Lee Pace is Ronan

Webfoot Hero

West Coaster
Reaction score
As many have asked for, Lee Pace is reprising his role of Ronan from GOTG in Captain Marvel. Looks like we're getting the most meaningful characters for the Kree-Skrull War.

This is great news. Such a good idea to set this movie in the past.

This was something I badly wanted. I very much want to see Carol throw down with Ronan! I think Ronan was a very underrated villain, but none of the Guardians were any physical threat to Ronan, so I feel like we didn't get to seem him REALLY let loose his power. He simply never had to. I want to see what he is really capable of in this movie, and I think this can enrich his history by showing us Ronan before he became a fanatical galactic terrorist.

Hopefully dancing isn't the cause of his downfall in this one.

This was something I badly wanted. I very much want to see Carol throw down with Ronan! I think Ronan was a very underrated villain, but none of the Guardians were any physical threat to Ronan, so I feel like we didn't get to seem him REALLY let loose his power. He simply never had to. I want to see what he is really capable of in this movie, and I think this can enrich his history by showing us Ronan before he became a fanatical galactic terrorist.
I see him being a tenable ally to Carol who eventually shows off his dark side and either leaves or is banished from the Kree Empire.

Was hoping he'd return in this. Good to see it's confirmed

Oh come on, that scene is fantastic!!!

I see him being a tenable ally to Carol who eventually shows off his dark side and either leaves or is banished from the Kree Empire.

I agree. The Kree likely will start the movie as the "heroes" of the Kree/Skrull war that is going on, only for their true intent to shine through late in the film. But, either way, throwdown must happen! :cmad:

I thought his motive was weak in GOTG, but now we will see what actually happen. This appearance will give GOTG more replay value as well.

As many have asked for, Lee Pace is reprising his role of Ronan from GOTG in Captain Marvel. Looks like we're getting the most meaningful characters for the Kree-Skrull War.

SO psyched for this. Really enjoy Lee Pace, it'll be nice to see him do more with the character. Hopefully we get a decent fight scene with him involved.

Great news. Hope they add some depth to this character.

It's cool that he's back... well, sort of. Now, let's hope they can find a way to recreate this scene.

tumblr_oghf13MyPu1rvm5qqo7_1280.jpg

Third and fourth panels... funny stuff.

Hopefully now people will stop lumping Ronan in among the worst MCU villains.

:funny:

I almost want this to happen just because I want to see Brie dancing in her full CM costume glory.

Hopefully now people will stop lumping Ronan in among the worst MCU villains.

Agreed. I liked Ronan a lot in GotG. I feel like him, Red Skull, and Ultron are severely underrated villains.

I'm glad about this. Really hope this gives an opportunity to elevate Ronan up the villain tier.

:funny:

I almost want this to happen just because I want to see Brie dancing in her full CM costume glory.

:woot: Maybe for an after-credits scene.

This is the great thing about the MCU.
Ronan was a pretty standard, run of the mill villain. But with this huge expanding universe, you can bring back a character and, with a bit of forethought, can give them a second lease of life.

If Ronan is fleshed out in this, it can make his appearance in GotG even better.

Wonder if his look will stay the same or if it'll change a little bit.

I REALLY hope we get a characterization here that's more in line with the comics. This is the perfect 2nd chance opportunity for an awesome character from the comics who got the short end of the stick in the movies. Hopefully they run with it.

And don't waste Lee Pace. He's awesome too.

This is the great thing about the MCU.
Ronan was a pretty standard, run of the mill villain. But with this huge expanding universe, you can bring back a character and, with a bit of forethought, can give them a second lease of life.

If Ronan is fleshed out in this, it can make his appearance in GotG even better.

Agreed. They can look at anything that didn’t quite go to plan and correct it down the line.

This is crazy news. He was serviceable as the over-the-top bad guy in GOTG but like you guys have said, here's hoping he gets a meatier role this time around.

Wonder if his look will stay the same or if it'll change a little bit.

It'll definitely change a little bit. Marvel has done so for basically every character in every movie thus far.

It'll definitely change a little bit. Marvel has done so for basically every character in every movie thus far.

Gotta sell the toys :oldrazz:

Saw some speculating the Ronan in Guardians could be a Skrull. Don't think it's too likely but could make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"