Lars Mikkelsen is Grand Admiral Thrawn

Some interesting quotes from the producers/cast on Thrawn:

Kathy Kennedy:
“Kennedy thinks he's scary partly because he's a wildcard. “Because Timothy Zahn did such a spectacular job in writing those novels, I think that [Thrawn] might not be an obvious villain – by having this calm demeanour; by not having necessarily the attributes we’re used to [in] Vader and Palpatine. He’s unpredictable.”

MEW:

“Thrawn is terrifying because he’s so calculating, and he’s so cold... He’s brutal and manipulative and cunning; smart. I think Dave [Filoni] says it really well — he doesn’t have the Force but he doesn’t need it, and there’s something really frightening about that.”

Natasha Liu Bordizzo:

“I think he’s scary because you don’t necessarily hate him, it’s more like a misunderstanding. It’s complex. And he’s not just full of hate, he’s curious and there are layers to it which makes him more complicated.”

Lars Mikkelsen:

“He’s seven steps ahead of you the whole time so he’s got you figured out in every which way and that is always scary with an opponent that you can’t really beat.

I think he’s a good employer. He thrives on the creativity of his surroundings. He’s not beating down on people but he’s actually utilising what people have and isn’t that the best employer you can get? And of course power.”

Dave Filoni:

“He’s not like the other imperial officers. Because he knows his soldiers and that instils a sense of loyalty in them. I think they want to fight for him. That also makes him really dangerous. I think most stormtroopers feel disposable.

I don’t think they feel that as much when they’re working for Thrawn. I think they know that they’re working for a guy that can win and all these other imperials who send them to their death and just use them as numbers, he’s not doing that. He’s calculating. There’s a reason why he’s doing everything and I think that’s why he’s very effective as well.”

No need for unions when Thrawn is your boss. Good management keeps staff happy and motivated, ….and in this case efficient military machines. I love Thrawn’s “calm demeanour”. He can outwit them all at the long game.

Can't wait. lars's voice for Thrawn is chilling

So quiet and calm

Grand Admiral on the Bridge!
fec4ec9e4b3b496c5d6171e1e572a5f382572f59.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95