Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Love Kristen Wiig. This is a different kind of role for her but hopefully she'll kick ass :up:.

Then I look forward to seeing Kristen's head superimposed onto a younger athlete's body.

David Thewlis is 54, Wiig is 44, both cannot be compared to each other.

A 44 year old is not 'old' but middle-aged.. So, doing minor action scenes is not a big deal, then there are professional stunt-women to do the dangerous action scenes.

Charlize Theron would have been my first choice (I know I'm not alone there). If she wasn't available I'd have hoped for Ali Larter. Both of them can play dangerous/edgy. Still, if Wiig does it I hope she turns out to be ideal.

She was really good in The Skeleton Twins and The Martian, which were more serious roles. Also her small but memorable and decidedly NOT comedic role in Mother! as well. She actually has a rather eclectic filmography overall.

Also comedy actors often are better at making the transition to drama than dramatic ones are to comedy. Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, John C. Reilly, heck even freaking Adam Sandler had a couple of pretty well-received dramatic turns (even if the movies didn't make a lot of money).

Around the net, people keep asking why they wouldn't cast someone more intense, sexier, etc...I think this casting is probably heavy on the "Barbara Minerva" of the character, which is the right move. You need to be able to feel for Barbara and her tragedy. Much of the point of the character is duality...Barbara is almost nothing like Cheetah in most incarnations.

You can make Cheetah work with an altered voice, stunt doubles, even CGI, etc. Not that Wiig is a slouch in the physicality department. She tends to be in good shape, and can move well, do pretty much any voice or facial movement there is. I can see that translating well to animalistic...so definitely willing to wait and see. She's a solid actress with good range. I think it's an intriguing choice.

Last edited:
Around the net, people keep asking why they wouldn't cast someone more intense, sexier, etc...I think this casting is probably heavy on the "Barbara Minerva" of the character, which is the right move. You need to be able to feel for Barbara and her tragedy. Much of the point of the character is duality...Barbara is almost nothing like Cheetah in most incarnations.

You can make Cheetah work with an altered voice, stunt doubles, even CGI, etc. Not that Wiig is a slouch in the physicality department. She tends to be in good shape, and can move well, do pretty much any voice or facial movement there is. I can see that translating well to animalistic...so definitely willing to wait and see. She's a solid actress with good range. I think it's an intriguing choice.

Yeah. I'm also old enough to remember the nerd rage when Gal Gadot was cast as WW. People said she couldn't act , that she wasn't buff enough, that they should have gone with Gina carano or Jamie Alexander, that she wasn't "hot" enough, that she had an accent etc.

Now those same people worship her as WW and have nerd rage at the idea of rebooting the DCEU and her WW.

David Thewlis is 54, Wiig is 44, both cannot be compared to each other.

A 44 year old is not 'old' but middle-aged.. So, doing minor action scenes is not a big deal, then there are professional stunt-women to do the dangerous action scenes.

So you're trying to tell me a frail looking 'middle-aged' woman can portray an athletic supervillain without cgi'ing her head onto a stunt woman with a more appropriate build? I will laugh my ass off if they have Wiig in full costume, no mo-cap.

Once again, the age difference between the two choices is really weird.

Stone - 29
Wiig - 44

I think my main problem with Wiig is her age.

So you're trying to tell me a frail looking 'middle-aged' woman can portray an athletic supervillain without cgi'ing her head onto a stunt woman with a more appropriate build? I will laugh my ass off if they have Wiig in full costume, no mo-cap.

Everyone's favorite actress Charlize Theron is 42 year old, who was recently seen doing action scenes in the movie Atomic Blonde, though I admit each actress has a different build, but, She (Kristen Wiig) can train a bit for the part.

So again, if she is physically fit, a 44 year old can do some action scenes as age didn't prevent other 42 year old actress from doing it.

I fine with the age difference. She's a year younger than Affleck, and fanboys seem to want him in the role forever.

To clear, I don't have some great love or preference for how Cheetah should look or be portrayed. I don't know or care how many different versions their were of her in the comics. My only concern would be if she can pull of the role as written in the script or how Jenkins wants it done.

I'm pretty much where the mainstream GA member is gonna be in terms of Wiig playing the part.

She's unknown character as far as they are concerned, and the backlash to her casting is gonna stay in fanboy circles.

Alot of the critques of her I heard with Tobey Maguire, Tom Holland, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway , and the list goes on and on. She may not even get the part, but if she does , I'll give her a chance.

Everyone's favorite actress Charlize Theron is 42 year old, who was recently seen doing action scenes in the movie Atomic Blonde, though I admit each actress has a different build, but, She (Kristen Wiig) can train a bit for the part.

