• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

I didn't bother with FFXIII-2 because of all the downloadable content. If they packaged it all up in a cheaper "GAME OF THE YEAR" edition or something I may bother with it again.

well the title isnt FF XIII-3; its Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Guessing SE thought it would be too ridiculous attaching a 3 to the end of this

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Has A World That Changes In Real Time

By Spencer . December 3, 2012 . 1:37pmLightning has 13 days to save the world in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. While Lightning tries to change the future, the world moves at its own pace with a 24 hour clock and day/night cycle. Toriyama said “time management” was one of the key systems in Lightning Returns.

source:siliconera

This is to be expected, wasn't XIII-2's ending basically, "To be continued,"?

I haven't played FF XIII because frankly I thought it both looked and sounded ridiculous and felt like a cheap attempt to recapture the glory of FFVII. I really wish Square would stop pushing it though and move on. They are almost desperate to turn Lightning into Cloud Strife with boobs and make her their new company icon. Just move on already. :(

I haven't played FF XIII because frankly I thought it both looked and sounded ridiculous and felt like a cheap attempt to recapture the glory of FFVII. I really wish Square would stop pushing it though and move on. They are almost desperate to turn Lightning into Cloud Strife with boobs and make her their new company icon. Just move on already. :(
yeah it was but it was already hinted at even before that with in the game with what hope said on wanting to bring back Vinille and fang. and hinted through what gt put up trailer wise. they were planning to drag it out and didn't hide that fact from the jump.

you aren't missing much besides complete frustration

...and every design is worse than the last.

How else are they going to sell costume change DLC?

Remember the good old days when Final Fantasy was a game to look forward to?

I do............:csad:

at this point, I'm tired of everything XIII related ( including Versus, which isn't even out.........lol ).

the online only MMOs like XIV don't interest me.

so I'm now more interested in whatever XV will bring........

and speaking of Final Fantasy, who here would like for them to make an open-world, create your own character, choose your job/class, single-player FF game?

I look at the online games like XI and XIV, and see that you can create your own characters, choose your race, choose your job/class, etc., and ask why can't they bring that to a single-player game........

I wish Square would do like Capcom did with DmC and outsource FF to an outside studio

Trailer thoughts:

• I watched the trailer with the sound off to avoid direct spoilers when the CGI was on, then turned it on for the battle scenes. I'm guessing there's a sort of babbling monologue that doesn't make sense, which would be typical.
  • I'm not one of those people that absolutely must have the best graphics in the world, but everything has this really flat look to it. And the framerate is a step backwards. It's early I suppose, but looks like an upscaled XBOX game from 10 years ago or an upscaled PSP game.
  • Getting a Dirge of Cerberus vibe here. Remember that?
  • Don't like Lightning's outfit.
  • Crappy sword slashing sound effect.
  • Oh boy, from a 3 human character party in FFXIII, to a 2 human character party in FFXIII-2 (unless you buy DLC) with a rotating monster, to a 1 character non-party in this game. How much strategy is there going to be?
  • Recycled monster models from FFXIII-2, which were originally in FFXIII.
  • I have no idea when this game is coming out or how close to completion it is (is this really early footage?.)

Overall impression: not good

And I say this as a defender of FFXIII, and someone who just recently got to the end of FFXIII-2 because I found a deal to get it for less than $10 before shipping cost (that game is 2 steps forward, 2 steps backward from FFXIII, in my opinion.)

Last edited:
I watched the trailer for this out of sheer morbid curiosity. Jesus Christ. What is Square even doing anymore?

They released the trailer today. It's 40 seconds longer than the leaked trailer. I still don't see anything to get excited about, it looks like a water-down, recycled version of the previous two games. The geometry of the graphics is that everything non-character is flat and/or shaped like a square. It'll probably be crammed with microtransaction DLC.

I know, right? What makes XIII so much more desirable as to warrant more sequels? I know VII used to be massively popular, and got the film, and the sequel, and prequel and such. But XIII I havent heard a lot of good about, and it just seems like they are going to continue running it into the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"