Lee Pace is Ronan

I really like the way he was written by abnett during annihilation though. Like he’s got his own code of ethics and idea of nobility. I reckon there’s definitely a lot more you can do with him

Annihilation made me love Ronan as a character, and then Conquest, War Of Kings and The Annihilators run just made me love him even more. I actually liked him a lot in Guardians, but thought him dying was disappointing.

I was hoping they would bring back some way which is why I am so excited he is this.

If Marvel’s plan is to go more cosmic after Avengers 4 though, they need to find a way to bring him back in modern times. As a cosmic universe just wouldn’t seem right without Ronan in it.

Annihilation made me love Ronan as a character, and then Conquest, War Of Kings and The Annihilators run just made me love him even more. I actually liked him a lot in Guardians, but thought him dying was disappointing.

I was hoping they would bring back some way which is why I am so excited he is this.

If Marvel’s plan is to go more cosmic after Avengers 4 though, they need to find a way to bring him back in modern times. As a cosmic universe just wouldn’t seem right without Ronan in it.

There are plenty of cosmic characters not yet covered in the MCU, partially because of the FF embargo. Once those reigns are loosened, there will be no shortage of cosmic characters to introduce. Not sure we need to resurrect Ronan. I think between GotG and CM, it will feel complete for him.

There are plenty of cosmic characters not yet covered in the MCU, partially because of the FF embargo. Once those reigns are loosened, there will be no shortage of cosmic characters to introduce. Not sure we need to resurrect Ronan. I think between GotG and CM, it will feel complete for him.

While you are right there is indeed plenty of other characters to introduce, I just feel a cosmic universe without a great character like a Ronan would be a waste.

For example, imagine we get an Annihilation trilogy, I wouldn’t want to see that storyline without Ronan personally speaking.

Yeah having a huge cast including Ronan would be awesome. Not having him would be like lord of the rings without Aragorn but I suppose what’s done is done. I’m not a fan of killing off characters and bringing them back as often as it happens in the comics

It's more Gunn's handling of the Kree overall that sort of bugs me. Kree shouldn't be signing goddamn peace treaties or coming off as just really advanced humans. Needed all of that warrior-race conqueror stuff in play.
We really didn't see much about the Kree though so I am not going to hold Gunn for that. We just know they signed a treaty and the one Kree that talked to Glenn Close character.

We really didn't see much about the Kree though so I am not going to hold Gunn for that. We just know they signed a treaty and the one Kree that talked to Glenn Close character.

Yep. And that's what I'm getting at, the dude just came off as some United Nations type with a blue face. :woot:

At least on AoS there's some of that comics warrior-conqueror feel to them. Basically ALL of the Kree should be like Ronan was in Guardians, fanatics. Death over peace and all that jazz.

Yeah having a huge cast including Ronan would be awesome. Not having him would be like lord of the rings without Aragorn but I suppose what’s done is done. I’m not a fan of killing off characters and bringing them back as often as it happens in the comics

THats a good analogy and Annihilation just wouldn’t be the same without Ronan.

I normally agree on killing off characters and bringing them back, but for Ronan I would make an exception.

I wonder if they will update ronan’s look in this one? Here’s what he looked like in the ‘90s

So pretty similar to what we saw in the movies. I could see them being inspired by chip hazard or even video games like quake for his new look though

I could go with a little more green for Ronan's look this time around, yeah. Probably keep it darker than the books though, by a little, keep a little bit of quasi-consistency to his Guardians appearance. Don't want to mix it up too much.

Yeah he should be recognisable but not as dark I don’t think. The marvel u has been around a bit now and they don’t have to convince people as much that things are mature. Plus it’s the 90s

I wouldn't be surprised if they have Ronan wearing a green uniform to begin but he eventually turns against the Kree and goes toward a darker, non-Kree specific uniform to highlight him leaving or being banished.

That would be cool. Just some character growth from here to guardians would be amazing

Yea I wonder if he'll be portrayed as an ally here. Perhaps what happens in this movie is what drives him to extremism. Perhaps it is Skrulls posing as Xandarians?

Good question. I’ve been reading a lot about British nazis and there’s a similarity between their gernam counterparts just after the war. Basically they were quite popular with the nobility because they knew the empire days were ending and they wanted someone to (sorry to be a bit obvious here) make the British empire/Germany great again.

Maybe ronan at the starts believes he’s heading for the good life but the Kree are on the decline. By the end he becomes fanatical because he wants to make the Kree great again, especially if earth/carol or the skrulls embarrass his honour

I definitely want to see ronan at the peak of the Kree Empire. Lots of medals, parades in his honour etc. maybe they won’t need to synthesise his voice so much so we can actually understand him this time?

Good question. I’ve been reading a lot about British nazis and there’s a similarity between their gernam counterparts just after the war. Basically they were quite popular with the nobility because they knew the empire days were ending and they wanted someone to (sorry to be a bit obvious here) make the British empire/Germany great again.

Maybe ronan at the starts believes he’s heading for the good life but the Kree are on the decline. By the end he becomes fanatical because he wants to make the Kree great again, especially if earth/carol or the skrulls embarrass his honour

I am sorry, but this just made me laugh. Now I want a "Make the Kree Great Again!" t-shirt and hat! :hehe:

The problem I have with that is all Kree are supposed to be fanatical, I guess Mar-Vell aside.

I love Gunn and all, but he really dropped the ball with that in Guardians, just portraying them as uber-advanced blue humans. Where's the "join or die, mother****ers!" part of 'em? They're all supposed to like that, Ronan's just their big all-hailed star quarterback guy of the Kree football team.

I'm not sure how you introduce the Supreme Intelligence and square that with Ronan's higher-ups having signed a freakin' peace treaty. Maybe the Intelligence is killed off in Carol's movie or something, the military brass types kind of soften/moderate in the wake of that, while Ronan's loyal to what they were under the Intelligence?

I kind of see the structure as the supreme intelligence is like the prime minister, ronan is the general. Mar-vell is the celebrity soldier, like Daniel bruhl’s Character in inglorious basterds

I am sorry, but this just made me laugh. Now I want a "Make the Kree Great Again!" t-shirt and hat! :hehe:

Haha no please go ahead! Laugh all you want, these forums are meant to be fun

Looks like they gave him a more comic-accurate uniform that what he wore in GOTG.
opw-16329_r-2.jpg

I'm so happy to see Lee Pace reprising his role as Ronan in Capt. Marvel, and perhaps this time they will give him more depth and character development than he got in GOTG (sorry James Gunn, but you dropped the ball on Ronan the Accuser). Personally, I wish there's a way to bring him back after IW, consequences be damned!

Aww they didn’t change the look. I guess they wanted him recognisable.

I hope he washes that armour if he’s been wearing the same armour for 30 years almost. Must reek of sweat

I hope he washes that armour if he’s been wearing the same armour for 30 years almost. Must reek of sweat
Actually, if you look closely, it's different armor. It's just...the same style. Guess the man doesn't care about fashion trends, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"