• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Lationo Review reviews Wolverine script

danoyse said:
It would be too early for Rogue--she was just a kid when they met in the bar. But I can see the Professor or Magneto (since he has a spinoff planned as well) figuring into it somehow.

well, itd be great to have it ENDING with the bar :) :up:

hm... i really dont see y many people have such a beef for the bone claws.

cause wasnt it explained later in the comics that they are bone and was plated?

and the argument saying it doesnt make sense for it to be bone since the movie shows the claws are flat, well news flash... its flat in the comics/cartoon also... and Stryker saying "[...] i just gave u claws" it can easily be interupted metaphorically or saying that i just plated them or whatever

iono but i like the bone claws

sc12een17am3 said:
hm... i really dont see y many people have such a beef for the bone claws.

cause wasnt it explained later in the comics that they are bone and was plated?

and the argument saying it doesnt make sense for it to be bone since the movie shows the claws are flat, well news flash... its flat in the comics/cartoon also... and Stryker saying "[...] i just gave u claws" it can easily be interupted metaphorically or saying that i just plated them or whatever

iono but i like the bone claws

I agree.

People complaining they can't be bone because in the movies they are flat make me despair at humanity....that has to be the dumbest complaint ever.

your watching a movie where people fire lasers from their eyes and skin turns metal, and you can't suspend your disbelief for that?

sometimes people's stupidity saddens me :(

i always loved the bone claws in the comics. it was great when mags extracted the adamantium, almost killing wolverine in the process. i just hope the bone claws aren't smooth. they should be jagged and look like deformed bone extensions. i know it doesn't really make sense with the x-men movies. since x-men showed springs in wolverine's x-rays i thought they were going with the idea that his claws were implanted and not natural. the review did say that sabretooth broke his bone claws and that his healing factor could keep up with the damage sabs was doing to him. there is a chance he loses his claws and stryker gives them back to him. and when i said the thing about rogue being in it i was talking about when fox thought it should be a continuation of the x-men movies not a prequel. this was before production of x3.

Horrorfan said:
I agree.

People complaining they can't be bone because in the movies they are flat make me despair at humanity....that has to be the dumbest complaint ever.

your watching a movie where people fire lasers from their eyes and skin turns metal, and you can't suspend your disbelief for that?

sometimes people's stupidity saddens me :(

:up: :D

Unfortunately fanboys are losers without a woman and a social life: get out from mum's basement...

emi said:
:up: :D

Unfortunately fanboys are losers without a woman and a social life: get out from mum's basement...

well real fanboys know that wolverine has bone claws. so i guess you're talking about the movie's fanboys? those would be the general movie goers, who think what was on film is directly translated from the comic book. i could care less what they do as long as its a good movie that will be worth seeing in the theatre.

Avalanche said:
Why does everyone dislike the bone claws so much? I'm not up on my comics.

Because Marvel does nothing but continue to mess with the continuity they've written. Trying to follow the story of Wolverine is like a walking a map that goes in circles. Back when Marvel Comics presents was a top drawer comic we were given the true story of Weapon X. Then, nearly a decade and a half later when the editors and writers thought it white hot, Magneto pulled the Adamantium from Logan and out of nowhere we discover(only after reading 20 yrs. of Logan)that his claws weren't only put in by the Canuck scientist dream team but also a part of his mutation. From early on. Though we only learn of it now. LAME.
Claws were put in as a form of weapons. It's not a mutation. But hey-no matter. It's like Magneto being killed, mindwiped, rendered ineffective a dozen times. Sure he'll come back again too.
Thank gosh for Whedon or I'd be out of here.

^Yea I don't like bone claws either. They were just a lame excuse to keep the Logan character alive and able to fight.

Damn, I got too late, it has been taken down :(

Did anyone save it? A PM with the review would make me so happy...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it online :p

Kanon said:
Damn, I got too late, it has been taken down :(

Did anyone save it? A PM with the review would make me so happy...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it online :p

perhaps you could PM it to me Kanon? or PM me the link from which you got the review? thanks.

So, could the character that they wanted on The Last Stand be the Blob? or Wraith?

Kanon said:
So, could the character that they wanted on The Last Stand be the Blob? or Wraith?
It had better not be the Blob. It had better be Omega Red.

TheJaberwock said:
perhaps you could PM it to me Kanon? or PM me the link from which you got the review? thanks.

Yeah me too, if you can?

chaseter said:
But if you think about it, The Blob and Wraith roles fit easily in The Last Stand, as a brotherhood member and government official.

Kanon said:

well blob was in the last stand so by prosses of elimination i cant be him lol

Kanon said:
But if you think about it, The Blob and Wraith roles fit easily in The Last Stand, as a brotherhood member and government official.
But how does the Blob fit in to Wolverine's story better than Omega Red???

yes it was phat BUT apprently blob was there to.A young blob was in the first one also.

chaseter said:

It wasn't... pray for sequels... sad to see my favorite villain never in an Xmen film as of yet...

Can someone please explain it to me in point form?? I have no time to read. Too long.

Wolverine is a regular guy with claws... Styker tries to recruit him... Sabertooth kills his girl to get him pissed... he agrees to work with Stryker and go through the experiment... everyone from the original team X is in... Blob and Barberus are others involved... God knows why

chaseter said:
But how does the Blob fit in to Wolverine's story better than Omega Red???
He doesn't :p but Blob fits in The Last Stand story a lot better than Omega Red, so is more likely to be wanted in TLS... Still, I don't know why would they want to preserve Blob for Wolverine instead...
The good thing is that Blob's origin would be similar to comics, if I'm not mistaken, there is an scene in a circus, carnival or similar in that review.

Kanon said:
He doesn't :p but Blob fits in The Last Stand story a lot better than Omega Red, so is more likely to be wanted in TLS... Still, I don't know why would they want to preserve Blob for Wolverine instead...
The good thing is that Blob's origin would be similar to comics, if I'm not mistaken, there is an scene in a circus, carnival or similar in that review.

huh? are you talking about the review that used to be on latinoreview? there wasn't a carnival or circus scene anywhere in that review. no one needs an origin in the wolverine movie except wolverine.

on a side note blob would not be a useful member of x:tls's brotherhood. they already have juggs. i know that blob was a member, but i don't remember seeing mastermind, quicksilver, or scarlet witch anywhere. and imo they were a whole lot more useful than blob.

i think all of you are making mountains out of mole hills. the review never said that blob or barbarus were integral to the plot, but it didn't say that they wouldn't be either. i think they are just cameos. who really needs them? they already have team x so they shouldn't stray from the group that wolverine was in.

where was phat in last stand?

it was awesome to see spyke from x men evolution :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"