Long and SPOILER filled synopsis of Thor Ragnarok

Same. Marvel Studios are fools if they don't bring Cate back, especially when she's openly said that she'd like to return.

You have to wonder what Surtur is up to after this movie. Is he just loose in the Universe now?? Because that's surely a bad thing... right?? :funny: You'd think someone might have said, "Uhh.., Thor? Shouldn't we try and stop that gigantic fire demon we've let loose on the Universe now?" :oldrazz:

Its possible that Surtur just went dormant. Ragnarok happened and Asgard was destroyed. His mission was essentially successfully. Depending on how far they take it in regards the whole death and rebirth cycle of the gods, he may not show up until Asgard returns (whether in its original state or something new).

Same. Marvel Studios are fools if they don't bring Cate back, especially when she's openly said that she'd like to return.

You have to wonder what Surtur is up to after this movie. Is he just loose in the Universe now?? Because that's surely a bad thing... right?? :funny: You'd think someone might have said, "Uhh.., Thor? Shouldn't we try and stop that gigantic fire demon we've let loose on the Universe now?" :oldrazz:
vote for Cate to be back!!!

yeah, the ending was left with a lot of question marks.

Its possible that Surtur just went dormant. Ragnarok happened and Asgard was destroyed. His mission was essentially successfully. Depending on how far they take it in regards the whole death and rebirth cycle of the gods, he may not show up until Asgard returns (whether in its original state or something new).

You may be onto something there. Surtur kept going on about how his destiny was to destroy Asgard. With his destiny fulfilled, maybe you're right in that it simply ended his existence.

With his destiny fulfilled he can chill out in retirement with his pipe and slippers.

I personally found the final boss fight to be a little all over the place and unstructured. I am surprised they actually destroyed Asguard, so kudos to them for actually going through with that,

Wait a minute.. can we all take a step back and realize Surtur is the only character who wins?

The movie opens with Surtur capturing Thor, and telling hom its his destiny to destroy Asgard, and ends with him succeeding. The movie is called Ragnarok...Hela was the antagonist of the narrative but it sounds like the overarching story of this movie is the destruction of Asgard intended by Surtur.

Curious way of looking at it. He was the "self contained" big bad of the movie, and the movie was named after his destiny...which the events Hela caused lead to Surtur's fulfillment of his existence, and ultimate victory. super interesting. While he may not been the villain of the narrative, the overarching TRUE danger appears to be him, JUST like it was in the comics.

I personally found the final boss fight to be a little all over the place and unstructured. I am surprised they actually destroyed Asguard, so kudos to them for actually going through with that,

Maybe it's a typo, but if not, is there a reason people write Asguard?
I see it too often, is it a joke? Then please write it Assguard, go the full distance. :woot:

I wish they showed more of the Hela v Valkyrie sequence because it looked beautiful.

well, time for my full review in this spoiler thread where I can post spoilers :)
my grips with the movie:

1. Humor - yeah, I wasn't fond of it. I wanted it to be a little bit more serious. actually, way more serious. Thor being a funny guy... it doesn't really suits him.

2. Main Villain - Hela was way too UNDERUSED. the history of Hela was interesting but that's... it. she was badass af but she suffers from MCU villain syndrome. I also wanted to see her Death God powers (Hand of Glory, raising the dead etc) which she had none. she should have been called Goddess of War instead. why is MCU shying away from their comic OG counterparts is beyond me.

3. Warriors Three and Lady Sif - wasted. I was disappointed af.

4. Odin - most powerful God in Asgard, a guy who should be above Surtur and Thanos. they did a bad job at portraying Odin. REALLY REALLY BAD.

5. Lack of Flashbacks - who wouldn't wanna see Odin in his glory against Surtur??? Odin marching with Hela and conquering worlds??? more development for Valkyrie and Hela??? its beyond me why they haven't give one single flashback of Odin's awesomeness :(

the good side of the film

1. Hela - arguably the best part of the movie. Cate Blanchett did a PHENOMENAL job at portraying her. she was badass, funny and scary at the same time. pity that she was so underused

2. Thor vs Hulk - one of the best fights of MCU. I can safely say that Thor > Hulk ;)

3. Thor vs Hela (throne room) and Thor and Valkyrie vs Hela - very good fight scene with banter. pity that the throne fight didn't last longer though its not surprising considering how OP Hela is. fight on Bifrost was cool and when Valkyrie said to Thor "You first" you could see from Thor that he was not glad to go first :)

4. Thor's "God" mode - the music when it kicked in... it was simply epic.

5. Surtur - while I don't like that Surtur was a plot device, it was really a sight to behold when you saw him at the end. he is the only one that made Hela to actually try and not to toy around like she did with Thor and Valkyrie.

Summary:

The movie is good. It has ups and downs like any movie. Personally, I wanted it to be more serious. I'm not against humor but when it come to "End of everything" type of movies then I want it to be more serious. I give it a solid 6/10.

Last edited:
damn, Volstangg and Fandral got one shotted.

Yes, it was less than two seconds, I couldn't even tell if it was Zachary Levi since he doesn't even talk and you see his face very briefly. Volstangg asks Hela who she is though.

Yes, it was less than two seconds, I couldn't even tell if it was Zachary Levi since he doesn't even talk and you see his face very briefly. Volstangg asks Hela who she is though.
yeah, Hela made quick work of them.

