Lois should just help Clark develop the Superman identity

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
IMO, Lois should just be in cahoots with Clark about Superman the whole time. The relationship is other media has worked with Lois knowing who Superman is, and this wouldn't be any deifferent. They already work together at the Daily Planet, it's obvious there are finally feelings between the two, Lois could obviously be Superman's liason via being a journalist, and Lois could help with getting convincing others that Clark is just a normal guy.

Given that they are building a relationship between Clark and Lois without Superman, and considering all the other drastic changes Smallville has made to they mythos, I don't see why they can't have Lois know Clark's identity from the start. When Clark finally puts on the suit, it's pretty much going to mark the end of the show, and people are going to want more closure on his relationship with Lois by the time the show ends. Within the context of the show, it really wouldn't make sense to have a long drawn out guessing game with Lois trying to figure out Clark's identity. We've already got that aspect of their relationship represented by the fact that they are perfect for each other, but they've both been oblivious to it. I say just let the future Mrs. Superman be in on it.

Well true but we dont even know what superman will look like in smallville's world.

Well true but we dont even know what superman will look like in smallville's world.

Im going to go out on a limb here and take a wild guess by saying........he's probably going to look like Tom Welling. LOL:oldrazz:

Is it really so hard to get a set of blue tights with red underoos and a cape? :huh:

IMO, Lois should just be in cahoots with Clark about Superman the whole time. The relationship is other media has worked with Lois knowing who Superman is, and this wouldn't be any deifferent. They already work together at the Daily Planet, it's obvious there are finally feelings between the two, Lois could obviously be Superman's liason via being a journalist, and Lois could help with getting convincing others that Clark is just a normal guy.

remember the episode where Lois said that even if she discovers peoples secrets, that she would keep them because she thinks that people have a good reason to keep secrets, and that she wouldn't push them until they were ready to reveal said secrets to her... or something along those lines.

i believe they have already layed the foundation for what you are advocating.

my only question: why do you keep inserting the word 'just' into you thread title and opening sentence? The word Just kind of implies that that is all she should do.

Last edited:
Seeing as how he doesn't have glasses and they're getting "close"...her not recognizing this man as Superman would, at this point, be absurd.

Last edited:
Seeing as how he doesn't have glasses and they're getting "close"...her not recognizing this man as Superman would, at this point, be absurd.

LOL. Just like it's absurd that she can't recognize Clark as Superman with the glasses.:cwink:

Yes, but without that "mythology device", it's just...impossible to buy.

They could always say that the suit gives off some type of mind confusion that makes Superman and Clark look different. But I'd prefer that in the Smallville universe Lois knows that Superman is Clark right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"