The All-Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 7

As I visit this board, it's starting to bother me a little that no one ever talks about the actual content of this movie, myself included.

We talk about the box office, its popularity, but there's little to no discussion of the characters, plot, themes, etc.

I don't know if that's because there just aren't that many die hard Aquaman fans, if its because there's no speculation about how the movie connects to the broader DCEU, or if its just that straightforward.

Watched this for the first time since theaters and my first impression was essentially confirmed. This is a pretty meh movie saved by a great score, set-pieces, and overall direction.

I’m excited for the sequel given they knew it’d be a good idea to get different screen writers on board.

Just picked up the steelbook of Aquaman. Been trying to get all the DC films on Steelbook now. :)

Who did the art for the Best Buy Steelbook? I've looked online and can't find anything.

Purchased and watched in 4k this morning. Still really really enjoy this film! Its a visual perfection

I was just curious, thanks for the reply. I know many people on SHH who decided against watching Aquaman, so I was wondering what was the reason.

Last edited:
I was just curious, thanks for the reply. I know many people on SHH who decided against watching Aquaman, so I was wondering what was the reason.

Ahh gotcha no I really wanted to see it. Just got swamped with work and took a toll on me was super tired. Never got around to making it out for a viewing

Finally got around to watching Aquaman, and overall I thought it was fun, well-directed with great CGI, colours & a great musical score.

However the acting was uninspired, some of the emotional beats didn't work due to the fact that it felt rushed (especially the first act). And also a cliched villain (Orm) that I think had room for a lot more rich development.

Still a fun movie to watch.

Definitely enjoyed this movie more at home than I did at the cinema, watched it twice in 2 days.

So Depp tried to have Amber fired

D4c-cevW4AE3Ywz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"