Question. Does Thor have any big lightning bolts.
? Most of the time his lightning seems as thick as branches. Wondering of there are any big, or thick bolts, say, as think as a person, or a bolt that is over a foot thick

Question. Does Thor have any big lightning bolts.
? Most of the time his lightning seems as thick as branches. Wondering of there are any big, or thick bolts, say, as think as a person, or a bolt that is over a foot thick
he summoned the most powerful lighting EVER to strike Hela which was the size of the entire palace in length iirc but not as thick as you think it would be.

it did no damage to Hela.

Last edited:
well, time for my full review in this spoiler thread where I can post spoilers :)
my grips with the movie:

1. Humor - yeah, I wasn't fond of it. I wanted it to be a little bit more serious. actually, way more serious. Thor being a funny guy... it doesn't really suits him.

2. Main Villain - Hela was way too UNDERUSED. the history of Hela was interesting but that's... it. she was badass af but she suffers from MCU villain syndrome. I also wanted to see her Death God powers (Hand of Glory, raising the dead etc) which she had none. she should have been called Goddess of War instead. why is MCU shying away from their comic OG counterparts is beyond me.

3. Warriors Three and Lady Sif - wasted. I was disappointed af.

4. Odin - most powerful God in Asgard, a guy who should be above Surtur and Thanos. they did a bad job at portraying Odin. REALLY REALLY BAD.

5. Lack of Flashbacks - who wouldn't wanna see Odin in his glory against Surtur??? Odin marching with Hela and conquering worlds??? more development for Valkyrie and Hela??? its beyond me why the haven't give one single flashback of Odin's awesomeness :(

the good side of the film

1. Hela - arguably the best part of the movie. Cate Blanchett did a PHENOMENAL job at portraying her. she was badass, funny and scary at the same time. pity that she was so underused

2. Thor vs Hulk - one of the best fights of MCU. I can safely say that Thor > Hulk ;)

3. Thor vs Hela (throne room) and Thor and Valkyrie vs Hela - very good fight scene with banter. pity that the throne fight didn't last longer though its not surprising considering how OP Hela is. fight on Bifrost was cool and when Valkyrie said to Thor "You first" you could see from Thor that he was not glad to go first :)

4. Thor's "God" mode - the music when it kicked in... it was simply epic.

5. Surtur - while I don't like that Surtur was a plot device, it was really a sight to behold when you saw him at the end. he is the only one that made Hela to actually try and not to toy around like she did with Thor and Valkyrie.

Summary:

The movie is good. It has ups and downs like any movie. Personally, I wanted it to be more serious. I'm not against humor but when it come to "End of everything" type of movies then I want it to be more serious. I give it a solid 6/10.

Thanks for the review dude, even though I rate the movie higher than you I definitely still agree with a lot of your points. :up: Like there not being enough Hela, Marvel better rectify that by putting her in another movie. Seriously.

he summoned the most powerful lighting EVER to strike Hela which was the size of the entire palace in length iirc but not as think as you think it would be.

it did no damage to Hela.

Which is why she isn't dead, IMO. Hela was so crazy powerful that stabbing her right through the chest didn't even make her flinch, Thor hitting her with the most powerful lightning bolt ever did absolutely nothing, she didn't even look slightly injured in her next scene. She was so powerful that not even Odin could kill her and she canonically very nearly overthrew his rule. I don't believe for a second that Surtur nuking Asgard killed her, and it's telling that they didn't show her die. It was left ambiguous for a reason IMO.

Thanks for the review dude, even though I rate the movie higher than you I definitely still agree with a lot of your points. :up: Like there not being enough Hela, Marvel better rectify that by putting her in another movie. Seriously.

I will watch it again this Saturday but more detailed this time.

Which is why she isn't dead, IMO. Hela was so crazy powerful that stabbing her right through the chest didn't even make her flinch, Thor hitting her with the most powerful lightning bolt ever did absolutely nothing, she didn't even look slightly injured in her next scene. She was so powerful that not even Odin could kill her and she canonically very nearly overthrew his rule. I don't believe for a second that Surtur nuking Asgard killed her, and it's telling that they didn't show her die. It was left ambiguous for a reason IMO.
I hope so man.

Hela had a lot of potential and her being Thor's older sister was interesting but it was played like "Yo she is your Sister" and "Oh OK".

they definitely screwed that part of the story.

Loved the movie, me and my co- worker laughed trough out. But the action and visuals are also great. Def one of my favorite Marvel movies.

So sounds like this movie kind of gave the middle finger to the first two. Kills all the original supporting characters except Heimdall, blows up Asgard, and changes the whole origin of Odin.

Mad props to the OP for such a detailed synopsis.

There's no way I could have remembered so much detail based on one viewing.

I saw it last night, and you got it almost 100%.

Oh, and it was awesome, a 9/10, as good as the very best of the MCU>

So sounds like this movie kind of gave the middle finger to the first two. Kills all the original supporting characters except Heimdall, blows up Asgard, and changes the whole origin of Odin.

It's a new beginning which also closes the trilogy in unexpected ways. There are many story,visual and musical callbacks to Thor,The Dark World,Avengers and Age of Ultron while telling its stand-alone story in a complete way.

Mad props to the OP for such a detailed synopsis.

There's no way I could have remembered so much detail based on one viewing.

I saw it last night, and you got it almost 100%.

Oh, and it was awesome, a 9/10, as good as the very best of the MCU>

Don't forget to vote for what you gave the film in the Spoiler Free Review thread.

What happened with Surtur was dumb and makes no sense. It's my only problem with the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"