have no idea where to find those again I’m afraid, or even what the convention was called. But I remember he was wearing sunglasses the whole time, and there was one scar going straight down his forehead, and it looked like it was going right into his eye (that’s the one on his eyebrow, of course), and then there were another couple lower on the side of his face. Those seem barely noticeable these days.
I found the pic with the sunglass, jesus, he almost lost a eye, i have gone through a similiar situation in a bar, woke in the hospital with stitches in my face, since then i never walked in a bar again

I found the pic with the sunglass, jesus, he almost lost a eye, i have gone through a similiar situation in a bar, woke in the hospital with stitches in my face, since then i never walked in a bar again
Yikes, can't say I blame ya there. And yeah, I think he's lucky he wasn't blinded in that eye.

Momoa did a fantastic job. He made Aquaman a badass. My father grew up with the Super Friends cartoon as a kid and always thought Aquaman was a goof... he left the theater doing a complete 180 degree turn on the character. Anyone who thinks he lacks acting skills/range saw a different film than I did. The ONLY complaint I have about his performance comes from the script. The best example is after he gave his humble lines about how he's a nobody, etc... and he ends it with something along the lines of, "if that's not good enough for you, then Screw You!" Thought that line was completely unnecessary and missed the mark with both audiences whom I saw the movie with. They'll learn and adjust for the sequel though. He did a fantastic job and I really can't imagine anyone else playing the part.

Momoa did a fantastic job. He made Aquaman a badass. My father grew up with the Super Friends cartoon as a kid and always thought Aquaman was a goof... he left the theater doing a complete 180 degree turn on the character. Anyone who thinks he lacks acting skills/range saw a different film than I did. The ONLY complaint I have about his performance comes from the script. The best example is after he gave his humble lines about how he's a nobody, etc... and he ends it with something along the lines of, "if that's not good enough for you, then Screw You!" Thought that line was completely unnecessary and missed the mark with both audiences whom I saw the movie with. They'll learn and adjust for the sequel though. He did a fantastic job and I really can't imagine anyone else playing the part.

that last line to the kraken monster where he says "then screw you" felt like an intentional homage to conan the barbarian where he prays to Crom to grant him vengence and says "if you do not listen, then to hell with you!" lol. he's begging yet still defiant at the same time. i think it fits this version of aquaman.

overall, i liked that speech tho and i thought jason did a good job, esp there - when he says "i came because i have no choice...because i want to save the people i love, etc" and his voice cracks there.

Agreed on all that. :up: Hopefully we see a lot more of him as Aquaman. He makes every character he plays a badass.

To me, Jason is as good as Christopher Reeve as superman. Superb casting that will be celebrated for decades to come

AQUA MAN the fragrance. I'd buy that (only if it smelt good).

aquamantop.jpg

_l0dhhQhP6s.jpg

King is attending Sundance film festival with that documentary thing that is on his yooutube

Jason Momoa says Aquaman was inspired by Tool

"Aquaman's pretty metal. I know no-one thinks that, but Aquaman's metal,"

Jason tells Metal Hammer. "I kind of build my characters off of metal songs. Conan (The Barbarian) was really heavy Pantera, I'd say Aquaman was probably mostly built out of Tool and (Metallica album) Kill 'Em All. Ticks And Leeches, if I want to get specific. There's a lot of Sabbath in there too."

I would love Jason and Emilia to present together. I'll probably just record the Oscars and fast forward to their bit and the song Shallow being sung.

Well Jason Momoa is sexy:

Why would you post the same picture twice :ebr: ??

Why would you post the same picture twice :ebr: ??

Wanted to share BUT... Not everyone goes to EVERY thread. Actually posted it 3 times as I put it in the LOL Pic thread in Community too.

Why do you care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"