Long and SPOILER filled synopsis of Thor Ragnarok

You may be right there, which indicates that she was already super powerful before her banishment (which yes, it sounds like she was), and her increasing in power in the film was merely her regaining her former strength. Considering she managed to destroy Mjolnir when she'd only just escaped shows how powerful she is.
basically yes.

Yes, but Ragnarok still happened

Yes, but it had to happen to stop Hela - which is why the heroes had to actually make it happen. This is why I see Hela as the primary menace.

I believe that she's one of the most powerful villain we've seen ( other than Dormammu and Ego -
Not sure what level Thanos is on without the gauntlet) I reckon she could take down Ultron easily - wonder if she could kill Kurse ? Abomination ? Not a chance against her.

Hope she returns in a future film.

Yes, but it had to happen to stop Hela - which is why the heroes had to actually make it happen. This is why I see Hela as the primary menace.

I believe that she's one of the most powerful villain we've seen ( other than Dormammu and Ego -
Not sure what level Thanos is on without the gauntlet) I reckon she could take down Ultron easily - wonder if she could kill Kurse ? Abomination ? Not a chance against her.

well, she is there as long as there is Asgard.

Asgard is a people not a place.

put two and two together.

I get all that, and she was the primary villain.

But what I am saying, the film is genuinly about Ragnarok

I get all that, and she was the primary villain.

But what I am saying, the film is genuinly about Ragnarok

Okay, yes I would agree with that.

Something I think people haven't mentioned enough is Thor's character arc.

Both in this film, and throughout the series he's really grown ( I think that speech to Loki "You'll always be the god of mischief, but you could be so much more.") really says a lot - both about how their relationship has evolved but also how Thor has evolved.

When Thor sits in the chair at the end of Ragnarok, you really get a sense that he's truly ready to be King of the Asgardians -whereas at the end of the other films, he's definitely not.

Best of all, this film explored Thor's sense of humour - in a way I didn't think possible.

Right from the very first line " I know what you're thinking, 'Oh no, Thor's in a cage !'" LOL.

Okay, yes I would agree with that.

Something I think people haven't mentioned enough is Thor's character arc.

Both in this film, and throughout the series he's really grown ( I think that speech to Loki "You'll always be the god of mischief, but you could be so much more.") really says a lot - both about how their relationship has evolved but also how Thor has evolved.

When Thor sits in the chair at the end of Ragnarok, you really get a sense that he's truly ready to be King of the Asgardians -whereas at the end of the other films, he's definitely not.

Best of all, this film explored Thor's sense of humour - in a way I didn't think possible.

Right from the very first line " I know what you're thinking, 'Oh no, Thor's in a cage !'" LOL.
Definitely.

Guys, I'm from Brazil, I'm sorry for my horrible English. But I saw the movie last week and thinking more about it, do not you think the Eternal Flame is an Infinity Stone? I did not see anyone talking about it but could have introduced Hela with the original powers but they decided to present another artifact that does the same thing that soul stone does? I think it makes perfect sense, besides confirming that cate blanchett will return!

Guys, I'm from Brazil, I'm sorry for my horrible English. But I saw the movie last week and thinking more about it, do not you think the Eternal Flame is an Infinity Stone? I did not see anyone talking about it but could have introduced Hela with the original powers but they decided to present another artifact that does the same thing that soul stone does? I think it makes perfect sense, besides confirming that cate blanchett will return!

Interesting.

With Infinity War being less than a year away, I think they would have made a point of stating it was an Infinity Stone, even if it was just an off handed comment like what they did in Doctor Strange. I still think its gonna show up in Black Panther. Based on the last trailer, there's a possibility that Necropolis will show up.

I don't think so, there was nothing really in the film that indicated to me that the Eternal Flame is actually the Soul Stone. But then again, I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'm not really sure how it being the Soul Stone confirms Cate will return though? :huh: There's lots of reasons that I personally think Cate will return as Hela, but tbh that's not one of them.

Whether Mjolnir comes back or not, I loved that it got a final action scene before going out. Loved how Thor used it to keep the fire dragon grounded for a moment.

I don't think so, there was nothing really in the film that indicated to me that the Eternal Flame is actually the Soul Stone. But then again, I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'm not really sure how it being the Soul Stone confirms Cate will return though? :huh: There's lots of reasons that I personally think Cate will return as Hela, but tbh that's not one of them.

Didn't they state on TDW's mid-credits scene that it's a bad idea to put 2 infinity stones close to one another, hence bringing the aether to The Collector?

Whether Mjolnir comes back or not, I loved that it got a final action scene before going out. Loved how Thor used it to keep the fire dragon grounded for a moment.

Agreed, I love how Thor held upon that dragon's jaws which was a great strength feat by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"