The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, there is something interesting... I think it's safe to assume that Arthur's tattoos come from his Polynesian background, but there is a lot of similarity between their design and Atlantean aesthetic, as evidenced by both Arthur's and Mera's costumes. So, my guess would be that Polynesian people came in contact with Atlanteans sometime in the past and were influenced by Atlantean aesthetic, possibly even basing their water deities on Atlanteans.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Really liking what I'm reading here :yay:

Oh damn, I didn't even know Black manta casting was revealed last week. What the heck was I doing? For some reason, I was under the impression he is yet to be cast when I heard of Thomas Curry casting.

C3xvBtbWAAAkvRU.jpg

One of the most badass duos in comics, if not the most:

AQ_49_PROMO_5640ec72009197.09283511.jpg

I look forward to seeing them kick ass together in Justice League and the Aquaman solo film.

Didn't Wan hint that they wouldn't start off as a couple of something?

Didn't Wan hint that they wouldn't start off as a couple of something?

I think he mentioned a love/hate relationship but I still expect them to fight alongside each other regardless.

True. It makes me wonder if they even know each other all that well in JL?

Also the "love/hate" idea is a little cliché. And it could go either way, it could be either really fun, or really tedious.

Also the "love/hate" idea is a little cliché. And it could go either way, it could be either really fun, or really tedious.

I'd like to think that they do because if they do what Throne of Atlantis did then It's safe to assume that she's part of the reason why he's already living underwater

Belligerent Sexual Tension is a great trope when done right.

Worked well for Constantine and Zatanna in JLD.

It's kinda puzzling, as Mera's outfit seems to indicate she is a queen in JL. Then again, aside from "A" buckle, she wears pretty much the same outfit in New 52 and she's not a queen there yet.

It's kinda puzzling, as Mera's outfit seems to indicate she is a queen in JL. Then again, aside from "A" buckle, she wears pretty much the same outfit in New 52 and she's not a queen there yet.

That A could easily just be the crest of Atlantis and is worn by all of its military members like the US flag is for American troops.

I don't think Mera is Queen either. She's most likely Arthur's bodyguard because he's the heir to the Throne of Atlantis.

And she probably resents the job and him because he'd rather be a rum drinking, treasure hunting superhero than King of Atlantis.

If they stay true to the comics, Mera has no involvement with Atlantis until Arthur comes along. She was royalty already.

If they stay true to the comics, Mera has no involvement with Atlantis until Arthur comes along. She was royalty already.

I wouldn't count on Xebel being a thing. At least not in the first one. But it'd be cool.

I don't think Mera is Queen either. She's most likely Arthur's bodyguard because he's the heir to the Throne of Atlantis.

And she probably resents the job and him because he'd rather be a rum drinking, treasure hunting superhero than King of Atlantis.

I like this idea.

That A could easily just be the crest of Atlantis and is worn by all of its military members like the US flag is for American troops.

Could be, though I wonder what is exactly Mera's role before Arthur, her being from Xebel and all. If there is Xebel in DCEU.

The thought of Aquaman being arum drinking treasure hunter is absolutely awesome. I could see him as the guy fighting pirates off the coast of Africa , destroying whaling ships , and looking for lost treasure while using his finds to live a simple life off of while using the rest to fund and donate towards ocean preservation. With Mera being the one talking him into coming home and claiming his birthright as King of Atlantis . Like this thrill loving , tough as hell, treasure hunting, badass

The thought of Aquaman being arum drinking treasure hunter is absolutely awesome. I could see him as the guy fighting pirates off the coast of Africa , destroying whaling ships , and looking for lost treasure while using his finds to live a simple life off of while using the rest to fund and donate towards ocean preservation. With Mera being the one talking him into coming home and claiming his birthright as King of Atlantis . Like this thrill loving , tough as hell, treasure hunting, badass

[YT]P3ALwKeSEYs[/YT]

I can see him walking in a mom and pop diner, ordering some chowder and paying the waitress with 500 year old Spanish coins that he found at the bottom of the Atlantic.

aquamanV8_01pg16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"