Kneel before your Queen... Amber Heard IS Mera! - Part 1

I was pointing out the fact that people on twitter are demanding some action to be taken on Amber, which brings back memories of how people on twitter demanded Gunn's removal from GoTG 3, where have I said that what Gunn did is similar or comparable to what Amber did ?

Are Studios going to give in to demands made by folks on twitter (social media in general) now ? I already said that if Amber is found guilty in criminal case, then fire her.

I think we need more information. What we know now is she is not as innocent as she claimed to be in this whole mess. What we don't have is a truly accurate picture of what their marriage was like. There are still questions such as who is the first person to introduce physical violence into the relationship? Was either party being emotionally abusive prior to physical abuse being introduced? Was there some type of influence like drugs or something that may have made both of them act out of character? Without these answers, I really don't know what should be done.

So in other words, I think we were too quick to jump on Johnny Depp in the first place. Nothing we can do to change that mistake. I am someone who always says collect all the information before rushing to judgment. So I wouldn't cancel Amber Heard yet. But, I do think the media owes it did Johnny Depp to report the story accurately. You can't just willfully ignore the existence of this audio and act like an ostrich and put your head in the ground. So this does need some attention, and from now on we need to follow the story and find out the facts.

That being said, this audio is really damaging. Like just, wow.

Last edited:
I was pointing out the fact that people on twitter are demanding some action to be taken on Amber, which brings back memories of how people on twitter demanded Gunn's removal from GoTG 3, where have I said that what Gunn did is similar or comparable to what Amber did ?

Are Studios going to give in to demands made by folks on twitter (social media in general) now ? I already said that if Amber is found guilty in criminal case, then fire her.
Only issue with this is that many criminal actions don't go to trial for whatever reason. It's like if you stole something and you don't get caught... you still committed a crime... you're still a criminal.

Is Amber allowed to go around beating people up and landing starring roles so long as no one takes her to court?

People are going to call WB hypocrites if they just fire Amber and retain Depp for Fantastic Beasts franchise, as far as I know, both of them have accused each other of both mental and physical abuse, none is completely innocent victim here.

At the end everything depends on what Courts decide, till then I don' think WB should be taking any decision, it's not easy task for them to take sides. That's all I have to say in this matter.

I don't believe actors should be fired for offscreen personal issues that aren't affecting the movie.

Heard sucks as Mera and Depp sucks as Grindelwald, but they shouldn't be replaced for this (maybe not been hired in the first place), Gunn shouldn't have been fired, Renner shouldn't be recast, etc. That's just lame.

I don't believe actors should be fired for offscreen personal issues that aren't affecting the movie.

Heard sucks as Mera and Depp sucks as Grindelwald, but they shouldn't be replaced for this (maybe not been hired in the first place), Gunn shouldn't have been fired, Renner shouldn't be recast, etc. That's just lame.

Realistically this is how studios view it too. You only ever see them fire people if they think keeping them is going to hurt their bottom line. I think it's too early to tell whether or not Amber Heard falls into that category. I'm inclined to doubt it given that they didn't fire Johnny Depp from the Fantastic Beasts series and I don't see them doing that at this point either, so I'd be surprised if they let her go. But if the outrage mounts on her, then that changes the equation.

In for all but the most extreme cases - say a serial sexual predator or a fella with bodies in the basement - I agree with this. The responsibility of the studio and the film's producers is to keep the folks on the set safe, not solve society's woes. Renner, Heard, Depp and Gunn all have extensive cinematic track records. If there have been no instances of untoward behavior behavior in either this gig or previous ones, I see no reason to fire them.

Last edited:
I just hope this whole incident is a learning experience for the dangers of "cancel culture" and that people will not jump the gun until more information comes out. These allegations should be treated seriously and investigated properly, but making conclusions before we see the results of those investigations is about as bad as just sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Have some patience.

I'm not too optimistic about this happening, but let's hope.

giphy.gif

I just hope this whole incident is a learning experience for the dangers of "cancel culture" and that people will not jump the gun until more information comes out. These allegations should be treated seriously and investigated properly, but making conclusions before we see the results of those investigations is about as bad as just sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Have some patience.

Absolutely spot on mate

If they replaced Heard with Teresa Palmer would general audiences even notice the difference?

The film isn't being filmed anytime soon and if WB keeps Depp around, no reason to just get rid of hern

The film isn't being filmed anytime soon and if WB keeps Depp around, no reason to just get rid of hern
I think it depends on the outcome of the current trial. Previously it was all he said/she said and I guess WB didn't want to get rid of Depp based on claims that were at the time unsubstantiated (and now it's looking more and more like he was the victim)

At the end of the day, you're now hearing from Amber herself that she physically assaulted her husband and wasn't remotely remorseful about it (going to the extent of mocking him)

That's a hard sell when it comes to promoting a movie.

WB has to be secretly searching for a replacement for Heard. The case against Heard is getting worse.

They’ll replace her for sure, I would love to see those who were sticking up for her to say something now.

She and Depp both proved that they'll aren't the best people but WB continues to employ him and other actors with similar problematic situations. They'll probably just hope it blows over

I doubt by 2022 anyone will care, and that’s if the movie makes it’s release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"