Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Not directly related to the character, but I was surprised at how pretty much every male character creeped on both Diana and Barbara. It was actually sort of unsettling because of how much it happened. Not entirely sure what Patty Jenkins was trying to go for with that either.

Well, according to Jenkins on the last time we see Barbara

She filmed it to be ambigious, and may have plans to bring Barbara back:
Wonder Woman 1984: Ending Explained | Den of Geek

Though it's anyone's guess if Jenkins will stay on board for a WW3. I hope this subplot isn't dropped if Jenkins leaves, because if this is a one and done it seems a sad waste of Wiig and the character

I could see Barbara spending the intervening years between 1984 and modern day trying to find some way of getting her Cheetah powers back. I think she should absolutely come back for the 3rd movie.

Not directly related to the character, but I was surprised at how pretty much every male character creeped on both Diana and Barbara. It was actually sort of unsettling because of how much it happened. Not entirely sure what Patty Jenkins was trying to go for with that either.

Well....Diana is very attractive and would definitely turn heads.

As for Barbara, no man knows she exists apart from the drunk creeper and Max who has ulterior motives for seducing her (stealing the dreamstone from her office). When men are suddenly all "hey baby" later, I chalked it up to the stone's supernatural influence suddenly making everyone attracted to her.

I could see Barbara spending the intervening years between 1984 and modern day trying to find some way of getting her Cheetah powers back. I think she should absolutely come back for the 3rd movie.

The wish stone is presumably still out there and Barbara is an archeologist so an easy way to bring Cheetah back is have Barbara search for the stone, make her wish and throw it into a live volcano. As a trade-off for getting her powers back, the stone turns Barbara into a furry beast

The Circe alliance would be interesting.

I read the end scene differently:

We see her in human form, but it’s not apparent that she revoked her wish. We never saw her transform into Cheetah, so I read it as she can turn it on-and-off. She literally had just told Diana that she’d never revoke her wish.

In the interim from 1984 to today, I suspect Barbara is still out there—cursed/blessed with Amazonian eternal life & strength. Just as the Monkey’s Paw foretold, it takes as much as it gives. So, over the years, Barbara can no longer switch off her beast form and is stuck as, what she sees as, a monster.

She wanted people to see her, but now they stare.

It’d thus set up a return for Cheetah in WW3 as a villain, but also a potential uneasy ally. It allows Diana a chance to save her friend and undo one of her greatest failures.

Tie it in with Diana needing to find Themiscrya (and using the Purple Ray on Barbara).

We see her in human form, but it’s not apparent that she revoked her wish. We never saw her transform into Cheetah, so I read it as she can turn it on-and-off. She literally had just told Diana that she’d never revoke her wish.

In the interim from 1984 to today, I suspect Barbara is still out there—cursed/blessed with Amazonian eternal life & strength. Just as the Monkey’s Paw foretold, it takes as much as it gives. So, over the years, Barbara can no longer switch off her beast form and is stuck as, what she sees as, a monster.

It’d thus set up a return for Cheetah in WW3 as a villain, but also a potential uneasy ally. It allows Diana a chance to save her friend and undo one of her greatest failures.

Tie it in with Diana needing to find Themiscrya (and using the Purple Ray on Barbara).

I see you took inspiration from the last animated movie featured Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

Jenkins said she wanted Barbara's fate to be up in the air and possibly bringing her back. If Jenkins steps down as a director, I REALLY hope this plotline doesn't get dropped. I'd like Wiig's Cheetah to be in a more overall solid movie than have this be a one and done

I see you took inspiration from the last animated movie featured Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

lol keen eye! I’d like to see Rucka’s Hiketeia adapted as well—I think you could make it all work

lol keen eye! I’d like to see Rucka’s Hiketeia adapted as well—I think you could make it all work

I thought the fight between Cheetah and Wonder Woman was really good in that film.

Veronica Cale, Cypher, Dr. Poison, Giganta and Silver Swann (The Villains Incorporated)

I actually liked her final design. I suspect the dark/washout out lighting was intention—lol maybe next time they’ll fight in a cave—but I was fine with the close-up shots too.

I actually liked her final design. I suspect the dark/washout out lighting was intention—lol maybe next time they’ll fight in a cave—but I was fine with the close-up shots too.

I think the close up/still shots looked great. Like the first close up on her face or later when she's watching the golden glow and covering her head. Those were the make up/prosthetic shots and they showed that the design was very cool and faithful to the comics, without being ugly.

I think the CGI Cheetah bouncing around was less stellar, but she didn't seem any worse than the rest of the CGI in the film and definitely wasn't the worst instance of it (that would be Wonder Woman catching the Arab kids). Also, if she comes back in the third they should really make her fur more orange instead of pale yellow/almost white. it blended in with the drab environment she was in. Ideally, we should also get some scenes of her in the daytime.

Her transformation can evolve over 40 years since 1984

ww84-statues.jpg

I highlighted this in my review aswell. Came across as thirsty perverts. Everyone eyeing up Diana and Barbara like a piece of meat really didn't sit well with me. It needs to be talked about more in my honest opinion. Disgusting :wall:

Honestly the make-up was underwhelming. They basically drew black lines on her face and put her in a fur suit. They could have made the facial markings look more organic than than just paint.

Honestly I agree with this, I like the way she looks but I think they could’ve done better than just some sprayed-on makeup. An ever so subtle layer of CGI fur might’ve been a good idea just for the close-up shots

Scene stealer for me, ironic considering the films themes but I just want more. She was so much fun

I highlighted this in my review aswell. Came across as thirsty perverts. Everyone eyeing up Diana and Barbara like a piece of meat really didn't sit well with me. It needs to be talked about more in my honest opinion. Disgusting :wall:
Yep. Guys were all over them like they had never seen an attractive woman before.

Barbara wasn't even unattractive to begin with. She was just awkward and wearing some understated clothes.

Barbara wasn't even unattractive to begin with. She was just awkward and wearing some understated clothes.

This is starting to be a little pet peeve of mine. Someone else mentioned this but it rings true: Michelle Pfeiffer, Uma Thurman, Wiig etc., are very attractive women no matter what clothing or hairstyle they have. The whole "I can walk in heels now and wear my hair crazy" villain turn is just boring and lazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"