• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
Final Fantasy Fighting Game Gets A Sequel Struck By Lightning

Square Enix has revealed the follow-up to its portable Final Fantasy fighting game, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, in the latest issue of Japanese magazine Weekly Shonen Jump.

That game is the somewhat clumsily titled Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy, a PlayStation Portable release planned for release sometime in 2011, the magazine reveals. (The logo looks like Dissidia [duodecim] 012: Final Fantasy, so just a touch awkward, but regardless of the full title, it'll be fun to say out loud.)

Fans of the original PSP game will likely be excited by the roster additions in Dissidia Duodecim. Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and Kain from Final Fantasy IV appear to be confirmed, going by the new issue of Jump.

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy may be making an appearance at next week's Tokyo Game Show, so we'll see if the sequel to 2008's Dissidia: Final Fantasy is still like doing your taxes on the moon.

Kotaku

Last edited:
Cool. Can FFXII get better representation now?

Cool. Can FFXII get better representation now?
To be honest it really doesn't deserve it, IMO. I've tried numerous times to get into it, and it's probably my least favorite entry in the series.

To be honest it really doesn't deserve it, IMO. I've tried numerous times to get into it, and it's probably my least favorite entry in the series.
say what you will about FFXII, it had some amazing characters. Ashe, Basch, Balthier and Dr. Cid are among my favorites in the entire franchise. At least one of them needs to be in this game

I liked XIII. I don't like the linearity, and the fact that you can't really up your stats to the full extent until after you finish the game :(.

But the overall story, art design, and character development was great, and the BATTLE SYSTEM IS AWESOME.

Nice. I'm really looking forward to this. Easily one of the best games I got for the PSP.

Square Enix released new screens of the PSP combat action game Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy, showing Cain Highwind from FFIV, Lightning from FFXIII and other Final Fantasy characters in action. When you play as Lightning, you can toggle between 3 paradigms / battle sytles: Medic [Healer], Commando [Attacker] and Ravager [Blaster] by pressing L + R, just like in FFXIII, each style will have varied moves. Lightning can also stagger an opponent with a series of fast moves. Lightning's EX Move is the Odin summon, you can use the Drive Mode to turn Odin into the horse and perform the same moves as in FFXIII.

Cain has the dragoon ability Jump, he can use this move to evade opponent attacks and counter attack at once; Cain can also change the jump velocity and arc, or cancel the jump in mid-air.

There is a new Character Summon system, which allows you to call a partner into the battle for assistance in limited time. Now you can create your dream teams like Cloud + Sephiroth.

The-Magicbox

Tifa is in! :awesome:

[YT]NnU0N__-Plk[/YT]

A couple scans with some new stuff. Cloud gets his Kingdom Hearts get-up. ^_^

Vaan from FFXII will be playable: http://psp.ign.com/articles/113/1133322p1.html

I said I wanted some FF XIII love but instead they go and put that whiny little brat in? Come on, the game had some great characters. Ashe, Balthier or Basche should have been definites. Vaan? Not so much. Plus, aesthetically, he looks very similar to Tidus. I was hoping for someone who had a more varied look. Id love it though if the villian from the game added was Dr. Cid. He also rocked

dr-cid.jpg

Last edited:
Vaan... :dry: Well, at least we still have the Judge. But honestly, they should have used Ashe. Not only is she better and more important, she would've also increased the female quota in the game.

Here's a scan of that punk Vaan.

Makes me think of that one comic strip from Penny Arcade.

That's what I'll be doing with Vaan once I got the game. :cmad:

Feel The Drama, The Lightning of Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

[YT]N1irjosrI6g[/YT]​

Square Enix's next Final Fantasy fighting game for the PSP will, at the very least, have some very handsome cinematics stuffed onto a UMD, as proven by the latest Japanese trailer for Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy.

See new contenders and old favorites from Final Fantasy games new and old in the newest trailer for the PlayStation Portable game, which was recently shown at the Jump Festa 2011 event. Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy is due to hit PSPs in Japan and Europe in March, with Square Enix currently dating the game for North America during the spring.

Kotaku

surprised that this might come out in Europe before NA. Usually its the other way around for FF games

Looks like we got Yuna showing up in this too.

So, did anyone buy this already? I love Kain.

I didn't even realize it was out yet until I spotted it when I was in Gamestop the other day.

I have to admit, Square-Enix got me by the balls with some of their DLC for the game. I love the Kingdom Hearts outfits for Squall, Cloud and Sephiroth. It's too bad you can't select the DLC costumes for the opponent.

Late to the party.

Thought Duodecim was a worthy sequel to Dissidia though the story for Duodecim is unfortunately short. I liked what came up but it focused too much on the new characters and with little interaction with the old ones.

Gameplay wise they've stepped it up, the assist system is far better than I thought it would have been.

I was in this game for Tifa and I got that; she at first seemed like the worst character but once that Feint system started making sense to me I realized she was quite good.

Squall is still my main and surprisingly I beat Feral Chaos with him with little to no trouble.

Did anyone perhaps get the story? About Cid, Garland, Chaos and Cosmos?

I enjoyed reading the reports and learning about the prequel to I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"