• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
16807385_10154092023311923_397602284011969287_n.jpg

16681571_10154092023451923_8406063313724658878_n.jpg

Kym Barrett was responsible for that POS suit on Amazing Spider-Man. I don't think she'll mess with Wilkinson's designs for Aquaman and Mera too much, though.

Don Burgess is a nice get for this movie. Knowing him and Wan though, they'll likely use the newest digital camera for Aquaman rather than 35mm and 65mm.

Her first movie credit was Romeo + Juliet.
ROMEO-AND-JULIET-1996_reference.jpg

Kym has hits and misses. She did Jupiter Ascending, which possibly gives her some potential. On a positive note, she seems to be good with accessories and making characters look oddly unique. Nothing really eye popping though. Someone I really wish would have done costumes is Eiko Ishioka. She did Coppola's Dracula, The Cell, and Immortals, but unfortunately she died of cancer. Maybe, this could be Kym's best work with the right inspiration.

Her first movie credit was Romeo + Juliet.
ROMEO-AND-JULIET-1996_reference.jpg

You had to remind me of this atrocity. Only good thing about this film is that Radiohead song during credits.

Here's a list of most of the stuff she has done over the years.....

16864624_1250452181670831_5296936942162578510_n.png

Jon Valera is the Fights Co-ordinator for Aquaman. His credits include John Wick &300 (Stunts).

The principal photography begins on May 22 '17....... :D :D

16681807_596098793919403_3407939691934996308_n.jpg

On twitter James Wan confirmed that Aqualad will not be in this first Aquaman movie, stating "How about we get Batman established properly first, before we cram in Robin"

Just saw that tweet and agree with him. Glad he's not trying to just throw everything and the kitchen sink into the first film.

I can't even begin to describe my excitement for this movie . I just have this super positive outlook for this movie . Most movies I have a wait and see attitude , there have been a few though that I felt were gonna be great and turned out with me being right. Aquaman just seems like it's firing on all cylinders. The director is excited , the actors are excited , and everyone seems ready to go . A great cast is in place , I have faith Jason is going to just nail this role and Aquaman is on the verge of becoming a household name and a character that can transcend his stigma he has been stuck with for so long .

Yeah I see his point. Although I do want to see Kaldur in a sequel though

I can't even begin to describe my excitement for this movie . I just have this super positive outlook for this movie . Most movies I have a wait and see attitude , there have been a few though that I felt were gonna be great and turned out with me being right. Aquaman just seems like it's firing on all cylinders. The director is excited , the actors are excited , and everyone seems ready to go . A great cast is in place , I have faith Jason is going to just nail this role and Aquaman is on the verge of becoming a household name and a character that can transcend his stigma he has been stuck with for so long .

I agree. It's good to see that this movie doesn't have the craziness surrounding it that the others presently do!

I agree. It's good to see that this movie doesn't have the craziness surrounding it that the others presently do!

That's a huge plus . I just feel like this movie is gonna be something really special

Agreed! This movie is going to surprise a lot of people.

So the cinematographer did TASM? I like it.

And the fight choreographer sounds delicious

Low expectations could benefit the film.

Personally I have more faith in Aquaman being a good film than anything else on the DCEU upcoming slate. Wan is a solid filmmaker.

I have complete faith in Wan.

I'm pretty damn open to seeing what Kym Barrett does here. I like her, I liked what she did with the TASM costume, the Matrixes and Superman Flyby. Off-beat is very much welcome in something like Aquaman, I think. I digged the BVS look but thought it could be expanded upon, and am not crazy about his JL armor or Mera's look, both of which feel a bit dull. Very excited about seeing designs for this.

I am a curious to see what this movie will look like,but honestly I am not a fan of Momoa or Heard,their acting ranges from bad to mediocre.Some of the other casting like William Dafoe,Temuera Morrison and Nicole Kidman is outstanding,can't comment on Black Manta's actor as I have not seen him,but I will give him a fair chance.

Welp, you'll get your first look in JL and then you'll know what you're dealing with then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"