Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

giphy.gif

Garfield is only tracking because tickets were released early. Furiosa hasn't even started advanced sales and I don't know why WB's dragging their feet.

It's Garfield, There really is no competing against him.

Today we have the Australian premiere! We should be getting some reactions afterwards as well. Exciting to hear more about the film.

New behind the scenes footage with a lot of practical effects plus snippets of footage from the film.

Last edited:

Shirvo (paraphrase): I saw it with my 17 year old daughter. First thing she said was, '[Anya] didn't have that many lines but she was so amazing.'

Shirvo: Anya by the way, unbelievable. She is next level superstar right now in cinema, and she is only going to get better and better and better.

Angela Bishop: "Chris Hemsworth [...] does a great turn as a baddie, let me tell you... It's an amazing film."

Last edited:
Shirvo (paraphrase): I saw it with my 17 year old daughter. First thing she said was, '[Anya] did have that many lines but she was so amazing.'

Shirvo: Anya by the way, unbelievable. She is next level superstar right now in cinema, and she is only going to get better and better and better.

Angela Bishop: "Chris Hemsworth [...] does a great turn as a baddie, let me tell you... It's an amazing film."

Look in the background character posters!
They have to release those and let the people get to know everyone of these characters or at least the most significant and recognizable ones. 👍 Good stuff!

So if my math is correct, in like 1 hour we should be getting some substantial reactions to the film. 🙂

Last edited:
I've only come across one reaction to the movie so far. Some guy on YouTube didn't seem all that crazy about it. He said the whole thing felt like an overlong prologue to Fury Road and he wasn't crazy about the visual effects and one particular performance. This is only one person's opinion but I do hope people aren't constantly comparing it to Fury Road when actual reviews come out.

Apparently the embargo for those in attendance lifts May 7th. That’s still a full 2 weeks before release date which is encouraging.

I was able to find some reviews and ratings on letterbox though and here’s a compilation of the ratings anyways. By the way the rating on Letterboxd goes from 0 stars to 5 stars.

(Rating - amount of people)
5 stars - 2
4.5 stars - 6
4 stars - 5
3.5 stars - 1
3 stars - 2

We all* love Fury Road but it only got a B+ Cinemascore for whatever reason.

* not actually all

Someone recently told me nothing in Fury Road made sense and it took the focus from Max and put it on Furiosa and now Furiosa is just Mad Max with a ***** while still banking on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"