Clark / Chloe kiss screenies?

until one day when buttercup realized that when westley said "as you wish" what he was really saying was "i love you."

awww, is this a kissy book?

Where were we? Oh, right...

Pixiedust said:
I would have agreed with you about seeing something between Clark and Chloe before they brought Lois on, probably even been cheering for the kiss if Lois wasn't around. I think Clark and Chloe would have made a far better couple than Clark and Lana (simply because I like Chloe much better?)
I hear ya. I found it easier to relate to Chloe early on. Pete told Clark that maybe if he took off his "Lana blinders" he'd realize somebody else was out there for him. Must be that X-Ray vision thang. :D

But since Lois is here and she is Chloe's cousin, I think it muddies the water so much more for a later relationship for Lois and Clark to be believable, even if it's one we never see on screen. One thing that isn't arguable about Lois is how much she loves her cousin and if they do Chlark and it ends badly (and I don't trust tptb to make it end any other way), how could it be believed that Lois falls for the guy who broke her beloved cousin's heart?
You bring up an interesting point, but I think it would only be a problem if there was a relationship to speak of, if it ended badly, and if Chloe was still around to see Clark's growing interest in Lois. There's more than a few ways to skin this cat (sorry, bad metaphor LOL.)

We already have to deal with Smallville canon that Lana is the one true everlasting never ending love of Clark's life (which I think diminishes the future importance that Lois will have for him) and Chlark has its own baggage that it hangs on Lois. It's just unfair to the woman who is supposed to be his soul mate.
Good points all around.

But I just feel that Lana has had much more importance than she should have ever had to Clark and a relationship with Chloe would just give the Chlosiers/Chlarkers one more reason to bash EDLois once Chlark ends which it would have to do.
I've only just recently seen this "EDLois" label on other forums, and somebody had to actually explain who "grandma" was to me 'cause I had no clue LOL. Quite frankly, I don't pay any attention to that nonsense. It's all rather... ridiculous and silly, actually. What should be important is how the story flies with the majority of viewers.

Clark took a brief tangent towards Chloe about five years ago, but he hasn't been interested in her in that way ever since. So for him to all of a sudden discover Chloe now would really come out of left field. I also didn't see any "reciprocation" on Clark's part during the Chloe kiss in Vessel that everybody else saw - or imagined. As I said in another thread, it just looked like Clark did what he always does when Chloe pulls one of those maneuvers on him - he deals. He also had WAY bigger fish to fry at that moment, so any reciprocation on his part I think would have been very much out of place.

That said, if the writers really wanted to rock the canonical boat, they *could* explain Clark's eventual "discovery" of Lois as a result of Chloe. Would that send comic purists into a raging tizzy? Probably. But as somebody who reads comics, it wouldn't bother me at all. I like both characters, and there's five years of episodic justification for why it *could* make a lot of sense. It would however necessitate killing off the Chloe character in the end for the many reasons you listed above, and I'm not sure I'd want to see that. I'm in a conundrum on this one.

AgentPat said:
Clark took a brief tangent towards Chloe about five years ago, but he hasn't been interested in her in that way ever since. So for him to all of a sudden discover Chloe now would really come out of left field. I also didn't see any "reciprocation" on Clark's part during the Chloe kiss in Vessel that everybody else saw - or imagined. As I said in another thread, it just looked like Clark did what he always does when Chloe pulls one of those maneuvers on him - he deals. He also had WAY bigger fish to fry at that moment, so any reciprocation on his part I think would have been very much out of place.

Besides the fact that I find ZERO chemistry between the two of them (I honestly don't see it at all), I have to agree with what you said above.

Of course, my first choice for Clark, for this show.. is Lana. Obviously, that's not going to happen.. but I can at least *understand* the Lois thing developing - and that makes perfect sense to me. The Chloe thing, not at all. There is no reason for him to see her through new eyes at this point. They've been very close for a long time. Talk about people getting tired of the Clark/Lana see-saw.. are we really going to go back to Chloe pining for Clark, and him ultimately telling her <again!> that he doesn't have the same feelings for her? Gah. Same see-saw, different riders. ;)

Why can't people just be happy with them being best friends? Is it because they are male/female that it has to be more? I don't buy that. I think Chloe deserves more than to be left by Clark, like Lana was.. because we know that he will end up with Lois. I truly hope and pray that they leave them as best friends.... and give her a damn boyfriend! Or maybe just a few dates!

Not that I want this to be a Lois and Clark show. I just really don't. One of the things I love most about this show is that it is its own version of the story.. and hell with all the complainers.

I'd be perfectly happy if they keep Lois in the capacity she is, but show her character developing towards the woman we know she's going to become, the woman that Superman will ultimately choose to be with. But.. I have a feeling they may go further with the relationship - not my first choice, but again, that would at least make sense to me. Make Lois a bit brighter on Clark's radar, as he grows more and more away from Chloe (because she's STALKING HIM NOW.. J/K :p)..