So again, if she is physically fit, a 44 year old can do some action scenes as age didn't prevent other 42 year old actress from doing it.

Don't really like this comparison. Charlize was doing action long before Atomic Blonde. She has the experience.

Don't really like this comparison. Charlize was doing action long before Atomic Blonde. She has the experience.

She may have the experience doing action films but she may not fit the version of Cheetah as written in this script.

Even if Theron didn't have the action experience, that would count her out in terms of casting for this type of films at this point.

WB wanted Emma Stone and its not like she was a kickbutt action hero in the ASM films. If the reports were to be believed , the requirement to an actress who had action creds to play the role wasn't on the table to begin with.

Exactly which version of Cheetah do you think we're going to end up with that this would be neccessary? The original one who wears a "cheetah hood" or little earpieces from the Golden Age-Superfriends era, with Kristin Wiig inside?

Most modern versions of Cheetah have her transforming into an actual Cheetah creature who barely resembles the host, and looks more like an animal.

Given that, I'm fuzzy on what a "more appropriate build" for Cheetah even means in context. Kristin Wiigs isn't tall, but she's thin, so the illusion of "tall and thin" is possible on film. I seriously doubt they're going to paint cheetah designs on a naked woman. Whoever plays the part will likely be wearing either a suit designed to shape them into the character, or be augmented with CGI.

Again, Cheetah tends to be portrayed as a cheetah creature with a vaguely humanoid body in most recent interpretations, and for film, I'll bet they'll push the animal elements. They won't be satisified with a woman in a spandex cheetah suit.

Odds are pretty good they'll use some combination of stunt people and CGI.

Also, Kristin Wiig has a history of dance training. I'll wager she's also had a good bit of combat training over the years as well, given her acting background. From a physicality standpoint, she's hardly a minus for this role compared to other A list actresses.

Last edited:
Yeah Cheetah will most likely be a CGI/mo-cap version. Think more Caesar in the new Planet of the Apes movies as opposed to a woman in a Cheetah costume.

Also in regards to Wiig's age, as stated above she's only a couple of years older than Charlize, yet the latter's age has never come up as an issue.

She's in incredibly good shape for 44, and very physical as an actor. I don't see it being an issue in this film.

And if Cheetah was to be part of say, the Legion of Doom in future films, they could have the CGI mocap Cheetah, and not use Kristin Wiig other than maybe a voice element, etc.

She may have the experience doing action films but she may not fit the version of Cheetah as written in this script.

Even if Theron didn't have the action experience, that would count her out in terms of casting for this type of films at this point.

WB wanted Emma Stone and its not like she was a kickbutt action hero in the ASM films. If the reports were to be believed , the requirement to an actress who had action creds to play the role wasn't on the table to begin with.

I am not suggesting Charlize for the role of Cheetah. I was simply saying that nobody should compare Charlize doing action at 42 to Wiig doing action at 44. It's simply not a good comparison due to the fact that Charlize has a lot of experience doing action movies.

I am not suggesting Charlize for the role of Cheetah. I was simply saying that nobody should compare Charlize doing action at 42 to Wiig doing action at 44. It's simply not a good comparison due to the fact that Charlize has a lot of experience doing action movies.

She may have more experience doing action films by age 42 but than Wiig does at 44, but that doesn't mean an actress with less action experience can't pull of whatever the role demands for this film in the context of the film and script. That's what trainers and stunt coordinators are for.

Again, if this is issue that some people may be having is that "they should have gotten an actress with action experience" then that's on WB and Jenkins because they clearly weren't going to ever use that as a criteria to begin with given that they were looking at Emma Stone for the part first.

Keira Knightley was on your list
tenor.gif

Son, I always wanted a more curvy woman for Cheetah. Those british actresses I mentioned was mostly default.

Would you honestly believe Wiig doing the action sequences in Atomic Blonde? I sure as hell can't. No matter how much training she did. I'm hoping she will come through with the acting part and all, but the action bits is going to be a wait and see. I'm hoping it doesn't come off as a joke or cheesy.

You wouldn't need to be that old to remember that

Lol. I was pointing out the short term memory that fanboys seem to have , especially since they railed against Gadot four years ago and now they worship her in the role.

Lol. I was pointing out the short term memory that fanboys seem to have , especially since they railed against Gadot four years ago and now they worship her in the role.

I was on the Gadot train since the beginning. One had to be blind if they couldn't see her physically as WW, but Wiig on the other hand...We shall see. lol

I like her as an actress, but I just don’t see her in this role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"