Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Wishful Thinking Thread

bluejake01 said:
When he shuts his yapper he is a funny character. He is a fool, and has the best slapstick accidentally heroic antics in the PT...better than the threepio crap in the climax of AOTC
I'm quite surprised but it's interesting to hear more voices of support for him.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I'm quite surprised but it's interesting to hear more voices of support for him.
I'm one of the rare people that felt that Phantom Menace was a much better Star Wars film that AOTC or ROTS...it was more in the spirit of the originals and was very fun...It's not like I liked Jar-Jar, I just didn't really hate him...and liked him a lot more the less he spoke. Jake Lloyd was far worse than Jar-Jar

bluejake01 said:
I'm one of the rare people that felt that Phantom Menace was a much better Star Wars film that AOTC or ROTS...it was more in the spirit of the originals and was very fun...It's not like I liked Jar-Jar, I just didn't really hate him...and liked him a lot more the less he spoke. Jake Lloyd was far worse than Jar-Jar
Having TPM as a favourite of the prequels is certainly rare although many others also dislike AOTC. Also, like TPM, the spirit of A New Hope and parts of ROTJ are very much upbeat. If Jar Jar never spoke it would definitely have changed my opinion of him and possibly the film to an extent. The problem is that he did speak, and every word was like a drill to my eardrums. To have to put up with both a speaking Jar Jar and Lloyd in the same film totally ruined it for me even though there were some redeeming parts.

bluejake01 said:

Actually, I feel that TPM was so much better than those two. It's my favorite of the three. Neeson owns, even Jar-Jar.

All the sigs on this page are fantastic.

I did "like" TPM a lot more than AOTC. Lucas just replaced Jar-Jar with Threepio, which, if it isn't just as bad, it's worst. not to mention he ruined Boba Fett and introduced Hayden Christensen and that god-awful excuse of a love story.

as for ROTS... Christensen's just as bad as Lloyd, acting wise. the character wasn't as annoying though. plus, they turned Artoo into a f***in ninja and the battle droids into a bunch of clowns.

there's not a single complaint one can make about TPM that you can't apply to the other ones. at least with TPM, as bluejake and Edd said, felt a lot closer to the spirit of the OT than the other two.

hell, I've watched a few fan edits of the PT. TPM was the only one that actually became a rather enjoyable movie because of it. no amount of editing could save the other two from sucking donkey balls.

TPM is indeed better than the other two. Only one thing: Christensen isn't a bad actor. I blame his performance on Lucas and Lucas alone. B/c he is an up and coming actor, I don't think he felt it was his place to question Lucas, which is why the bad acting ensued.

Edd Extraordinaire said:
TPM is indeed better than the other two. Only one thing: Christensen isn't a bad actor. I blame his performance on Lucas and Lucas alone. B/c he is an up and coming actor, I don't think he felt it was his place to question Lucas, which is why the bad acting ensued.
Save for Liam Neeson and Christopher Lee, no one was able to pull out a solid performance.

Yeah, TPM is probably the best. I still hate ROTS the most out of any of them. :o

CConn said:
Save for Liam Neeson and Christopher Lee, no one was able to pull out a solid performance.

Yeah, TPM is probably the best. I still hate ROTS the most out of any of them. :o

Well that is because Neeson and Lee are accomplished actors and knew what to do. They weren't going to let Lucas bully them around.

Oh yeah. It's really hilarious to think you'd need 30 years of acting experience to be able to overcome Lucas' ineptitude. :o

CConn said:
Oh yeah. It's really hilarious to think you'd need 30 years of acting experience to be able to overcome Lucas' ineptitude. :o
:up: With foresight, all parts should have gone to over 45s, especially young Darth Vader in TPM.

Whoa, whoa. Random thought:

They should've started the trilogy with a mature (but still teenaged) Anakin Skywalker. With Obi-Wan as a more Qui-Gon type guy...maybe. And have Anakin be all brave and respectable and ****.

End random thought.

That's good but this is better:

CConn said:
TPM should've been nothing but 2 hours of Liam Neeson and Darth Maul.

Y'know, they could meet, fight a little bit, maybe go bowling, get a cup of coffee, and then be back in time for a really cool double death scene.

Beaten by myself. :(

Quite odd considering there's not an off in the middle of that sentence. :confused:

Edd Extraordinaire said:

oh, I definitely know. he was great in Life As A House and Shattered Glass. and it's a shame, really. he COULD have made a great Anakin, if only he had the kind of director who would tell him to play it down.

sad, really. Lucas had some amazing talent in front of the cameras. Natalie Portman is definitely one of the finest actresses of her generation (and I mean that in every way), but she's just horribly wasted.

Ewan's an amazing actor too, but he wasn't a complete waste. I did think he was actually good in ROTS. too bad the movie surrounding him didn't help.

Since the initial focus of this thread was the Thrawn Trilogy (sequel stories to the Original Star Wars Trilogy), I thought some of you might be interested in this: http://sequeltrilogy.blogspot.com/

These films aren't based off of the Thrawn Trilogy or any other books / comic books from the Expanded Universe, but they are sequels to the Original Star Wars Trilogy.

JackBauer said:
oh, I definitely know. he was great in Life As A House and Shattered Glass. and it's a shame, really. he COULD have made a great Anakin, if only he had the kind of director who would tell him to play it down.

sad, really. Lucas had some amazing talent in front of the cameras. Natalie Portman is definitely one of the finest actresses of her generation (and I mean that in every way), but she's just horribly wasted.

Ewan's an amazing actor too, but he wasn't a complete waste. I did think he was actually good in ROTS. too bad the movie surrounding him didn't help.

Ewan was the best part of ROTS.

Edd Extraordinaire said:
If the Thrawn trilogy were to be adapted into the next trilogy of Star Wars movies, and to be directed and adapted by people who can actually direct and write dialogue, who would you choose? Also, who would you re-cast and cast for new roles?
It would be the worst Idea EVER!! Most EU novels are lousy to start. Second, While Zahn probably wrote some of the Better novels, that really isn't saying much. Much the character development was disappointing. Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin being phased out. Leia and Han being so overly domesticated, was poorly handled.(I would have killed to see Leia become a full fledged Jedi Like Luke thus they would be equals) Luke was ok. The weakest character introduced in the Novel is Joruus C'Boath.

The there is Zahn's Rationalizing of the Clone Wars, which directly contradicts what we see in the prequels.

Edd Extraordinaire said:
Are you insane. These would be much better movies than the prequels. At least they're written better.
That's laughable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"