My one teensy weensy request is that they redeem Lana and restore her to being one of his closest, and still loving, friends before the series ends.

Really, my needs are so simple. :(

Serene said:
My one teensy weensy request is that they redeem Lana and restore her to being one of his closest, and still loving, friends before the series ends.

I'm with you on this one. I really hope they start toward redeeming her character so that she is in her role by the end of the series.

I'm going to give you my opinion on the kiss.

I don't see it as their going to bring back Clark & Chloe next year . I saw it more like I don't know what's going to happend , In case I never see you again. Here's a goodbye kiss, to remember me by. That's all .

Clark just doesn't love Chloe the way, he loved lana . [The writters have made that clear as daylight .] Clark cares for Chloe as A friend not as a lover . Chloe loves Clark, But she knows he doesn't love her he still has feelings for Lana. However Chloe has also notice that something is brewing between Lois & Clark too {she saw that in Season 4 & also in Season 5.}

Also on the whole Chloe/Lois lane issue, . I like Chloe, but I get the feeling she the one holding Lois back from becoming the woman she is DESTINED to become . The writters spend to much time trying to find Chloe things for her to do {in term's of journalism}. And will once in a while give Lois a little story involing her sloving a case . In the other area's of Lois character development, From since her first appearence "Cursade". We've seen a little bet of progress. not much just a little bit . The writters seemd to be focusing on Lois & Clark's relationship . not that I mind, I enjoy watching the relationship grow. It's one of my favorite things about the show. However I would like Season 6 to focus a bit more on her character development from The Army Brat to The Ace Reporter for The Daily Planet.

The Incredible Hulk said:
dammit Pat, we were trying out best to quash this stupid Chloe/Clark kiss talk :mad:

Yes, we were.:mad:

Serene said:

it is kind of ridiculous that wishing for them to be together and happy for more then like, half an hour in 5 years while she knows who he really is and accepts him for what he is - is now perceived as "asking for too much"..

the kids are allright, no matter what anyone says..
there should be a HAPPY END in their universe too..

Serene said:
Besides the fact that I find ZERO chemistry between the two of them (I honestly don't see it at all), I have to agree with what you said above.

Of course, my first choice for Clark, for this show.. is Lana. Obviously, that's not going to happen.. but I can at least *understand* the Lois thing developing - and that makes perfect sense to me. The Chloe thing, not at all. There is no reason for him to see her through new eyes at this point. They've been very close for a long time. Talk about people getting tired of the Clark/Lana see-saw.. are we really going to go back to Chloe pining for Clark, and him ultimately telling her <again!> that he doesn't have the same feelings for her? Gah. Same see-saw, different riders. ;)

Why can't people just be happy with them being best friends? Is it because they are male/female that it has to be more? I don't buy that. I think Chloe deserves more than to be left by Clark, like Lana was.. because we know that he will end up with Lois. I truly hope and pray that they leave them as best friends.... and give her a damn boyfriend! Or maybe just a few dates!

Not that I want this to be a Lois and Clark show. I just really don't. One of the things I love most about this show is that it is its own version of the story.. and hell with all the complainers.

I'd be perfectly happy if they keep Lois in the capacity she is, but show her character developing towards the woman we know she's going to become, the woman that Superman will ultimately choose to be with. But.. I have a feeling they may go further with the relationship - not my first choice, but again, that would at least make sense to me. Make Lois a bit brighter on Clark's radar, as he grows more and more away from Chloe (because she's STALKING HIM NOW.. J/K :p)..

Totally agree with this post. Excellent thoughts!

BaK said:
it is kind of ridiculous that wishing for them to be together and happy for more then like, half an hour in 5 years while she knows who he really is and accepts him for what he is - is now perceived as "asking for too much"..

the kids are allright, no matter what anyone says..
there should be a HAPPY END in their universe too..

As it stands right now, if and when Clark finally reveals his abilities and truth to Lana she's either going to

a) Hate him for causing the death of her parents

b) Laugh at him for copying Lex's honesty and berate him for not doing it sooner.

I don't see a way back for Clark and Lana, I hope to God they stop trying that way, have Clark get over his teen infatuation (who takes high school junior crushes past college anyways?) and start growing as a character. Clark needs to move on.

Chloe is Lois

Ok here are all the interview, I could find that would put this rumor to rest .

From The man himself [Al Gough ]

OG: There's been lots of speculation about who will evolve into the Lois Lane that Superman fans are familiar with -- the Lois Lane currently the show, or Chloe Sullivan.

