Looks like Perfect Dark on XBLA is a go

Microsoft took possession of the Halo IP when they bought Bungie. When Bungie became independent once more, they agreed to the terms that Microsoft would have a minority stake in the company (probably to ensure that they will remain exclusive developers for Microsoft) and that Microsoft would keep the Halo IP.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I knew MS was keeping a chain on Bungie even if they are 'independent', guess that's the price you pay

Heck yes, the "rumor" just got a bit stronger...

http://www.destructoid.com/someone-...shouldn-t-have-forza-3-confirmed-130439.phtml
Pre-E3, Microsoft's announcements are always notoriously leaked all over the Internet well in advanced; this appears to be one what we can assume will be many. Hey, we have one, too: Based on an image sent to us anonymously, we have reason to believe Rare may actually, seriously be readying an Xbox LIVE Arcade version of Perfect Dark.

And there you go.

PD-noscale.jpg

The only thing throwing me off is the image used for the icon. I guess it could just be a place holder.

I'm curious as to how they'll port it. I'm not expecting next-gen graphics or anything, but I hope to god they do a full clean-up job in the vain of Bionic Commando and Street Fighter. I already know what this game looks like in full high-res (thanks to emulation). I wanna see if they can improve upon the design and graphics a bit so it looks fresh.

I'd rather they keep it the way it is. Not everything needs to be remade with updated graphics.

As long as it keeps in tune with the original, why not? We're in an HD age now, and increasing resolution can only do so much for games made in SD. I'm not asking for a full-blown remake, just a port that was made for our HDTV's. As I said previously, Street Fighter is a good example. It's very much the original game, just enhanced for high-definition with a few little tweaks.

Just because we're in the HD age doesn't mean that we need to get rid of old crappy graphics. I love playing Virtual Console and PlayStation games on my HDTV.

That's all well and good, but I do not see the logic in applauding the continuation of pixelation, line jaggies, and blurriness. That makes no sense to me.

I've never been a graphics ****e, but....

I'd rather they keep it the way it is. Not everything needs to be remade with updated graphics.

...I don't know man, looking back objectively Perfect Dark was pretty rough. It could stand a few upgrades here and there.

I just want all the crazy multiplayer options and customization to stay in tact, as well as bots.

I didn't mind the updated graphics for Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie when they came out on Live Arcade. If Perfect Dark gets a similar update (increased resolution and some refinements), fine with me.

I just don't see the need to make it look like something that came out today

Like i said in this same thread, i believe that every game Rare ever did (and are not owned by others) are going to end on the XBLA, and that´s includes games they did when they were Ultimate Play the Game.
What makes me wonder is this bit...

...especially since this could be, the last ever Xbox 360 title we'll see from Rare.
This could be is not a fact, but a possibility.
But, if they are right, my guess is that the next generation is closer than we think

Sounds good. Update the controls and I would love it. I could care less if the graphics are updated. This is a definite download for me.

Anyone checked out the theme?
I just did, and it´s great...and free.
The only problem, Joanna Dark is not there, at least, i hope not, for the only girl that appear has dark hair and Joanna has red hair.

On a side note, i believe that, next time we see a new game from Rare, it will be Perfect Dark 2

The brown-haired girl IS Joanna. In the original game model, she had brown hair. The game renders (which the port seems to be taking their re-textures from) had a slight tinge of red (aburn I guess). PDZ is the only instance where they went for full-on red.

The brown-haired girl IS Joanna. In the original game model, she had brown hair. The game renders (which the port seems to be taking their re-textures from) had a slight tinge of red (aburn I guess). PDZ is the only instance where they went for full-on red.
I never played it on the N64...so, i didn´t knew that.
But i prefer the red haired one, and my word is law, so, they should have stick with that, for continuity reasons.

Isildur´s Heir;17010643 said:
I never played it on the N64...so, i didn´t knew that.
But i prefer the red haired one, and my word is law, so, they should have stick with that, for continuity reasons.

You not playing the N64 game immediately disqualifies you from making any laws related to PD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"