Looks like Perfect Dark on XBLA is a go

Isildur´s Heir;17010749 said:
But i never had a N64.....:(

I'm sorry, those are the rules. You'll be better suited to make such laws once this comes out and you play it in all it's masterpiece form.

I hope the Multiplayer is exactly like it used to be, where you could make and save all kinds of set ups for Bots and what not. My friend and I made this whole evil team that we'd have to take out, it was a lot of fun.

Straight loving the retention of the gritty, cyberpunk, dystopian look of the original. This is how the series should always look:

pdmyxbox.jpg

pdfriends1.jpg

pdfriends2.jpg

pdsystemsettings.jpg

pddownloadvideos.jpg

And here's a comparison of the new render, to the N64 one (not the game model):

pd071024x768.jpg

pdgamelibrary.jpg

Hopefully, unlike the N64, the renders are actually indicative of the actual gaming models. If so, this has truly surpassed my expectations. I would have been more than happy with high-res graphics of the original. But it seems Rare has gone the extra mile and gone back to the renders and concept art which they couldn't fully represent with N64's limited power, and recreated it for the 360. Now all I need is a confirmation that the entire game will be in-tact (multiplayer, counter co-op, challenges, etc.) and I am in gaming bliss. :D

Screw Perfect Dark, can I please get my Killer Instinct remake, Thank You

Screw Perfect Dark, can I please get my Killer Instinct remake, Thank You
Wait for it...just wait, because KI is set to happen sooner or later, just like a KI3.
Like i said in one of the first post in this thread, i believe that all Rare games (and Ultimate ones) will end on going to the 360...minus the ones owned by Nintendo (DK being one).

Rumors even state that they are making a Goldeneye one......minus 007

Last edited:
Straight loving the retention of the gritty, cyberpunk, dystopian look of the original. This is how the series should always look [...]

Exactly. That Blade Runneresque type of environment is Perfect Dark to me. That theme looks great, as well. I'm going to use it once I get my 360 back. I can't wait to get this.

http://www.rareware.com/company/news.html
pdxbla-theme.jpg

3/6/09: It's Dark, She's Perfect

As the availability of a new PD-themed, er, theme on Marketplace today may indicate, the original pre-Zero instalment of Perfect Dark will be the third Rare N64-era classic to arrive on Xbox Live Arcade.

It'll be following in the footsteps of Banjo-Kazooie and PD's own stablemate from the same year, Banjo-Tooie. Those troopers at 4J are already hard at work on the porting duties, sorting out the high-definition makeover and kick up the framerate you've come to expect. No word on any further tweaks or additions just yet, and no solid release date, but at the time of writing it seems likely to be near the end of 2009.

Here's the original promo text we scrawled for Marketplace: "Back in the year 2000, Rare continued a solid gold run of hits with the debut of a striking new sci-fi heroine. Agent Joanna Dark hit the ground running in Perfect Dark, an epic tale of galactic conspiracies in 2023 America. Now this classic shooter is coming to Xbox Live Arcade, rendered in greater definition and detail and sporting a silkier framerate than ever before. Fire up your Farsight and prepare for assignment as the Dark returns this winter."

Another comparison of the original box art and the new one:

boxart.jpg

cboxperfectdark.jpg

Anyone else hoped that they implemented a bit of the red hair? Nothing ridiculous like PDZ, but auburn. Rare always meant for Joanna to have it, but for some reason N64 couldn't render the color properly, so they went with the closest color (brown). I would have liked something like this:

anniewersching.jpg

anniewersching2065381.jpg

Last edited:
It blew my fourteen year old mind whenever I finally noticed you could see Elvis in her eye on the box art. :D

simperfectdark00.jpg

simperfectdark01.jpg

simperfectdark03.jpg

simperfectdark02.jpg

Players: 1-4

Players Co-op: 1-2

Multiplayer Versus

In-game Dolby Digital

Storage Device

Xbox LIVE Multiplayer

Leaderboards

So they're definitely doing re-textures and it'll be playable over XBL. Hoped it would look a bit better considering the fantastic new renders, but it's already more than I expected in the first place. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Those screenshots aren't that bad. I wasn't expecting Rare to completely overhaul Perfect Dark and make it look like a brand new game that came out this gen.

Seems to me, it's similar to what they did with Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. It still retains the feel of the vanilla version but easier on the eyes. No complaints here

Rare isn't working on this, 4J Studios are. They're responsible for the Banjo ports you mentioned. I think it's a vast improvement over what they did with those games, however. They basically just upscaled the original textures to HD. I don't think they did an overhaul like they seem to be doing here.

Yeah, this port looks fantastic! Although that gun in bottom screenshot, the...Callisto if I remember correctly really needs some better texturing. Other than that I don't think I could ask for more based on these screens.

Rare isn't working on this, 4J Studios are. They're responsible for the Banjo ports you mentioned. I think it's a vast improvement over what they did with those games, however. They basically just upscaled the original textures to HD. I don't think they did an overhaul like they seem to be doing here.
I agree that those screens of Perfect Dark are a step up from both Banjo games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"