AG: No, it's funny, I've been hearing the rumors that Chloe is really Lois Lane. Then we put in that Lois was her cousin .When you actually put Lois on the show, you'd think that would quell that. I don't think Chloe goes into witness protection and comes out as Lois Lane.

OG: So, people aren't responding to these big hints you're dropping.

AG: When you actually introduce the character on the show, that to me would be the big hint. But people can dare to dream.

Al Gough Interview TWOP
-----------------------------------

SUPERMAN homepage interview

Q: Now Lois is definitely Chloe's cousin, there's some fans who still think that somehow Chloe will change her name and become Lois Lane?

A: [Laughs] No, she's definitely Chloe's cousin.

SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE
--------------------
Al Gough's interview @ DTS.

DTS : So is it true Lois is Chloe's cousin ? So will Chloe become Lois ?

Al Gough : " It is true, Lois Lane is Chloe's cousin. No Chloe doesn't morph into Lois." [Laughs]

DTS
--------------------------
even from Allison Mack

AMO: Final Smallville question. You already touched on this a little bit but some of your fans feel that they have contextual evidence that Chloe is going to be The Lois Lane.

ALLISON: Yeah some people are very much stuck on that idea.

AMO: Yeah, that's true, but the show does give some evidence for the idea for Chloe, Lana, and Lois. So they were wondering what you feel about that.

ALLISON: I mean, we have Lois, right? So I don't see that ever happening. But it's an interesting thing to speculate.

http://www.allisonmackonline.com/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=22

Serene said:

Wouldnt be the first time that a guy falls inlove with his bestfriend (female friend) who had a crush on him for years, and he never felt anything for her.
Remember Dawsons Creek? Joey & Dawson went thru the same thing, and I think the WB's writers are going to do the same on Smallville.
Atleast for next season Clark will fall for Chloe.. Think about it!
Shes the only one other then his mother who he trusts, and whos never let him down... Love will brew in these situation, and also it makes for a nice romantic story, and if they kill chloe off after season 6 then his getting with Lois will be alot deeper because of the history between the two.
Anyway im watching the Finale right now as I type this, and let me tell you to me this is the best show of the season hands down!
I loved the episode even with the few minor flaws... :):up:

bulok said:
a) Hate him for causing the death of her parents
:confused:
reckoning called.. asked you to watch again..

only this time with paying attention..

BareKnucklez said:
Shes the only one other then his mother who he trusts, and whos never let him down...
I guess agreeing to spy on your best friend out of jealousy and for your own gain doesn't count as letting down. Not only doing it once...but twice.

Sometimes people tend to make Chloe the saint of the show just because of how Season 5 went for her. Girl has a past after all. Just like all the other characters.

jr24tw said:
I guess agreeing to spy on your best friend out of jealousy and for your own gain doesn't count as letting down. Not only doing it once...but twice.

Sometimes people tend to make Chloe the saint of the show just because of how Season 5 went for her. Girl has a past after all. Just like all the other characters.
This is brought up a quite a bit (and for good reason), but Lana has been given a lot of passes too. It really comes down to which character the viewer has a preference for because that colors individual perception and by default, the overall opinion of the big picture. I've seen the arguments from both sides and both have validity.

AgentPat said:
This is brought up a quite a bit (and for good reason), but Lana has been given a lot of passes too. It really comes down to which character the viewer has a preference for because that colors individual perception and by default, the overall opinion of the big picture. I've seen the arguments from both sides and both have validity.

Wow! Pat gets the Diplomat of the Day award. ;)

Actually, I completely agree - it's all about individual perception and personal bias. And I'm not saying bias is always a bad thing either.. it just is.

The Chloe thing and how people still feel about that probably depends on a lot of things. I'm not the most forgiving person in the world, so I have a hard time trusting Chloe to not act like a "woman scorned" again in the future. Which means that I lean more towards that being a characteristic of hers, as opposed to just a young girl making a mistake, learning from it, and moving on. My Lana-bias probably helps in making me see it that way. Of course, as a fictional character, she has no *real* characteristics.. just what the writers choose to give her on a weekly basis. So, certainly, she could swing either way. My personal opinion, is that Chloe is being portrayed as almost saint-like in her devotion to Clark now, and it's unlikely that she'd ever betray him again.

Lana has been a real ***** to Clark, but I guess I've just always been able to sympathize with her extreme frustration to the point of making her snap. Blind loyalty is reeeally tough to keep up when you're basically told to get lost.

Here's why I think there will be no Chlark.

Clark cant use the excuse of not being able to have sex with Chloe because of his fears, as Chloe knows about them.

They wont have Clark have sex with Chloe.

No relationship.

avidreader said:
Clark cant use the excuse of not being able to have sex with Chloe because of his fears, as Chloe knows about them.

They wont have Clark have sex with Chloe.

well, the way she's been "bandit kissing", he might not even have a say in it..

:O :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"