The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people won't be satisfied until we actually have Jason Momoa submerged in the water with the camera aimed at him, bubbles shooting from his mouth and nostrils as he gasps for oxygen while attempting to recite some muffled lines convincingly.

And I don't blame 'em for it. :o

Just dropping by to see if Harle is still among the living...

Like also watching the trailer yet again that is how excited I am for this film

I realize shooting an entire film that way isn't feasible, I just posted those photos for reference. There had to be a way they could get the finished shots to more closely resemble what being underwater actually looks like.

Even JL managed it better:

aquaman_justice_league.jpg

Eh... I think the JL scenes look bad while this one looks good, so...

RKKNr0z.jpg

Because you have someone like Wan behind the scenes directing the CGI wanting to get the world of Atlantis right

Plus off of the trailer we get to see Arthur's story his origin up close and what made him the man we know as Aquaman...seeing him from birth as a baby with his parents and then as a kid and him finding out his powers after seeing those kids bully him and that king shark basically banging on the window and Arthur telepathically communicating with the fish as a kid was so damn awesome to see and Arthur's eyes changing color there that was such a beautiful shot

Wow, really has there been another live action movie that has people living, talking and moving around underwater like this? I don’t think so. This movie is the first of its kind and from it other films (Disney’s Live action Little Mermaid) will start to pop up and continue to develop what an underwater kingdom will look and sound like without making its actors hold their breath for ridiculous amounts of time. I like the trailer and have been waiting for something like this for a long while so bring it on.

Some people won't be satisfied until we actually have Jason Momoa submerged in the water with the camera aimed at him, bubbles shooting from his mouth and nostrils as he gasps for oxygen while attempting to recite some muffled lines convincingly.

And I don't blame 'em for it. :o

Popping in the AQUAMAN forums for the first time to kick off this new era of DC Films and I'm glad this was the first post I read because it's absolutely hilarious.:lmao:

EDIT: ThePowerCosmics' post is signature worthy, BTW.

jesus christ you guys are thinking way too hard about physics and reality just enjoy the damn film lol

if you think abut physics anytime superman catches a falling civilian they would be cut in half

I'm glad I'm here. This section is entertaining to say the least.

Speaking of Superman catching a civilian, I liked how Snyder handled Supes catching Lois off of Lex Corp Tower in BvS. He basically matched his downward speed to that of Lois' descend so he wouldn't hurt her in any way. It was a smooth pocket of air and draft for the perfect caress.

This particular scene was very similar to the one in Tomb Raider.

69cOkeO.png

1516336344.jpg

The world of Atlantis here from the eyes of Wan even rivals that of Wakanda

Black Manta in the trailer also looked menacing more menacing than Orm that's for sure...for me Patrick Wilson's Orm comes off like Loki if you think about it

Personally, I thought Wan nailed the visuals and was pleasantly surprised. I know that Wan is a beast in the directors chair but the look of this film threw me for a loop, in a good way. I said it in other sections but the word I keep referring to is "Adventurous." The stepping stones are in place for DC to expand to a more superhero friendly audience to build good-will and getting back to the adventure side of things is a step in the right direction if these films want to be universally received. I still think DC/WB is going to be tonally more widespread in the genre and be a more jack of all trades but givin' the recent "DCEU" history, I'm shocked to see people reject some of Wan's abilities. I think it was a great first trailer in a new era but I understand it's tough to please a demanding crowd nowadays.

You're literally a liar. When I was one of biggest WW stans here, not to mention Gal (since that i liked BVS).
Dont make me search for my posts. You tried

I think you need to re-read the post you are calling me a liar about. I never said you didnt like the film only that you posted lots of gifs none of us understood. That is 100% not a lie.

I was receiving personal insults when i said that JL's trailers were bad, so i'm not surprised a member has to resort to defamation.. just because it happens that someone doesn't like a trailer, anyways..
gRd9u1U.gif

Still never defamed you. You really need to calm down.

Anybody have a gif of the shot with Arthur lifting the sub out of the water. That looked so gorgeous.

"Permission to come aboard?" So badass

Funny how he picked WW out of all movies to slander me. lol I remember loving the trailer and calling out the trolls. Gal accent was never a problem for me either, maybe cause i'm not a gringo idk. So i dont know what's he talking about.
Reminder than MOS is still probably my favorite DCEU movie, and i was stanning BVS back then.

Just beacuse i was right about JL (i mean the trailers were obviously bad, and i believed 100% in ViewerAnon review) this don't make me a hater. Mr dhandler01

Now I think that if you don't like something and you've made your point clear, you don't need to come to say the same thing over and over again, to ruin other people's joy (particularly the obvious trolls/haters),
and that's all
mRq5drP.gif

Holy crap how many times are you gonna post about this...while I was sleeping no less.

Just so you dont miss it...I didnt slander you. I didnt accuse you of not liking Wonder Woman. I said you posted headscratcher gifs in the thread...which you are doing right now PROVING MY POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"