Lee Pace is Ronan

Yeah I expect him to have darth Vader in rogue one type screentime

Lol even HE describes his role here as "making an appearance," so I'm thinking he's got 2 or 3 scenes tops.

I'm fine with that, so long as he makes an impact.

Ronan will probably be killing people but hope there is a fight scene between him and Carol

Seems his role is really small which is a bit disappointing, but I guess the movie has a lot to cover

Sounds like they MAY be saving their Carol vs. Ronan one-on-one showdown for Endgame.

So he does have a pretty small role in this after all? Can't say I'm surprised considering how much of the marketing he isn't in, but him being in it is still pretty damn cool IMO.

I don't think anyone ever expected him to have a huge role or anything. More like Vader in Rogue One, just this big presence looming above the Kree side of things. That'll be fine.

In the trailers, All I ever saw was the back of his head.

Sounds like they MAY be saving their Carol vs. Ronan one-on-one showdown for Endgame.

How? He’s dead[/quote]

How? He’s dead
There are a couple "leaks" that talk about time-traveling to do...something with the Infinity Stones at points in their shared histories when they know where they are before Thanos got 'em. So they split up into teams. Some go back to the Battle of NY to handle the Tesseract and the Mind Stone, while another group, which includes Carol, goes back to Knowhere to take care of the Reality Stone and Power Stone, when the Collector is explaining the Infinity Stones to the Guardians and Ronan's forces attack. Carol supposedly holds the fort against Ronan and his forces while the others get the job done with the stones.
But I mean there's a 75% chance those leaks were BS, so who knows.

Yeah I expect him to have darth Vader in rogue one type screentime

Pretty much spot on here. That’s cool. It’s a shame Ronan was killed off in guardians because there’s still so much you can do with him

Pretty much spot on here. That’s cool. It’s a shame Ronan was killed off in guardians because there’s still so much you can do with him
I don't even think you can say it was Rogue One Vader level. Ronan wasn't even that involved. Vader at least got a couple awesome scenes. Ronan had...a couple scenes.

It was an unnecessary forced connection to the larger universe that added nothing of value. If we had seen how Korath joined up with Ronan, that would have been interesting.

B0iNioV.jpg

Yeah, I was very disappointed in his role here. Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I just love the character so much, I'd hoped they'd try and fix the mess GOTG made of him.

I think if they made Ronan more of a central villain, it would've been more rewarding.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's back for the sequel in a bigger capacity. Assuming it still takes place in the late 90's

Yeah, well. He would be so perfect for an Inhumans movie. And I still want to see annihilation on the big screen

Well that was a waste. Totally not needed in this movie AT ALL. Neither added to the story or would've taken away from it had they omitted this "cameo". Could've put literally anyone in his place or even scrapped these scenes all together and you would not miss a beat in the film.

But I guess you know.... World building and connecting so... Yea, this felt like a false advertisement having him in commercials and magazines as if he was SOME BIG BAD. (Shrugs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"