Iron Man 3 Lack of Action? Iron Man 2 over again?

I'm actually curious, and I know people are going to kill me for this. What are your views on the avengers?

Hey! I like transformers! haha

well, mainly just the robots parts lol

Like them all you want but you have to admit, the plot's really not it's strong point.

Like them all you want but you have to admit, the plot's really not it's strong point.

agreed. I just think the robot fights look cool haha. Not much going on that's interesting on the human side.

i really like the first transformers. the other 2 are complete garbage, even from an action standpoint; too busy, can't tell what is going on, just a bunch of metal contorting against another bunch of metal.

I see people are still feeding the effing troll. Like I said before, keep feeding that thing and it'll treat this forum like a second home. Starve it and it'll find somewhere else to troll.

I see people are still feeding the effing troll. Like I said before, keep feeding that thing and it'll treat this forum like a second home. Starve it and it'll find somewhere else to troll.

but he's our friend, and he's fluffy and fun to pet and play with!

but he's our friend, and he's fluffy and fun to pet and play with!

You shouldn't play with trolls because they carry disease and pestilence. They're like komodo dragons -- it's not the bite itself that kills you, but all the filthy germs that come out of their mouths. :o

(Yes, I know komodos are venomous. :cwink:)

i really like the first transformers. the other 2 are complete garbage, even from an action standpoint; too busy, can't tell what is going on, just a bunch of metal contorting against another bunch of metal.

Considering those films consistently make a great deal more than most(including the masterpieces that make up this franchise). I'd have to wonder what's they are doing right.
It couldn't possibly be the strong plot's or characters. ILM does 3 movies a year and they don't all make TF money, 80's properties aren't really a sure thing...

Perhaps it's the impossible to make out "action" and impossible to "enjoy" direction. Who knows. I always find it grating when people bash TF for the one thing it's made all it's success on.

Anyways, I'm not sold on IM3 just yet. Seems like yet another Robot army movie with yet another semi self aware villain out to get Stark for his success. Only post Whedon, everything at marvel looks exciting again.

Looks like FFL got himself banned. Please folks let this be a lesson to all. Everyone's got opinions, but especially when you're new, don't go starting new threads on issues that can be discussed in one of the main threads. And when people don't agree with your assessment just agree to disagree.

Just like you said Iron Man 2 had alot action... You have no idea

I know he's banned, but this is hilarious, as I never said anything about iron man 2, in fact, the post he was responding to was my first post in this thread. What an idiot :funny:

Looks like FFL got himself banned. Please folks let this be a lesson to all. Everyone's got opinions, but especially when you're new, don't go starting new threads on issues that can be discussed in one of the main threads. And when people don't agree with your assessment just agree to disagree.
Reading his previous posts, he started off well in the video game and TASM 2 boards, but once he got here, it looks like his brain shut off.

Reading his previous posts, he started off well in the video game and TASM 2 boards, but once he got here, it looks like his brain shut off.

That happens to a lot of people when it comes to knee-jerk hatred of Marvel films.

so he's not a troll, just a hater trying to convince himself

Why is this thread still open? The OP was banned, end of story.

What did OP say to get banned?

Im just curious, not gonna go read all of his posts on here.

What did OP say to get banned?

Im just curious, not gonna go read all of his posts on here.
Nothing totally outrageous but was just going on and on about how the movie was just like IM2 and how crappy the trailer looked. Then he went into another thread and was continuing to complain about the CGI. Plus, his grammar was complete crap. Probably got reported for being nothing but a Debbie Downer-type troll.

Nothing totally outrageous but was just going on and on about how the movie was just like IM2 and how crappy the trailer looked. Then he went into another thread and was continuing to complain about the CGI. Plus, his grammar was complete crap. Probably got reported for being nothing but a Debbie Downer-type troll.

I'm all for people being debbie-downers about anything they please, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on everything. But when you combine it with no back up information and horrible grammar is where I draw the line.. (I'm a communications major so bad grammar secretly kills me haha.)

The key to me is the pacing and quality of the action, if the story around it isn't engaging enough to hold your interest between things blowing up then the action is merely padding and cover for an overall weak movie, the best action films compel the viewer between the action so that the action matters when it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"