The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmm I wonder if he’s heard negative reactions. What’s concerning to me is how many critics liked the tweets.

Why is he acting like the Justice League reactions were positive? They weren't. :funny: The most positive reaction it had was mixed with "It's a total mess, but the actors are good and it has some okay moments."

Imo, Wan has nothind to do with it. I guess it's because you can't write a lot on Twitter, but people now think criticism means comparing movies to other movies. Instead of describing them with several adjectives, and you know, use words, people take shortcuts and are only able to use comparisons.
That's basically what film criticism is now in 2018.

Two separate ridiculous issues.

Some resent DC being compared to Marvel.

The other is how dare James endorsed those kinds of comparison. Is he being a sellout? But really, those are just a few tweets that make you cringe and lol at the same time.

Now the next wave of ridiculousness is to remind everyone JL early reactions were just as good. People really can warp their memories just to carry a point.

The other is how dare James endorsed those kinds of comparison. Is he being a sellout? But really, those are just a few tweets that make you cringe and lol at the same time.

Now the next wave of ridiculousness is to remind everyone JL early reactions were just as good. People really can warp their memories just to carry a point.

You mean those tweets?

DtBmuQqWkAA4gUV.jpg:large

DtBQ0z_UcAAahcX.jpg

That dts guy on Twitter is a moron. He spams hosts of the DC Daily show with that Snyder garbage.

Well people are annoying trolls. Just look at some responses in this tread, people can't handle success without bashing something else. Just remember that such comments don't actually impact success or perception, it's just a coping mechanism.

Just my two cents, but as a Snyder fan who likes his films and likes him, it's worth making a distinction between Snyder fans and Snyder disciples or whatever term fits best. I am able to like a range of things, and that includes MoS/BvS as well as non-Snyder projects in the DCEU like WW and Aquaman. I see it as somewhat similar to the difference between polytheism (worship many gods) and monotheism (worship one god). For some Snyder fans like myself, it's possible to like his work and tone/approach as well as the work and tone of other filmmakers. Meanwhile, for others there is only room for Snyder. Even among that group, I imagine only a fraction of it engages in the truly toxic behaviors that attack other people's work and fandom.

Cant do spoilers on the phone but there is tons of pics including mera's second outfit

I love how mad that guy is about it.
Why are people acting like Snyder needs to be treated like the daddy of a successful shared universe?
I enjoy his movies but look where he has the DCEU :funny:

Because he cast Jason so clearly he should be carried on the red carpet on a golden throne lol I really need to ignore these people its madness

I am thankful for what Snyder did in many aspects. I am also thankful his role is done. I am more thankful for the directors of the current slate of films because they are blowing my mind. Wan, Jenkins and Sandberg are not only making the movies I want to see but they are making sure the drama level is toned way the heck down. Wan and Sandberg have basically destroyed any and all rumors within hours of the clickbaiters trying anything and Jenkins just sat back and watched as people were completely wrong about Wonder Woman.

The lack of drama creates a vacuum though...and sooner or later the clickbaiters need to try and gain some momentum especially when all news is positive. That is why we had the stupid "Wonder Woman Armpit" kerfuffle along with clowns like Dickey and Grace saying they "hear" the movie is bad. That is why the same BS is coming out a day after the social media embargo lifted. (weeks before the film comes out which the same clickbaiters always say is a good sign) It is why they made up BS about the characters in Shazam and criticized the stand ins during the reshoots which got Sandberg to just mock them on Twitter. Its why they made up that Wan was leaving Aquaman prompting him to mock them on Twitter.

Mark my words, when Aquaman destroys overseas some clickbaiters will tell us it doesnt matter because it isnt the States. They will talk about how the Amazon Prime showings mean nothing and that anything it makes under some arbitrary number will be underperforming even if it wins the weekend. (they will then talk about how weak Bumblebee and Mary Poppins were in retrospect and how Star Wars is the true test) Then every milestone it passes will be torn down in comparison to something else. If it gets a 70% on RT they will rip it cause WW and BP got way higher. (ignoring the social significance of the films as opposed to a movie about a Fishman who has been a laughingstock for decades) The clickbaiters will latch onto anything they can.

Long story short: they can kiss my butt and we should all ignore them :)

Hmmm I wonder if he’s heard negative reactions. What’s concerning to me is how many critics liked the tweets.

I knew very little about him, but he's Mashable guy that wrote some article about movies he didn't root for in negative manner.

I remember that he didn't like WW, JL, Fantastic Beast for reasons even before they were released and he was sure they would be badly received, commercialy and critically. He had a field day with JL but said things about WW and FB in salty manner when they were successful.

Don't know his opinion on Crimes of Grindelwald, prefer to not know.
He said that if Aquaman is good and has good BO then all is good, but if it wouldn't he might gloat about that.

I'm good with people have negative opinion about things. Genuine opinion, more power to them.
But I never understood that someone, somehow want or need something to fail --like movies-- to the point that they spin anything into negativity or digging anything out to make sure of it. Then be salty when it doesn't happen or all schadenfreude when it does.

Or when:
A: I like this.
B: No you don't. Here's why.

A: I hope it will good/ doing good.
B: I don't. Here are signs that it will fail and I want you to be on my side.

A: But I just want it to be good.
B: Nah. (I hope) It won't.

A: I dig it.
B: Haha, I don't. Do you know what C, D, E up until ZZZZZZ think about it?

I just saw several threads in other places and I'd add one of the worse:
A: I like -insert something-.
B: Haha what a s---- taste! Your opinions are not valid! Now shut up.

Last edited:
I wonder what's the earliest an Aquaman sequel could come out? I think Summer 2021 but it's more likely to be either November or December 2021.

Josh Dickey doesn't like WB. I believe they blocked him from all their early press screenings when he was at Mashable so he decided to trash all their movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"